GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX970 G1 GAMING/vs/EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 FTW

What I'm looking foor is performance in all categories, all kind of games, So for all of that the gtx 970 G1 oc is my best option?

Pretty much, yeah. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thank you so much mate <3 In my local store they don't have the FTW on stock, anyway Im going for the g1 Thank you all guys!

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Pretty much, yeah. :)

Thank you so much mate <3 In my local store they don't have the FTW on stock, anyway Im going for the g1 Thank you all guys!

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

So for you the FTW is just little bit faster and the Gtx G1 is better in quality?

Yep! But don't forget that you could overclock the Gigabyte one to the speed of the EVGA one and have the best of both worlds. ;)

WOW! Okay, so it seems worse then I thought. I don't know why EVGA decided to reduce the build quality of their cards, but it is a shame they have. All of their GTX series cards right up until these newer GTX 900 series cards have had great build quality from what I've read and it's quite disappointing that they chose to cheap out on the build quality of their cars this time around. I know EVGA have excellent customer service, but unfortunately they decided not to have excellent build quality of they GPUs this time. Because of this fact I would strongly encourage people to look to the Gigabyte, MSI or ASUS GTX 900 series cards for much better build quality. I know that the EVGA cards are probably fine performance-wise, but I think build quality plays a big roll too in graphics cards to be honest.

I can't help but sense that you have a bit of buyers remorse about buying your EVGA GTX 900 series card, would I be correct in thinking that?

I don't regret the card, I like the performance. I just wish I would have gotten something with more looks like the Asus or Windforce. I will probably keep this card for a good while or until the next flagship card is released. I do have a bit of buyers remorse I guess, but I'm not disappointed with my purchase.

So for you the FTW is just little bit faster and the Gtx G1 is better in quality?

I'm too lazy to look up clock speeds right now, but honestly the difference is small. It wouldn't be big enough for me to buy the EVGA just because of the higher clock speeds, they will all perform pretty similar. I can't speak of the G1 build quality because I've never held one. The EVGA quality isn't bad, I'm just not sure how it is compared to other cards. The thought did cross my mind though I wish it was more sturdy. But honestly you aren't gonna need a rock solid card anyways, the build quality is fine it's not like it's falling apart, it's just not something you're gonna wanna be sqeezing with all your strength is what I'm sayin..

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

No worries, glad to help! :)

Great! You won't regret it. ;)

Both cards are blue-themed but G1's led can be changed with Red or Green if you wish to do so.

really?  where did you find that?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Just a las question guys. Why is not the resolution performance on here?  :( http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2499&gid2=2477&compare=geforce-gtx-970-gigabyte-g1-gaming-4gb-edition-sli-vs-geforce-gtx-970-evga-ftw-acx-2-0-4gb-edition. Have you play in all the resolutions with the G1?

And the last one xD How I can overclock for example the G1? I'm to fool... Just switching from mac to windows, I should do that years ago....

I don't regret the card, I like the performance. I just wish I would have gotten something with more looks like the Asus or Windforce. I will probably keep this card for a good while or until the next flagship card is released. I do have a bit of buyers remorse I guess, but I'm not disappointed with my purchase.

Hmm...well I'm glad to hear it, but I wouldn't want ANY buyers remorse personally. That's why I'll be going with the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 for my planned build. :)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1516121/gtx-970-comparison-strix-vs-msi-gaming-vs-gigabyte-g1

Here is an indepth comparisons between the best versions(evga should be avoided this time round, they are inferior temps/noise wise, and dropped the ball badly at launch with their design) worth mentioning.

Serioulsy this should be stickied or we should make our own comparison thread for 970s as this is thee most asked question in the gpu section every single day about 10 thread asking the exact same question that has been answered so many times, usually I would make a write up but now I just link this.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1516121/gtx-970-comparison-strix-vs-msi-gaming-vs-gigabyte-g1

Here is an indepth comparisons between the best versions(evga should be avoided this time round, they are inferior temps/noise wise, and dropped the ball badly at launch with their design) worth mentioning.

Serioulsy this should be stickied or we should make our own comparison thread for 970s as this is thee most asked question in the gpu section every single day about 10 thread asking the exact same question that has been answered so many times, usually I would make a write up but now I just link this.

