Windows 7 update destroys(nearly) everything: 19kb of death

brownninja97

333-keyboard-break.png

Yesterday microsoft rolled out a 19kb(KB3004394)  "important" update which was meant to fix something. Alas it causes what can only be described as complete anarchy. People may die.

Problems it causes

• Completely breaks virtual pcs from being created
  • Prevents installing new programs
  • Some chances of administrator abilities suddenly vanishing
  • Security essentials/ windows defender breaking
  • Malwarebytes losing its sh** because windows is trying to prevent it from launching and chameleon kicks in.
  • Refusal to uninstall that patch
  • Youtube not working over 1080p

Also AMD have been getting attack became their new omega drivers wouldnt install, UBISOFT blames AMD and AMD blames MICROSOFT and im sure somewhere, some place Barnacules is dying of laughter.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41896/windows-7-update-wreaks-havoc-user-software/index.html

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/12/microsoft-withdraws-bad-windows-7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2859120/windows-7-users-urged-to-uninstall-broken-update-that-wreaks-havoc-on-software.html

Microsoft have stopped the update from updating so if you havent updated then you will not be updated with the new update

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well uh, it's good I don't have it set to autoupdate windows. I think.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Maybe it's time to consider Windows 8?

513920-20animated_gif20kushieda_minori20

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

No wonder why my PC(Win 7 Pro 64) was having problems. But it was only "this computer is not running genuine windows" and i solved that by entering another key that i had lying around. 

It just popped up for me an hour ago and my PC crashed and it installed it on its own.

WTF I'M DOOMED!@#QWE!@#

edit: nvm it was only the KB30424777 update, we gucci.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

we gucci.

Nah, We dolce and gabana bruh.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Yes, I had this issue, I run auto updates and never have any issues (in fact I never even notice it updates) anyway I got on yesterday and all of a sudden windows was trying to tell me it was no longer genuine, I couldn't run CMD in admin, the explorer.exe would lock up.  I simply restored to the 10-12 auto update restore point and everything has been perfect since.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Get Windows 8.1 and be done with it. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Get Windows 8.1 and be done with it. 

me and my os are fine

tumblr_mkss3mchWf1rtrpfmo1_500.gif

Listen if you care.

Huh I have had no issues at all since getting the update yesterday...

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

afraid to turn on my pc now, i installed some update yesterday :o

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

out of all the issues i find " Youtube not working over 1080p" to be odd

feels soo random

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

afraid to turn on my pc now, i installed some update yesterday :o

if you have issues just restore to the 10-12 update point and everything will be fine.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

if you have issues just restore to the 10-12 update point and everything will be fine.

how do you do that haha, ive never had to

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

how do you do that haha, ive never had to

start -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system restore.   

First we get bad games, now we get bad drivers.

out of all the issues i find " Youtube not working over 1080p" to be odd

feels soo random

I wonder if it is just Youtube or all internet videos over 1080p

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Sooo, I shouldn't get wound to updating then???

c9adc4585f.png

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Sooo, I shouldn't get wound to updating then???

c9adc4585f.png

Dude, by the time you got to the busted update it will have been re-released all fixed up and ready to go. B)

EDIT: either that or win 10 will be officially released. :ph34r:

#Windows8.1MasterRace

#WindowsVistaMasterRace

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Funny, yday I installed AMDs Omega driver on friends machine and it screwed everything like nothing was installed. Ofc that was done on full cleanup with Ccleaner, display driver uninstaler, and manual removal leftovers. Doing in safemode what was needed etc. So I had to do this couple of times for machine to recognize driver. I knew this would work since I had simillar problem on W7 before (using 8 myself), and I knew it it was some W7 issue, and probqbly due to latest updates I was thinking... And looky looky.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |