Games for offline LAN party

My friends and me are organizing a LAN party every few months,it's usually 14-16 of us in a cottage in the mountains with no internet and fancy perks of modern living (like food delivery and mobile signal). Basically 3-4 days of gaming, barbecue and beer. The best sausage party in the world.:D This is a 15 year ongoing tradition, but due to tendencies of the gaming industries not to provide support for offline LAN we are kind  stuck on older games.So what are the games you play on LAN parties? We are talking about games that have true offline LAN game mods. Any suggestions? How do your LAN parties look like?Share your experiences. Cheers!

These are the games we play nowadays:

COD 4

COD 5

Blur

Flatout 2

Quake Wars

SW: Battlefront

Battlefield 2

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

Wow that sounds like an epically awesome idea dude, I really wish I could come :D

Well I mean there are still a lot of older titles that you can probably play. My advice is to check out

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=4&sort=lan&direction=ASC

Enjoy!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

we do a lot of the valve games due to most my friends not wanting to bring their desktops so we use laptops. killing floor is anothr and clasic bliz titles sc/wc2/wc3/d2 

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

I forgot to mention Team fortress 2. I recently read a post that there is mod made by teknogods for COD:MW3 to make it work in offline LAN ? Anyone tried this?

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

Warcraft 3. A Classic.

Or CS 1.6.

You could also set up a local Minecraft server and play Hardcore Survival.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

WOW. beer, barbecue and gaming with several mates. that sounds like a perfect holiday for me. for games, try something from valve a lot of their games have Lan support. have fun.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

age of empires 2 is a great one! we always used to play it in college! (that sounded much cooler in my head...)

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Look into trying out Arma 2. For a group of your size, it could be the perfect fit for team work co-op missions, or simple CQB firefights.

Once you get the hang of the mission editor (literally limitless possibilities) you can create your own missions specif to whatever your group of friends enjoys playing.

Or download any of the thousands of community made missions and jump in to try and complete them.

Arma is a military sim style game, which heavily relies on realism over arcade, and teamwork. You won't make it too far as a one man army.

Arma 3 recently came out, it's still in alpha (beta in a couple weeks with a price increase) I'd highly recommend getting it as well, but for content arma 2 is currently king.

There are also mods such as All In Arma, which allows you to merge content from all the previous arma games into the arma 3 engine for the ultimate experience.

If you want to go down that road, I'd suggest picking up Arma Anniversary, it includes entire arma 1 and arma 2 with dlc/expansions. It is however missing one dlc from arma 2. You may also want to pick up Take On Helicopters and dlc as you can merge that into arma 3 as well. Here's a trailer for AiA

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Torchlight 2

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

I want to be your friend.

Why wouldn't you? :)

Look into trying out Arma 2. For a group of your size, it could be the perfect fit for team work co-op missions, or simple CQB firefights.

Once you get the hang of the mission editor (literally limitless possibilities) you can create your own missions specif to whatever your group of friends enjoys playing.

Or download any of the thousands of community made missions and jump in to try and complete them.

Arma is a military sim style game, which heavily relies on realism over arcade, and teamwork. You won't make it too far as a one man army.

Arma 3 recently came out, it's still in alpha (beta in a couple weeks with a price increase) I'd highly recommend getting it as well, but for content arma 2 is currently king.

There are also mods such as All In Arma, which allows you to merge content from all the previous arma games into the arma 3 engine for the ultimate experience.

If you want to go down that road, I'd suggest picking up Arma Anniversary, it includes entire arma 1 and arma 2 with dlc/expansions. It is however missing one dlc from arma 2. You may also want to pick up Take On Helicopters and dlc as you can merge that into arma 3 as well. Here's a trailer for AiA

cool, bro. I'm gonna suggest that to the crew. This looks like a good game for the sober parts of the LAN party.When beer starts to kick in, mindless killing spree as the one in COD titles is the best !

Team Fortress 2

Far Cry 1/2

Unreal Tournament

Left 4 Dead

Half Life 2 Deathmatch

Crysis Wars

Counterstrike Source

Battlefield 1942

Track Mania

Warcraft 3

Split Second Velocity

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Those are some of the games that my mates and I have played over the years at our offline LANS

Coolermaster HAF 932 | Intel i7 4770k  | Corsair H100i | 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance | PowerColor 7970 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair HX650 | Dell U2713HM , U2312HM

Samsung 840 Pro 128gb|  9tb Storage |  CMStorm Quickfire rapid (Cherry Blue) | SteelSeries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Siberia | Logitech G51| Xonar DX| Sennheiser HD518|

~Duck Duck Goose!~

Team Fortress 2

Far Cry 1/2

Unreal Tournament

Left 4 Dead

Half Life 2 Deathmatch

Crysis Wars

Counterstrike Source

Battlefield 1942

Track Mania

Warcraft 3

Split Second Velocity

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Those are some of the games that my mates and I have played over the years at our offline LANS

we did play a lot of trackmania and Unreal Tournament(back in the days), we still play Team Fortress 2, we should definitely try some Crysis Wars this should be similar to Quake Wars.