Thank you so much! Ikr this question is on every forum and in this one specially to many times hahahaha

Just a las question guys. Why is not the resolution performance on here?  :( http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2499&gid2=2477&compare=geforce-gtx-970-gigabyte-g1-gaming-4gb-edition-sli-vs-geforce-gtx-970-evga-ftw-acx-2-0-4gb-edition. Have you play in all the resolutions with the G1?

That's not the best site for comparing GPUs TBH. Your best bet would be to look at benchmarks done by AnandTech, they always have great GPU benchmarks. Just search Google for AnandTech and you should find it. :)

How reliable is that site?

Look at the information there, much more so than this site or any of you have given him so far.

Look at the information there, much more so than this site or any of you have given him so far.

What, so you're saying that a website is trustworthy just because it has a lot information? :huh:

You also shouldn't be trying to have a go at any of us who have helped him much more than you have so far. Not nice!

I find that the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming is brilliant if your an overclocker. It has really good cooling (vrm has a heatsink segment) and is very straightforward when it comes to choosing the overclock settings. The down side I find with it though is how damn long the card is compared to MSI and ASUS's version, it barely fits in a Thermaltake Commander MS-I.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

really?  where did you find that?

Find what? If you're talking about the led;

http://www.overclock.net/t/1519475/gigabyte-gtx-970-led-swap

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

I find that the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming is brilliant if your an overclocker. It has really good cooling (vrm has a heatsink segment) and is very straightforward when it comes to choosing the overclock settings. The down side I find with it though is how damn long the card is compared to MSI and ASUS's version, it barely fits in a Thermaltake Commander MS-I.

I see you have the Gtx G1 gaming oc windforce, So how is it? The gaming performance, cooler, design, and how is it in general efficiency? 

I see you have the Gtx G1 gaming oc windforce, So how is it? The gaming performance, cooler, design, and how is it in general efficiency? 

Its relatively quiet (case fans are louder) with the only cooler that cools the VRM actively, and games I always hit over 60fps at 1080p with the highest settings and with or without an OC. As for design I don't have much to go on as the only true dedicated graphics card I had previosly was Gigabyte's gtx 650ti, but I never really pay too much attention to asthetics. As for efficiency, I don't go that in depth into my computer's parts, it either works better than what I had previously or it doesn't. But I was able to run it under full load off the 500W psu my 650ti was running off, so if your also thinking about ati cards for now their equivalent to the nvidia 900 series requires a better psu though that might change with the 300 series cards next year.

PMSL

Its relatively quiet (case fans are louder) with the only cooler that cools the VRM actively, and games I always hit over 60fps at 1080p with the highest settings and with or without an OC. As for design I don't have much to go on as the only true dedicated graphics card I had previosly was Gigabyte's gtx 650ti, but I never really pay too much attention to asthetics. As for efficiency, I don't go that in depth into my computer's parts, it either works better than what I had previously or it doesn't. But I was able to run it under full load off the 500W psu my 650ti was running off, so if your also thinking about ati cards for now their equivalent to the nvidia 900 series requires a better psu though that might change with the 300 series cards next year.

I see. I ordered a few hours ago, (before read this) And I hope that works very well with me, how do you overclock it? Can you explain me how and what do you need?

I see. I ordered a few hours ago, (before read this) And I hope that works very well with me, how do you overclock it? Can you explain me how and what do you need?

1. You need to go to Gigabyte's website and download OC Guru 2 (http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/utility.aspx?cg=3), or download MSI afterburner (not as good if your learning to overclock).
  2. Use these settings for the overclock (or 140Mhz GPU to be safe, memory can go to 500MHz but its not quite as important for increasing speed):

post-155575-0-18125500-1418961994.png

Note: you need to do loads of clicking to overclock with OC Guru

PMSL

1. You need to go to Gigabyte's website and download OC Guru 2 (http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/utility.aspx?cg=3), or download MSI afterburner (not as good if your learning to overclock).
  2. Use these settings for the overclock (or 140Mhz GPU to be safe, memory can go to 500MHz but its not quite as important for increasing speed):

attachicon.gif970 oc.PNG

Note: you need to do loads of clicking to overclock with OC Guru

When I got it I will trie this, Thank you very much!

When I got it I will trie this, Thank you very much!

No problem, good luck with the OC,

PMSL

No problem, good luck with the OC,

Another question.

Do I need a "k" processor for overclock?