Whole Room Water Cooling Part 2

Watching now! 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yes,

Heck! That picture is huge on my iPad, it's making this page quite small that I have to zoom in. :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Heck! That picture is huge on my iPad, it's making this page quite small that I have to zoom in. :o

It's all that retina

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Very cool project and it seems like it will work well, but I wonder if you would be a able to use one big car radiator to cool all those systems instead of multiple computer rads.

It's all that retina.

If only that were true. :mellow:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It feels like you guys are rushing this project, just what I think. In my opinion projects like this should have be given lots of time

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Part 3 NOW.I can't wait lol ^^

C++,Assembly,Reverse Engineering,Penetration testing,Malware analysis

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

Linus' pronunciation of "decal" threw me for a loop until I saw them and now I'm questioning what the correct pronunciation is.

Edit: Turns out it's pronounced differently in Canada.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

:DDDD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why to the GPU's in series. Wouldn't parallel have been much easier?

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Great video guys. Can't wait for part 3.
I had no idea the wall decals were that huge.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

funny-facepalm-pictures-i17.png

If you want to make the room cooler by taking the heat AWAY from the house, why would you guys use copper tubes INSIDE the room? you are not containing the heat by using copper tubing which dissipates heat even before it reaches the radiators.

You want a heat shielded tubing so all the heat is contained to make the room cooler in any meaningful way.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

well isnt this whole room water cooling useless anayways since they will move to the new office?

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

If you want to make the room cooler by taking the heat AWAY from the house, why would you guys use copper tubes INSIDE the room? you are not containing the heat by using copper tubing which dissipates heat even before it reaches the radiators.

You want a heat shielded tubing so all the heat is contained to make the room cooler in any meaningful way.

This. And why are there rads on top of the cases?

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Why to the GPU's in series. Wouldn't parallel have been much easier?

It's easiest to cool all of the components of a single computer in series. This way, each component needs only one input port and one output port, and only tubes are required to link them. To link them in parallel, you would need either more input/output ports on each component or some extra accessories for creating T-junctions in the water loop. It would also take more tube, and more work.

However, each whole computer is placed in the loop in parallel (I think(?)), allowing any computer to be taken out without breaking the water circuit for the other computers. (Although if you take the last computer out, the water circuit probably will be broken.)

While it would be sensible to insulate the metal pipes inside the room, you are overestimating their ability to transfer heat into the room air. The radiators have lots of thin-walled pipes, with a large surface area for their cross section, lots of fins, and fans to blow air through them. In contrast, the pipes in the room have none of those things. Hence, despite the pipes in the room being metal, most of the heat WILL be transferred out at the radiators.

I thought they would use at least 540mm radiators. Maybe they were too hard to come by?

Nice, it's fun to watch projects like these.

It looks like radiators were attached to the individual computers also. I guess that way they can be used without being connected to the main loop, but when they are connected, there's probably no need to run fans other than for case air flow.

It's true that those exposed copper pipes radiate heat to the room a little bit, but I'd say it's not that much since the water temperature is like, 40 C? Also there is no airflow over the surface which makes a big difference.

I wonder if plastic piping could have been used instead of copper. It's much cheaper and insulates heat better, though I guess copper has some advantages.

I hope LLT can move some of this setup to their new office, and at the same time perhaps make it even better.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

fav0b.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Don't get me wrong - all of that is really cool but what I don't understand is why you guys are doing all of this when you plan on moving into another office. I mean that watercooling setup isn't exactly movable with the hard installed pipes and all. So the whole thing doesn't make that much sense to me at this point.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Don't get me wrong - all of that is really cool but what I don't understand is why you guys are doing all of this when you plan on moving into another office. I mean that watercooling setup isn't exactly movable with the hard installed pipes and all. So the whole thing doesn't make that much sense to me at this point.

....get on p.2, read last comment and be ashamed of your copycat hans arse!

....get on p.2, read last comment and be ashamed of your copycat hans arse!

Dude, no reason to get insulting - that only means that both of us have the same question. And you call me "copycat"!? Man, this is not a popularity contest!

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Dude, no reason to get insulting - that only means that both of us have the same question. And you call me "copycat"!? Man, this is not a popularity contest!

such serious, such wow! I am the biggest fame bitch eu! also best sand king global - deal with it.

Lol home depot wouldn't let you strap the ladder to the roof of the van?

I've brought home 55 gallon oil drums from the local landfill in cars no bigger than Linus' honda. But they couldn't get a ladder home from home depot, wtf canada?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is really cool. I'd love to have a space where I could do a project like that.

To people talking about the new office: There are giant white letters at the beginning of the video saying this was done in August. I wouldn't expect them to be in a new office until Spring, if not Summer or beyond depending on how long it takes them to find a space that works for them and how much work they have to do to that space before moving into it. Moving a company is not generally a super quick process unless you manage to get lucky and find a perfect space or one good enough that you can work around while doing renovations.