Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: ahhming

• 23 companies

• 103 fans

• all 12cm

• results in link

Parrot Reveals The Bebop Drone, Takes 1080P Video And 4K Pictures

[5:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Xtankslayerx

[5:2] Source 2: parrot.com

• GPS system that has a Return Home function which brings it back to its take-off point

• Parrot P7 dual-core CPU, quad-core GPU and 8GB of flash memory

• 8x more powerful than the AR Drone 2.0 onboard computer

• MIMO Wi-Fi connection - 2 dual-band antennas, can hanle 2.4GHz and 5GHz

• generates its own 802.11 network, you can select the frequency depending on interference

• 180 degree vision, shifting on the 180 angle is fully digital and independant from drone movements

• set a flight plan for the drone on the map within the app

• 1080p video, 4k pictures

TOPICS RELATED TO HARDWARE (in Rapid Fire):

• Oppo R5 So Slim It Doesn'T Even Have A Headphone Jack

AMD Omega Drivers

Source 1: support.amd.com

• "Special Edition" driver delivered to enhance the AMD GPU and APU experience.

• contains over 20 new features, performance improvements, and significant number of bug fixes and improvements.

• New features:

• Virtual Super Resolution: Render at a higher res and downscale.

• 5k Monitor Support.

• Alienware Graphic Amplifier.

• Perfect Picture Enhancements:

• AMD Fluid Motion Video: Smooth Blu-ray playback with lower power APU

• Contour Removal: Improved algorithm for compressed videos

• Perfect Picture Additions:

• 1080p Detail Enhancement now for APUs

• Ultra HD-Like Experience - Makes 1080P videos 4K-like

• Frame Pacing Enhancements for AMD Dual Graphics

• AMD CrossFire™ Frame Pacing improvements

• OpenCL™ 2.0 Support

• Performance improvements:

• Mantle API activated for ultimate performance in Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™

• CoD:AW - Up to 30% performance increases with FXAA and lower game resolutions

• Assassin's Creed® Unity performance improvements

• Dragon Age: Inquisition up to 15% performance increase in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.

• Far Cry 4 up to 50% performance increase in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes First Pc Gameplay

[18:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Olekking

[18:2] Source 2: store.steampowered.com

[18:3] Source 3: youtu.be

• The game will have a 60 fps lock.

• Release on the 18th of December 2015

• Video (Japanese) in Source 3.

• Graphics are reportedly good.

The Witcher 3 Is Delayed... Again...!

[1:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Johners

• pushed back to May 19

• due to sheer size and complexity of game

• The Board of CD Projekt Red SA: “... we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.”

• “When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.”

• delayed by 12 weeks

Twitch Buys Esports Teams Alliance, Eg & Team Tinker [Dota2] - Esport

[13:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Officialjsp

[13:2] Source 2: goodgame.gg

• GoodGame, the company behind Alliance, EG, and Team Tinker, was acquired by Twitch

• Alex Garfield, CEO, released a pretty in-depth statement about the decision

• thinks Twitch will keep the best interests of the gamers first

• doesn’t shy away from the fact that being bought by Twitch means that all of their employees will be “taken care of very well. But at the same time, we’re talking about a group of people who’ve dedicated most - if not all - of their adult lives to esports and to growing this industry

• every player currently contracted with them will receive a small portion of the company’s sale

• additional benefits for players since they are becoming an Amazon subsidiary

Ddos Attack Against Against Swedens Largest ISP

[16:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Bingbear

[16:2] Source 2: aftonbladet.se

• Much of Sweden's fixed-line broadband became collateral damage as a result of a DDoS attack on a mystery gaming site this week.

• Telia, Sweden's largest ISP, was down for 45 minutes on Tuesday night and then again intermittently throughout Wednesday afternoon and evening.

• "Telia were not the prime target. It was an internet gaming company that was attacked and they sent us massive traffic which our DNS servers could not handle. We will of course investigate this incident further," Telia's spokesman said.

• According to Swedish news bureau TT, the group behind the attack was LizardSquad.

• LizardSquad claimed in a Twitter update on Thursday that it had knocked gaming company Electronic Arts offline. ZDNet has asked EA for comment and will update the story if it receives one.

