A Guide to Buying the Right Mouse

I use fingertip grip but my palm is touching the mouse a little. You can't just drag the mouse with your fingertips, that's stupid.

I have small hands. Smaller than average. Idk if this will affect my experience with the g502

What is a gaming mouse without macros?

Laser/optical: no preference, whatever comes up I'll take

Umm grab a G303 or maybe the new Xornet v2 since those are actually fingertip grip mice.

Umm grab a G303 or maybe the new Xornet v2 since those are actually fingertip grip mice.

I updated my mouse specs post.

Dosent g502 demolish g303

Look at the comparison on the website. G303 shouldn't exist. It has way more features and it's cheaper. G303 just has RGB that it beats it in in mouse features

Dosent g502 demolish g303

Look at the comparison on the website. G303 shouldn't exist. It has way more features and it's cheaper. G303 just has RGB that it beats it in in mouse features

No, they have the same sensor. It's a G302 with G502's sensor, better mouse feet and RGB LEDs.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The xornet v2 is a claw grip...oh wait, u said there actually fingertip? WAT? How

No, they have the same sensor. It's a G302 with G502's sensor, better mouse feet and RGB LEDs.

Unlimited scroll wheel O_O

Hardware Canucks said its in his top best mouse 2015

Unlimited scroll wheel O_O

Hardware Canucks said its in his top best mouse 2015

Yeah, the scroll wheel is like it's best feature. Other than that, the G502 is a pretty overrated mouse.

If you are looking for something cheaper and suited for fingertip grip, check out the Evga Torq X5. It has buttons on both sides if you don't mind that.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The weights are a addon and are necessary. It affects the weight of the mouse which affects u dragging it across the surface and picking it up when on the edge or too far away etc

The thing is, heavier mice are harder to lift. If you have to lift your mouse a lot, that's bad. When I got a SideWinder X8 (wireless gaming mouse), one of the first things I did was test whether it could be used in wired mode with the batteries removed, because 2 AA batteries weigh a lot. A lot of mice come with weight systems that are bad. The weights might not be distributed evenly. They might not be granular enough. They might not be secured well enough, causing audible and physical rattling inside the mouse when lifting. The weight systems adds extra points of failure.

A friend of mine had a Logitech G5 and one of the first things I did when I used his PC while visiting was removed all of the weights. He later called me and said the mouse felt so much better without all the weight inside.

I have never met a person who increased the weight on their mouse. I have seen people go to extreme lengths to make their mice lighter via modding. I have also seen people say that smaller mice designed to be light (e.g. Razer Abyssus) were too light for them.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Yeah, the scroll wheel is like it's best feature. Other than that, the G502 is a pretty overrated mouse.

If you are looking for something cheaper and suited for fingertip grip, check out the Evga Torq X5. It has buttons on both sides if you don't mind that.

Vega torq x5 only $150

Seems legit

Unlimited scroll wheel is another feature I really don't like personally.

Also the issue with judging sensor "accuracy" is what to do with odd behaving sensors like PTEs. PTE sensors are in theory and practice the most "accurate" sensors available (from either optical or lazer types), but have a potentially fatal z-axis errant behavior.

So sure, if you don't lift the mouse up ever (I do count myself in that group), then yay!, but if you do then the mouse is basically worthless.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

So there was some stuff I was going to reply to in this thread but its been so long that I have forgotten. Anyone have any ideas?

So there was some stuff I was going to reply to in this thread but its been so long that I have forgotten. Anyone have any ideas?

Uhh

Critique my original post plz, could likely use it

I'm actually getting rid of this thread from my signature when the LTT theme rolls around as the new signature system is drastically different. Not sure if I'm supposed to talk about it outside of the beta though so I'll leave it at that.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Uhh

Critique my original post plz, could likely use it

I'm actually getting rid of this thread from my signature when the LTT theme rolls around as the new signature system is drastically different. Not sure if I'm supposed to talk about it outside of the beta though so I'll leave it at that.

I havnt bothered yet. I like my sig though...