White Heaven ~ Enderman's S340 mod/build log ~

Enderman

WHAT! NO CUSTOM WATERCOOLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the build still looks awesome, nice build  :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:

I dont have money for it.

I also dont see it as very practical for me, i prefer a sealed loop.

It leaves more space inside the small case, and its less likely to leak when moving around.

I'm planning to mod a fractal design kelvin S24 though, so it will be a custom AiO, sort of like a super compact custom loop :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Great build. I see the front panel you add dampedning material. Why not place it inbetween the plastic and metal cover. That would make it more dense.

Great build. I see the front panel you add dampedning material. Why not place it inbetween the plastic and metal cover. That would make it more dense.

sound dampening foam only reduces the noise of sound waves actually hitting it

if it was between the plastic and steel of the side panel it would not dampen anything since the sound waves dont hit it

i also dont know if its even possible to separate those two pieces without damaging or breaking the front panel...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I dont have money for it.

I also dont see it as very practical for me, i prefer a sealed loop.

It leaves more space inside the small case, and its less likely to leak when moving around.

I'm planning to mod a fractal design kelvin S24 though, so it will be a custom AiO, sort of like a super compact custom loop :)

you dont wanna go all crazy like me and putting 480mm of rads in my s340 :-)

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

you dont wanna go all crazy like me and putting 480mm of rads in my s340 :-)

how???

that wouldnt even fit inside the case...are you mounting it to the exterior?

Spoiler

The front panel is screwed together. I took mine apart, was hollow. Trying to figure out what I can use to make it more dense.

how???

that wouldnt even fit inside the case...are you mounting it to the exterior?

Last page of my build log link in sig shows it inside it..a 360mm in front..and will have 120mm in the rear for the 480mm total

I had to remove HDD bay and cut the shroud a little bit

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

Last page of my build log link in sig shows it inside it..a 360mm in front..and will have 120mm in the rear for the 480mm total

I had to remove HDD bay and cut the shroud a little bit

oh i thought you fit a single 480 in the front lol

Spoiler

May I ask where you got the Carbon Fiber Wrap? Was it hard to cover the top? Also i notice your top exhaust is covered lmao

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

May I ask where you got the Carbon Fiber Wrap? Was it hard to cover the top? Also i notice your top exhaust is covered lmao

I got it from amazon.ca http://www.amazon.ca/SimCarbon-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-WHITE/dp/B005GMUD90

It was really easy to apply. The only hard part is making sure that you cut in a straight line so that it looks factory :)

And yes I covered the top exhaust because it looks like crap and ruins the aesthetic of the case. It would also cause negative air pressure if I put a fan there.

I covered it with the carbon fibre on the outside and sound dampening foam on the inside, so its impossible to know there was a fan mount there :)

Spoiler

I got it from amazon.ca http://www.amazon.ca/SimCarbon-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-WHITE/dp/B005GMUD90

It was really easy to apply. The only hard part is making sure that you cut in a straight line so that it looks factory :)

And yes I covered the top exhaust because it looks like crap and ruins the aesthetic of the case. It would also cause negative air pressure if I put a fan there.

I covered it with the carbon fibre on the outside and sound dampening foam on the inside, so its impossible to know there was a fan mount there :)

Nice to know  ^_^ . I might get a 210 and wrap it. Though that is a challenge.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Nice to know  ^_^ . I might get a 210 and wrap it. Though that is a challenge.

it might be possible to have one of those car customization shops professionally wrap it for you...but that would cost some money 

Spoiler

it might be possible to have one of those car customization shops professionally wrap it for you...but that would cost some money 

It might be harder for the windowed version lol. Might get a h440 instead. Maybe a white enthoo, but i would have to sacrifice getting a dell ips monitor and keep using my 740p monitor lol 

• 1 month later...

Awesome build man!

Thanks!

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

That is amazing. 

That is amazing. 

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

post-4438-0-73455000-1427514345_thumb.pn

UPDATE!

I modded my AX860i PSU and replaced the stock fan with one of my Noiseblocker eLoops.

You can see the full mod on this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/329001-custom-ax860i-fan-mod/

Here are the finished pictures:

pvm8Evl.jpg

IJHu6KW.jpg

It doesnt loook like a big difference, but this was the loudest part of my PC so far, so now it is completely silent and I can work on reducing noise from other components :)

I didn't paint the PSU white though because it can't be seen in the S340.

HqKxZrM.jpg

1L6XVE1.jpg

8w5nE91.jpg

gzS4Ylp.jpg

New mods coming soon including a Custom AiO liquid cooler and HEPA air filtration system!

Spoiler

unique what you did to the psu, nice job

Thank you :)

Spoiler

Thank you :)

you should also wrap the PSU in white carbon fiber imo!.. i wrapped mine with black carbon fiber and it looks AWESOME, to say the least... 

excellent build bro!.. 

btw, can you provide any links to those sata data cables?.. are they available only in white?.. i need some black and red cables, been searching for those for a while already!..

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

you should also wrap the PSU in white carbon fiber imo!.. i wrapped mine with black carbon fiber and it looks AWESOME, to say the least... 

excellent build bro!.. 

btw, can you provide any links to those sata data cables?.. are they available only in white?.. i need some black and red cables, been searching for those for a while already!..

Thanks!

I didnt do anything to the PSU like painting or wrapping because it cant be seen, the S340 has a PSU shroud that covers everything down there.

If it was visible I would have painted it white...

The bitfenix sleeved sata cables I bought from Memory Express but I think amazon has them too.

Spoiler

post-4438-0-25974600-1427514372_thumb.pn

UPDATE!

For dust reduction purposes, I attached a HEPA air purifier to the air intake on my S340 case.

I bought this BlueAir air purifier because there was a lot of dust in my room, especially since I have a carpeted floor and a cat.

It was over $300 but breathing in dust 24/7 can cause health issues in the future, so I decided it would be a good investment.

blueair_203_air_purifier.jpg

The air filters on the S340 is just like any other case fan filter, just a thin mesh meant to keep out large dust particles, but not smaller particles because that would restrict the airflow too much.

I realized I have the BlueAir filter on 24/7 just like my PC, because on the lowest setting is it very quiet and doesn't bother me at night.

So I decided to connect the air filter to my PC case, and have 99.97% HEPA air filtering! The filter has its own fan, so it doesn't restrict the airflow at all, in fact it helps because it pushes more air than the intake fans move.

DclsocF.jpg

N9DGBOm.jpg

s99FOSi.jpg

8nla5DW.jpg

TFAjN6u.jpg

v5gUCSu.jpg

ACib987.jpg

RkD7XBF.jpg

End result:

7eJ718W.jpg

99.97% Dust free!

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Spoiler

Currently working on a custom loop "AiO style" using a pump+block combo and no resevoir.

This means the only parts in the loop will be the CPU block+pump combo and the radiator.

I just have to buy some WC fluid from NCIX and I will be able to fill the loop this weekend and post pics :) It's going to look way better than the painted H100i I currently have in my case.

Spoiler

Update:

I just dropped my camera in the watercooling fluid while trying to film me filling the loop.

:C

Spoiler