Pirate Bay Raided by Swedish Police

Source 1: engadget.com

Source 2: torrentfreak.com

• Police in Sweden carried out a raid in Stockholm on Tuesday, seizing servers, computers, and other equipment.

• for the first time in months, The Pirate Bay disappeared offline.

• The Pirate Bay’s forum Suprbay.org is also offline. The same goes for Bayimg.com and Pastebay.net.

• According to the police the raid targeted a data center in Nacka which is built into a “mountain.”

• anti-piracy group Rights Alliance took responsibility for the complaint that forced the site offline.

• Pirate Bay proxy/mirror services rely entirely on The Pirate Bay for its torrent content. Currently there is none

IsoHunt unofficially resurrects TPB

Source 1: venturebeat.com

• Can be found at oldpiratebay.org

• IsoHunt’s Reasoning for the launch: “As you probably know the beloved Pirate Bay website is gone for now. It’ll be missed. It’ll be remembered as the pilgrim of freedom and possibilities on the web. It’s a symbol of liberty for a generation of internet users. In its honor we are making the oldpiratebay.org search. We, the isohunt.to team, copied the database of Pirate Bay in order to save it for generations of users. Nothing will be forgotten. Keep on believing, keep on sharing.”

• Unless The Pirate Bay returns at some point, this appears to be the best alternative, for now.

Intel, Ibm And Qualcomm Say Net Neutrality will cause Tech Companies to Suffer

[21:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Silberdrachi

[21:2] Source 2: engadget.com

[21:3] Source 3: engadget.com

• In an open letter to both congress and the FCC, a group of 60 companies that include Qualcomm and Cisco, argue that proper regulation of the internet will risk the end of national investment in telecommunications infrastructure.

• As far as companies like IBM and Intel are concerned, reclassifying broadband as a utility will prompt the networks to halt their building plans altogether.

• Were that to happen, it's claimed that US investment in broadband could fall by as much as $45 billion in the next five years.

• With that sort of money no longer in the system, the tech businesses will begin to suffer, quickly followed by the rest of the economy and this may lead to another recession.

Microsoft New Business Model For Windows 10, Possible Subscription Based

[8:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Ahhming

[8:2] Source 2: techreport.com

[8:3] Source 3: arstechnica.com

• no specific statement from Microsoft COO Kevin Turner

• mainly focusing on the zero cost Windows licenses that come with the 9 inch and under device category

• simply said plans will be revealed through the course of summer and spring

• gave an indication the company may be thinking of “finding new ways to monetize the lifetime of that customer on those [zero cost Windows license] devices.”

• doesn’t make sense to charge $50 for Windows on a $100 tablet

• Microsoft isn’t making much from these licenses - mostly commission from app store, advertising income from Bing, other web properties

• over the past few years they have built out more subscription-based services on the consumer side, so it may make sense for them to move windows over as well

Mark Zuckerberg Fires Back At Tim Cook

[6:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Algoat

[6:2] Source 2: money.cnn.com

• after “The Fappening” Tim Cook added something to Apple’s privacy page

• “when an online service is free, you’re not the customer. You’re the product.”

• in September he stated “I think everyone has to ask, how do companies make their money? Follow the money. And if they’re making money mainly by collecting gobs of personal data, I think you have a right to be worried.”

• Zuckerberg replied “A frustration I have is that a lot of people increasingly seem to equate an advertising business model with somehow being out of alignment with your customers.”

• “I think it’s the most ridiculous concept. What, you think because you’re paying Apple that you’re somehow in alignment with them? If you were in alignment with them, they’d make their products a lot cheaper!”

Sony Hack Update/Full Story!

[20:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Xtankslayerx

[20:2] Source 2: recode.net

[20:3] Source 3: engadget.com

[20:4] Source 4: engadget.com

[20:5] Source 5: engadget.com

• The problems for sony started on November 24th, when various reports pointed to a high-profile, studio-wide cyberattack at the hands of a group calling itself "#GOP," aka the Guardians of Peace.  The hackers, who are believed to be from North Korea, have leaked some of its unreleased films online; revealed highly sensitive information, like passwords and executives' salaries; and gone as far as threatening employees and their families.

• Right as they took control of the movie studio's corporate systems, the GOP cyberattackers began leaving intimidating messages behind.

