A Guide to Buying the Right Mouse

Arnt you the one that did the switch wiki too? I would say for the pictures in the top that they are pretty go though you might want to flatten your hand a bit more for the fingertip, but that's just me.

Arnt you the one that did the switch wiki too? I would say for the pictures in the top that they are pretty go though you might want to flatten your hand a bit more for the fingertip, but that's just me.

By "flatten" do you mean get the palm closer to the mouse?

Also, I use a fingertip hybrid claw thing so these images are all a tad forced. Am trying meh best. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

By "flatten" do you mean get the palm closer to the mouse?

Also, I use a fingertip hybrid claw thing so these images are all a tad forced. Am trying meh best.

yes less arch in the hand so the front of the palm close to the mouse but close enough. The palm shot is spot on though. It helps that it is a good mouse to show it though.

yes less arch in the hand so the front of the palm close to the mouse but close enough. The palm shot is spot on though. It helps that it is a good mouse to show it though.

Which one of these should I use? Keep in mind I will adjust lighting and sharpness to make the picture pop out the important details of gripping the mouse.

http://s2.postimg.org/l6dckaz49/IMG_1192.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/vydmdnbxz/IMG_1193.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/7vhcuhrj5/IMG_1194.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/im3iivth9/IMG_1195.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/iv7fyqfdb/IMG_1196.jpg

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Which one of these should I use? Keep in mind I will adjust lighting and sharpness to make the picture pop out the important details of gripping the mouse.

http://s2.postimg.org/l6dckaz49/IMG_1192.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/vydmdnbxz/IMG_1193.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/7vhcuhrj5/IMG_1194.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/im3iivth9/IMG_1195.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/iv7fyqfdb/IMG_1196.jpg

I would say the first one out of all of those :P

• 2 months later...

A quick question:  The CPL Mouse fix you've linked in the OP, does it disable the inherent mouse acceleration that's from laser mice as well?

[witty signature]

A quick question:  The CPL Mouse fix you've linked in the OP, does it disable the inherent mouse acceleration that's from laser mice as well?

No. By definition laser sensors have acceleration. Even good laser sensors like the one in the M65 have some hint of mouse accel.

No. By definition laser sensors have acceleration. Even good laser sensors like the one in the M65 have some hint of mouse accel.

I thought so, thanks for the clarification.

[witty signature]

• 2 months later...

And what about high-end laser sensors?

Trusted brands like Roccat or Corsair (if Corsair even uses laser no idea).

Do all laser suffer from this? And why would they still exist if they do?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

And what about high-end laser sensors?

Trusted brands like Roccat or Corsair (if Corsair even uses laser no idea).

Do all laser suffer from this? And why would they still exist if they do?

Most exist because HIGH DPI EQUALS BETTER GAMING as a lot of advertising would have people dictate. In reality much lower DPI is better than high DPI, for example check every professional FPS gamer out there (400 DPI optical) and what they're using. They're all using optical sensors. 

Corsair does utilize a laser sensor in their M65 as well as Sabre, can't recall any others. 

And no, not all lasers totally flat-out suck for gaming, in fact the M65 is one of the better laser sensors out there. However, we are nowhere near laser sensors being the FPS gaming choice for those who can win scholarships and money and such with the best peripherals for games.

Hope this helps :)

-Snip-

Thanks!

But how are the optical sensors improving? I'm using a really old one (made by Microsoft, apparently they used to make mice).

And the tracking is atrocious on anything that is not 100% flat and one colour.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Thanks!

But how are the optical sensors improving? I'm using a really old one (made by Microsoft, apparently they used to make mice).

And the tracking is atrocious on anything that is not 100% flat and one colour.

