CS:GO Auto FPS cap

geXa

So CS:GO automatically caps FPS at 300 and you can go into settings and change it to whatever you want but when you restart the game it puts it back to 300, Does anyone know how to stop this?

CPU:i7 4770k, Motherboard:ASUS Z79-AR, RAM:8GB HyperX Beast, GPU:EVGA GTX 970 4GB, Case:Corsair 600T, Storage:1TB Seagate Barracuda, 120GB Sandisk SSD, 256GB Sandisk SSD, PSU:Corsair TX650M, Display(s):Asus VE247H, Asus VE247N, Cooling:Corsair H60 with NF-F12, Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow, Mouse:Razer DeathAdder, Sound:Astro A40

Make autoexec.cfg and add (fps_max "0") plus other commands you use, like cl_righthand 0 or your crosshair if you really want to.

http://www.hattongames.com/2012/06/how-to-create-an-autoexec-file-for-csgo/

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

So CS:GO automatically caps FPS at 300 and you can go into settings and change it to whatever you want but when you restart the game it puts it back to 300, Does anyone know how to stop this?

why would you want it to go so high any ways its not like theres a monitor with a 300+hz refresh rate

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

It's probably not a good idea to do that. If your GPU works super hard on games it doesn't need to it can cause coil whine.

why would you want it to go so high any ways its not like theres a monitor with a 300+hz refresh rate

CRT buddy

Here's my launch option.

-novid -noborder -high -threads 4 -freq 145 -refresh 145 -tickrate 128 -nojoy -nod3d9ex -noaafonts +exec autoexec.cfg +mat_vignette_enable 0 -processheap

You can change the freq and refresh to whatever you want.

I Fixed it but why would I cap my FPS when I could get more?

CPU:i7 4770k, Motherboard:ASUS Z79-AR, RAM:8GB HyperX Beast, GPU:EVGA GTX 970 4GB, Case:Corsair 600T, Storage:1TB Seagate Barracuda, 120GB Sandisk SSD, 256GB Sandisk SSD, PSU:Corsair TX650M, Display(s):Asus VE247H, Asus VE247N, Cooling:Corsair H60 with NF-F12, Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow, Mouse:Razer DeathAdder, Sound:Astro A40