geforce 660 or 670

Spirithunter

i am currently using an AMD HD 7770 and i am thinking of upgrading to either an geforce 660 or 670, however i do not know which one to get. is the performance of the 670 significantly better and if yes is it worth that extra money? i am trying to get a card that will be worth the money in the long-run.

thank you

660ti (not 660) is the best value for money card available in the NVIdia camp. if you want some significant longevity then you're probably best going with the 670, but it is generally better to keep upgrading. that said, the price difference between the 660ti and the 670 is only about £60-£70, ($100-$120 ??) and in the long run, that's not a big difference for the extra juice. 660Ti is pretty close to the 670 though, especially if you overclock.

I was thinking the same when I decided to choose between either of these cards, I chose to get the 670, this card will last for a long time, and it will though.

Just as YowZman suggested go for the 660ti, that would be my choise... The 660ti is based on the same core (GK104) as the 670 and 680... the 660 non ti is based on an other core (GK106? I believe) and is not as good as the ti... The 660ti is in the sweetspot for price/performance... Its a good overclocker and with the money you save go get an SSD or save it up for something else in the pc :D

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Agreed, 660ti.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

thanks a lot. i will buy the geforce 660 ti then :)