• The group leaked a number

• of unreleased films from the studio, including high-quality screening copies of Annie, Fury, Mr. Turner and Still Alice.

• GOP claimed that it had just "under 100 terabytes" of data belonging to Sony Pictures.

• The malware, known as Destover, acts as a backdoor and is capable of wiping disk drives and any Master Boot Record disk.

• North Korea, for its part, denied having a role in any of this.

• With the help of the FBI and Mandiant, a security firm Sony recently hired, the company's trying get to the bottom of this and find the people responsible.

RAPID FIRE

Steam Winter Sale Might Begin December 18th

[23:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Brownninja97

[23:2] Source 2: vg247.com

• Paypal Japan leaked the dates for the Steam Winter Sale

• did the same for Autumn Sale and dates were dead on

• expected run of December 18 - January 2

Instagram Now Bigger Than Twitter

[24:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Etrj

[24:2] Source 2: bbc.co.uk

• Twitter claims 284 million active users each month

• some users have complained about ads on the site

• CEO Kevin Systrom response: “When you get to 300m users it’s not cheap to run that service and you need to make sure to be able to hire more people”

Youtube Android Application Update Allows You To Watch Videos Offline

[9:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Iasuno

• gives users the option to download a video for offline consumption

• can choose between 360p and 720p, shows file size

• most are not available yet eg. TQ are, LTT are not (as of December 9)

Oppo R5 So Slim It Doesn'T Even Have A Headphone Jack

[4:1] Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Ahhming

• $450 unlocked

• have to plug headphones in through the micro USB port via provided adapter

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/268621-youtube-gets-a-built-in-gif-creator/?view=getnewpost

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/268145-google-confirms-nexus-5-production-has-stopped/?view=getnewpost

When did you get the santahat Linus? Just noticed...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Thanks Linus!

edit: it's private

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

@LinusTech

Could we possibly get a review of some budget headphones? things under $100. preferably in the $60-80 range.

CPU Intel I7-4700MQ @2.4 ghz, turbos to 3.4 

Motherboard  whatever toshiba put in the thing

RAM 8GB 1600mhz 

GPU  Nvidia Geforce GT 740M  

Storage 750Gb 5400rpm   

Cooling  Crappy laptop fan 

Operating System  windows 8 64 bit

01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01000111 01101111 01101111 01100111 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100010 01101100 01100001 01101101 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Thanks @LinusTech! :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thanks @LinusTech! I think you should upload the Afterparty, at least for this video... even though you taking your cap off is already on here. The video was still pretty cool

http://www.twitch.tv/linustech/v/3603694

Is it ok if I post that? ^

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Thanks nic... I mean @LinusTech.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

PRIVATE!!! No WAN show for me tonight then.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I think @LinusTech is going for the world record in (((((LONGEST POST EVER)))))! :D:P

If anyone quotes the OP and doesn't edit it out I will slap the living shit out of you with 7.529 penguin testicles.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Private?????

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Private?????

Yeah, what gives?

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Yeah, what gives?

Paul and Kyle claimed copyright infringement for using their faces.

When did you get the santahat Linus? Just noticed...

For a while I think.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

post-216-0-91942100-1418474391.png

In order:

Window Mode

Resolution

Display - Display1 (probably which display you want to run it on if you got multiple monitors)

V-Sync

Frame-Rate - Auto (not sure what this is)

Model details

Textures

Texture Filtering

Shadows

Lighting

Screen filtering

Screen space ambient occlusion (no idea what this is)

Effects

If anyone quotes the OP and doesn't edit it out I will slap the living spit out of you with 7.529 penguin testicles.

What're you talking about? :huh:

Wow, it's Krillin and Goku, but Canadian....

46:08 Mac tools are overpriced junk. Go with cheap craftsman tools with a lifetime warranty.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Bald Linus really threw me off.. the little specs of hair really gross me out for some reason  :ph34r:

Watch me live on twitch every night! Click Here♥

can we please get a gif of linus tearing his scalp open...

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

What're you talking about? :huh:

The OP is f*cking huge, or it looked a lot more huge on mobile, now I feel silly :lol:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

The OP is freaking huge, or it looked a lot more huge on mobile, now I feel silly :lol:

Fixed! :D