Elric of ToT has lost his 2nd foot :(

Sumsar

he is from tech of tomorrow right??

hope he beats diabetes, and keeps on fighting even without any feet

wait, how do you lose a foot to diabetes??

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

How come he needs money if its already gone? I would understand if he could pay for an operation to save it or something.

It doesnt happen overnight. He would have had lots of time to correct his ways.

At this moment in time there is no beating diabetes. Once you have it, you have it for life until they create a cure. You just live day by day either taking insulin or in the case of some people with type 2 you can take pills. As for losing the foot basically if your blood sugar levels run high and you dont take care of it diabetes can result in amputations of toes, feet, legs, ect.

At this moment in time there is no beating diabetes. Once you have it, you have it for life until they create a cure. You just live day by day either taking insulin or in the case of some people with type 2 you can take pills. As for losing the foot basically if your blood sugar levels run high and you dont take care of it diabetes can result in amputations of toes, feet, legs, ect.

Or death... my grandmother died from diabetes. 

How come he needs money if its already gone? I would understand if he could pay for an operation to save it or something.

It doesnt happen overnight. He would have had lots of time to correct his ways.

As the Indiegogo article itself states, it's to help support the payment of his medical bills.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

As the Indiegogo article itself states, it's to help support the payment of his medical bills.

It isnt made by Elric, and it says that Elric doesnt even know about it. So how can it be for bills? It just seems to be somebody cashing in on someone losing a foot and having poor financial planning skills. What sort of responsible adult cant afford £5k?

Mmm, I apologize for my ignorance here, but what does diabetes has to do with losing a foot? I don't see the relation of it. I thought diabetes had to do with insuline , and sugar. Why would he need to lose a foot? (or both in this case).

geez that is horrible, didn't know about his diabetis. I wish him the only the best.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Mmm, I apologize for my ignorance here, but what does diabetes has to do with losing a foot? I don't see the relation of it. I thought diabetes had to do with insuline , and sugar. Why would he need to lose a foot? (or both in this case).

Diabetes damages the nerves in your lower legs and feet. It makes it hard to sense pain and pressure.

Sores/ulcers will form and heal much more slowly compared to a healthy person.

It can all be prevented by doing regular exercise and managing your diet properly. There are warning signs before it gets bad. Elric has clearly ignored the warning signs and not taken care of himself.

It isnt made by Elric, and it says that Elric doesnt even know about it. So how can it be for bills? It just seems to be somebody cashing in on someone losing a foot and having poor financial planning skills. What sort of responsible adult cant afford £5k?

I know it's not made by Elric, this is made clear as well.

And how do we know it's not just somebody cashing in on someone losing a foot and having poor financial planning skills? It's Jonathan Morrison. If the name doesn't ring a bell, he's another tech YouTuber who goes under the name TLDToday. He's legit, and it would be pretty difficult for him to just steal money from people. And I guess it's just a kind gesture, I'm sure Elric can afford the surgery in the first place considering all of the tech and music equipment he has.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Sadly i too think that someone is trying to make a profit from his misfortune.

I do hope not though!

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

just wow..

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

just wow..

Sadly i too think that someone is trying to make a profit from his misfortune.

I do hope not though!

It wouldnt be the first time a indiegogo or kickstarter has been used to scam people out of money. And $5K USD is such a small ammount to go through all this effort for.

The Story

Elric, who is a close friend of mine has been battling diabetes for the past few years. He originally lost a foot a couple years back and has struggled to deal with that both mentally and physically. Unfortunately, Elric wounded up back in the hospital and needed amputation of his other foot and just got out of surgery.

Elric doesn't know I'm doing this but I just wanted to give him a little help with medical bills (which we all know can be absurd) and give him the peace of mind to try and recover and not worry about making videos, since he needs to stay in bed for 8 weeks.

If you aren't in a financial place to support then please don't, Elric would not want that but if you can, whether it's $1, $5 or more, anything would help him out.

Organiser - Jonathan Morrison

nlprk1f5okcnolska0zk.png

This is really sad  :(

Donate here

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Not only is it a repost (and a late one at that), you're a few weeks late.

Sorry to tell you this :C

Then atleast link me the original instead of commenting OMG REPOST.

He is the guy from Tech of tomorrow right?
I feel very sorry for him, people are mad at him on his videos for having diabetes. People just dont understand do they. :(

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Not only is it a repost (and a late one at that), you're a few weeks late.

Sorry to tell you this :C

Then atleast link me the original instead of commenting OMG REPOST.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/270299-help-support-elric-from-techoftomorrow-on-indiegogo/

RIP in pepperonis m8s