OC crash 5 times in a row .....Why?

As few of you know i'm giving a Brain F.... to my Chip. I've tested it on prime95 AIEDA 64 Engineer it was stable on both on low voltage high clocks even 5ghz+ for hours .but  when i ran OCCT name stress test  its crashing all the the times even on 100mhz OC then reported turbo. i put my system on 4.5 ghz on 1.1512V it crashed then i put 1.200V it crashed agian then i downlocked it to 4.2ghz and 1.251V and it crashed again . 4.0ghz 1.250 volts it crashed again. then i tested it on AIEDA 64 agian 4.5ghz 1.8012V and its stable for 1 hour. OCCT is designed to crash system ? LOL coz all the times it crashed after 2-3 mints tops .

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Try testing prime95

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

..............am I reading this wrong or is it actually 1.8 volts

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

1.8 volts.

BZs5Jpq.jpg

Well there's your problem

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you're overclocking with consumer grade components (cooling specifically), I hope that CPU fries to teach you your lesson and do research before giving your CPU 1.8v. If you think giving your CPU 1.8v is a good idea, you shouldn't be overclocking.

agian 4.5ghz 1.8012V and its stable for 1 hour.

post-163060-0-52360900-1418705988.gif

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

It's a typo, no computer will even boot with 1.8 volts....

False, but whatever.

If you're overclocking with consumer grade components (cooling specifically), I hope that CPU fries to teach you your lesson and do research before giving your CPU 1.8v. If you think giving your CPU 1.8v is a good idea, you shouldn't be overclocking.

Well judging  by the fact he is changing  his cpu voltage and clock speed randomly.He doesn't know much about overclocking and prob def  should've done more research before doing so.

It's a typo, no computer will even boot with 1.8 volts....

unless its AMD, my 4130 has a stock voltage of 1.45. OCed its 1.6

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

He won the Silicon lottery, too...

It sounds like you're VRMs are throttling, run full stock and test.

[witty signature]

it could be he forgot to change a couple of things like changing the voltage from offset to manual, and turning off the turbo mode.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1.8012V ??? . I hope you made a typo.Thats way to high for any cpu. What cpu/mobo do you have?

..............am I reading this wrong or is it actually 1.8 volts

1.8 volts.

BZs5Jpq.jpg

Well there's your problem

False, but whatever.

Well judging  by the fact he is changing  his cpu voltage and clock speed randomly.He doesn't know much about overclocking and prob def  should've done more research before doing so.

Holy mother of god .....i'm sorry.....its 1.1802. and its stable on prime and AIEDA64 for hours . but Crashed every time after 2-3 mints

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

False, but whatever.

The heck you guys talkin bout.... A 1.8 voltage will result in a over volt, my fx 8350 goes till 1.6 and my dads 5960x goes till 1.58.. Anymore says American mega trends overvolt error press f1 to enter the bios..

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

He won the Silicon lottery, too...

It sounds like you're VRMs are throttling, run full stock and test.

you mean turbo boost off only 3.5 ghz and test on OCCT on Auto voltage ? ok if my VRAM is throttling ...is it a fault on Motherbord ?

The heck you guys talkin bout.... A 1.8 voltage will result in a over volt, my fx 8350 goes till 1.6 and my dads 5960x goes till 1.58.. Anymore says American mega trends overvolt error press f1 to enter the bios..

hahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahah.....guys even i'm a noob even then i'll ask is it 1.18-1.48 V you mean before doing ho haaa ho  hala bala .....What the .....hello experts ..... 1.8v it will crash beyond repairs .....

hahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahah.....guys even i'm a noob even then i'll ask is it 1.18-1.48 V you mean before doing ho haaa ho  hala bala .....What the .....hello experts ..... 1.8v it will crash beyond repairs .....

I never said I tested 1.8 I tested 1.65 and it gave me overvolt error. Those other think 1.8 is acceptable. I don't know but seeing the poet count, I am willing to fix my knowledge!

I never said I tested 1.8 I tested 1.65 and it gave me overvolt error. Those other think 1.8 is acceptable. I don't know but seeing the poet count, I am willing to fix my knowledge!

i've laughed at " Anymore says American mega trends overvolt error press f1 to enter the bios.." not your voltage bro. but 1.8V for a intel CPU is like a free fall jump 10 miles above sea level without a parachute :P

Do you have AI Suite 3? There's a function in it that overclocks for you, do that and then start tweaking

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

i've laughed at " Anymore says American mega trends overvolt error press f1 to enter the bios.." not your voltage bro. but 1.8V for a intel CPU is like a free fall jump 10 miles above sea level without a parachute :P

That is the voltage, every chips have a max, the sabertooth you don't need to,clear CMOS and crap.

Do you have AI Suite 3? There's a function in it that overclocks for you, do that and then start tweaking

i did that mate that gave me 4.76ghz at first then i lift up a little.

As few of you know i'm giving a Brain F.... to my Chip. I've tested it on prime95 AIEDA 64 Engineer it was stable on both on low voltage high clocks even 5ghz+ for hours .but  when i ran OCCT name stress test  its crashing all the the times even on 100mhz OC then reported turbo. i put my system on 4.5 ghz on 1.1512V it crashed then i put 1.200V it crashed agian then i downlocked it to 4.2ghz and 1.251V and it crashed again . 4.0ghz 1.250 volts it crashed again. then i tested it on AIEDA 64 agian 4.5ghz 1.8012V and its stable for 1 hour. OCCT is designed to crash system ? LOL coz all the times it crashed after 2-3 mints tops .

This could be because OCCT generates mega heat and maybe your cooling solution is not as effective but then again OCCT has always been buggy for me too on Ivy Bridge so i don't use it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

what happens if you use 4.5/1.35v on VCore and remove the adaptive voltage mode?

(do not use AVX on OCCT)

1.35V for 4.5Ghz is overvoltage for my chip i don't know about yours . mine is stabe on 1.210v on 4.51ghz . overvoltage will cause over heat so try to stablize under 1.250V on 4.5ghz