Whole Room Water Cooling Part 2

Sponsored by: Home Depot  :P

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

what are the fan's used on the rads?

Noctua Industrial PPC

Build & peripherals:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k & Noctua NH-D15  | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD | Video Card: ASUS GeForce Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Power Supply: Corsair CX600M V2 80+ Bronze | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitors: ASUS VG 248QE & ASUS VS229HR | Headset: Hyper X Cloud II

Even if the fans are Industrial PPC. It would still be better off if it was protected by the elements. Maybe a metal ventilated cover similar to those air conditioning units will do?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Sweet jesus my eyeballs are ready for this!

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Some people put 2 loops in their system because they think it will help

Linus is not most people.

HTID

This is the coolest project I've seen in a while.

But I got some questions, mainly to do with the outside portion of the loop.

You're Canadian lol, we get the fun winters and the summers get hot enough to create changes, so for the outside part of the loop

how are you guys going to control the rapid freezing and heating during season changes. Also when you move to the new building how are you

going to handle the move for the loop? Will it be taken apart? Will it be moved to the new place?

This is one of those awesome new ideas where there is not much knowledge because it hasn't been done before, or at least not recent enough

or with as much documentation. Love to see the progress. :D 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Linus' pronunciation of "decal" threw me for a loop until I saw them and now I'm questioning what the correct pronunciation is.

Edit: Turns out it's pronounced differently in Canada.

That was driving me crazy... but you're right. 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decal

\ˈdē-ˌkal, di-ˈkal; Canada usually ˈde-kəl\

You could of gotten a large automotive radiator for much cheaper than all those 480s

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Linus came up with a bit of a crazy idea... 

Referring to yourself in 3rd person?

narcissistic much :P haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wonder what kind of benchmarks they are going to perform. I still haven't heard anything about a diagram of the layout. If the loop is super simple and goes from computer A to computer B, and so on, I can't imagine temperatures on the last computer are going to be anywhere near acceptable with computers under load. I WANT TO SEE A LAYOUT DIAGRAM!

+1 for the Automotive radiator and fans. It would be way cheaper (if not sponsored) and built for harsh environments.

+1 for the Automotive radiator and fans. It would be way cheaper (if not sponsored) and built for harsh environments.

Unfortunately I cannot link it since I am at work, but there is a video on youtube where someone has already attempted this. I cannot remember the reasoning but it did not work and if I recall, actually had worse results than a PC water cooling kit. It wasn't the most professional test but then again when you're attaching a car radiator to a computer, you're kind of "ghetto rigging" things regardless.

@LinusTech, please fix the OP for night mode. Thanks!

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

this is really cool project.

the only thing is; in pt.1 linus talks alittle bit about lack of efficiency when systems are underload. this could be easily address by adding in a water bong cooler in to the loop. water cooler bongs do a way better job of getting rid of the heat. he could probable ditch the rads all together. the only down side to a water bong cooler is you have to add water/coolant to it periodically.

its so much easier to drill a hole if you start out with a pilot hole with a 40 or 30(1/8) bit.

A few possible reasons for not using a car radiator:

- It was intended to run at a higher temperature, so maybe it will be less effective at transferring heat than the computer radiators.

- It was intended to run with an aluminium (probably?) engine block, so you may get a bad reaction somewhere when you use it with copper/nickel waterblocks and copper pipes.

- It was intended to run with a mix of water (for heat capacity), glycol (for freezing point depression) and anti-corrosion additives. Without the anti-corrosion additives, the car radiator may corrode. With the additives, a bad reaction with the waterblocks _may_ occur (I really don't know).

Better to use the safer, but more expensive, computer radiators rather than gambling 5 computers worth of waterblocks and pipes on an untried component.

Hopefully they make a Q/A video like they did for the mineral oil pc.

It's looking good! But it got me thinking, what will you do when winter comes? Add glycol?

It's Oculus time! B)

Why hasn't somewhere like Disney thought of this!? Or Google? Like those servers! You could water cool all of them and even heat a local housing estate with the water! The things you can do are endless (ok... there are a finite number but you get the basics right?)!

They do use the heat from super computers to do stuff.

Anyone know when the next one comes out? looked every day since I watched this one. lol

*_*_*_*_*_*_*Personal Rig*_*_*_*_*_*_*

CPU: Core i7 7700k @ 5.1 GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SSC ACX 3.0

MOBO: ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI/AC

RAM: 16 GB HyperX Fury

COOLER: NZXT Kraken X52

CASE: NZXT S340 Elite

STORAGE:  500GB NVME Samsung 960 Pro

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

4TB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM)

• 2 weeks later...

well isnt this whole room water cooling useless anayways since they will move to the new office?

The Whole Room Water Cooling project was filmed a while ago, they just didn't upload it until now. It was also an excuse to make an interesting series of videos so that more people will watch their videos. The members of the Linus Media Group think it's cool and Linus has already brought something to make the pipes shinier. Also, it will not be hard to implement the whole room water cooling into a new building as they have gained experience from doing it in their current building and they can reuse some of the parts from their current building in the new building.

Don't get me wrong - all of that is really cool but what I don't understand is why you guys are doing all of this when you plan on moving into another office. I mean that watercooling setup isn't exactly movable with the hard installed pipes and all. So the whole thing doesn't make that much sense to me at this point.

The Whole Room Water Cooling project was filmed a while ago, they just didn't upload it until now. It was also an excuse to make an interesting series of videos so that more people will watch their videos. The members of the Linus Media Group think it's cool and Linus has already brought something to make the pipes shinier. Also, it will not be hard to implement the whole room water cooling into a new building as they have gained experience from doing it in their current building and they can reuse some of the parts from their current building in the new building.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

:D

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.