Well they aren't improving if you look at the lower-tier stuff. Most cheap optical sensors in, say, the mouse Dell gives you with prebuilt desktops can be wildly outperformed by an M65. Most sensors on the optical side aren't improving on the face of things because they've been known as the "best-tracking" forever and it it's usually hard to improve on perfection. Of course we'll always have shitty optical sensors but, for the time being, opticals are better in the higher-end mice on the market. Your Microsoft mouse is probably one of the earlier ones that are only compatible on black and not glass and that sort of thing. Logitech sells mice that get around these problems with optical mice and lots of newer opticals do not have red LEDs on the bottom visible to people's eyes. 

There are still tracking issues on optical sensors and this is where most are being improved. Most laser mice work on nearly every surface.

Well they aren't improving if you look at the lower-tier stuff. Most cheap optical sensors in, say, the mouse Dell gives you with prebuilt desktops can be wildly outperformed by an M65. Most sensors on the optical side aren't improving on the face of things because they've been known as the "best-tracking" forever and it it's usually hard to improve on perfection. Of course we'll always have shitty optical sensors but, for the time being, opticals are better in the higher-end mice on the market. Your Microsoft mouse is probably one of the earlier ones that are only compatible on black and not glass and that sort of thing. Logitech sells mice that get around these problems with optical mice and lots of newer opticals do not have red LEDs on the bottom visible to people's eyes. 

There are still tracking issues on optical sensors and this is where most are being improved. Most laser mice work on nearly every surface.

So what do you suggest? I was planning to get Roccat's Tyon mouse, which has

E2kmwcQ.png

Apparently, it has fps and megapixels... idk?

Does this seem good, or better search/wait for an optical replacement?

Basic guide to CPU's!

So what do you suggest? I was planning to get Roccat's Tyon mouse, which has

Apparently, it has fps and megapixels... idk?

Does this seem good, or better search/wait for an optical replacement?

That mouse is quite the victim with marketing (all those megaxpixels and DPIs!)

It's weird that they don't make an optical version of that. A Logitech G602 is wireless but should suit if you like having lots of buttons.

That mouse is quite the victim with marketing (all those megaxpixels and DPIs!)

It's weird that they don't make an optical version of that. A Logitech G602 is wireless but should suit if you like having lots of buttons.

The more buttons, the better. I'm an all round gamer. I love RTS', but feel pleasure in shooting some targets in Sniper Elite or Counter Strike from time to time. What do you think is a good all round mouse?

Basic guide to CPU's!

The more buttons, the better. I'm an all round gamer. I love RTS', but feel pleasure in shooting some targets in Sniper Elite or Counter Strike from time to time. What do you think is a good all round mouse?

Well the G602 I suggested above is good. It can be hard to find decent optical mice with lots of buttons as those are usually reserved to MMO mice which are commonly high-DPI laser mice where precision is never needed. I'd hate to recommend the Logitech G700s if sensor precision is important to ya but it has the same-ish button layout as the Roccat from before. Basically a better made Tyon. A Logitech G502... how did that slip my mind...?

Check out the G502 and also the G602.

Well the G602 I suggested above is good. It can be hard to find decent optical mice with lots of buttons as those are usually reserved to MMO mice which are commonly high-DPI laser mice where precision is never needed. I'd hate to recommend the Logitech G700s if sensor precision is important to ya but it has the same-ish button layout as the Roccat from before. Basically a better made Tyon. A Logitech G502... how did that slip my mind...?

Check out the G502 and also the G602.

I would go with the G502, but it won't go well with my build (red build, I'm an aesthetic freak :P)

And I can't stand wireless, sadly enough :/

Basic guide to CPU's!

I would go with the G502, but it won't go well with my build (red build, I'm an aesthetic freak :P)

And I can't stand wireless, sadly enough :/

Red and black is really hard to match with mice. I can think of two off the top of my head, ASUS ROG Gladius or Corsair M45.

Red and black is really hard to match with mice. I can think of two off the top of my head, ASUS ROG Gladius or Corsair M45.

Or just black, with leds (That's why Roccat :P)

Basic guide to CPU's!

Or just black, with leds (That's why Roccat :P)

I'd check out those two mice there, see if either look decent. There aren't too many options for that color scheme and none that I can think of with lots of buttons.