My friends and me usually play a lot of COD4 and we mod it quite a bit when we are bored, with some being below-

1) Kill the King

2) Promod

3) Mario

4) Jets

5) Zombies

A couple of my friends also make maps, so once a month or something we have a new map to play with :)

Another cool thing we do which does not require mods is that we set the gravity way low and give ourselves unlimited ammo on I believe the map shipment. It gets pretty crazy! :lol:

PC in Profile

No LAN party is complete without Age of Empires 2. But there are more games though. If you like RTS games heres a list:

• Total Annihilation
  • KKND 2 Krossfire
  • Red Alert 2 (if you can get it working, always a pain in the ass)
  • Settlers 4 (or any other)
  • Supreme Commander FA
  • Knights and Merchants TPR (get the remake update, makes it more fun. Takes a while to learn so might not be very good for a lan but worth a try)

You could also try Killing Floor or do a speedrun competition. On my last lan party we did a speedrun competition of Black Mesa, was pretty cool. Dont forget Borderlands, you need to play a lot though because it becomes more fun at the higher levels. Diablo 2 and GTA4 are always an option as well.

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz EK watercooled || SLI GTX680 EK watercooled || MSI Z77A-GD65 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP || Crusial M4 128GB SSD || 1TB WD Green || Silverstone TJ07 || Corsair AX750 || Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM || Beyerdynamic DT 990 250Ω || Asus Xonar Essence STX || Logitech Z906 || QPad Mk80 || SteelSeries Sensei || 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator

My friends and me usually play a lot of COD4 and we mod it quite a bit when we are bored, with some being below-

1) Kill the King

2) Promod

3) Mario

4) Jets

5) Zombies

A couple of my friends also make maps, so once a month or something we have a new map to play with :)

Another cool thing we do which does not require mods is that we set the gravity way low and give ourselves unlimited ammo on I believe the map shipment. It gets pretty crazy! :lol:

You should really share some of those maps, maybe we could try them on our next LAN, also links for the mods would be awesome. We did play a lot of FreeStag mod, it's awesome (you don't kill people just freeze them and players (from their team )can unfreeze them, if you freeze everyone the other team looses. It's pretty dynamic. 

Btw. it's good to see that a lot of people still like "oldschool" LAN parties.

No LAN party is complete without Age of Empires 2. But there are more games though. If you like RTS games heres a list:

• Total Annihilation
  • KKND 2 Krossfire
  • Red Alert 2 (if you can get it working, always a pain in the ass)
  • Settlers 4 (or any other)
  • Supreme Commander FA
  • Knights and Merchants TPR (get the remake update, makes it more fun. Takes a while to learn so might not be very good for a lan but worth a try)

You could also try Killing Floor or do a speedrun competition. On my last lan party we did a speedrun competition of Black Mesa, was pretty cool. Dont forget Borderlands, you need to play a lot though because it becomes more fun at the higher levels. Diablo 2 and GTA4 are always an option as well.

Cool. We do play a ton of Borderlands 2 (did also Borderlands ), but it isn't exactly playable on a large LAN party (only 4 player co-op) but we do these,how we like to call them "mini LAN parties" -so we did kicked some serious ass all over Pandora (currently we are all at 50+lvl-and finished all the DLC's and we were talking the other day that its time to kill some raid bosses-oh yeah! )

My friends gave me the mods on a pendrive so I don't exactly know from where they got it :P I could email them to you though, you will need to put them in the mods and maps folders respectively. :)

PC in Profile

Dawn of War

Age of Empires 1, 2, 3

Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2

Jedi Knight 2

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

My friends gave me the mods on a pendrive so I don't exactly know from where they got it :P I could email them to you though, you will need to put them in the mods and maps folders respectively. :)

Shure thing, check my profile for my contact, also feel free to PM me with info.Tnx bro!

Sorry for the really delayed response :( The games are mods are a total of 300MB+ which given my network connection will take a few days to upload. You can however try searching for them :)

PC in Profile

Yep GTA IV has a LAN mode as said on the last page. I don't know how player names work though if you're offline. Unreal Tournament 2004 is a classic.

Quake 1, 2 and 3. UTGOTY, UT2k4 and umm... Shogo? :P

Sorry for the really delayed response :( The games are mods are a total of 300MB+ which given my network connection will take a few days to upload. You can however try searching for them :)

will do thanks for the effort, I'll try searching on line.