How fast is your boot time?

SeeingSharp

15 seconds on windows 10, ssd.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

like 30 seconds or something high, i cant really tell the differance between when i had my hdd as my boot drive and with my ssd now :/ i think it actually takes longer with my ssd for some reason

edit: nvm i get 18 seconds without fast boot ( to lazy to go into the bios )

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

i have one of the first SSDs when they were very new and 120GB was the 2nd highest capacity.

it still boots in about 34-35 seconds.

win7.

and it fills about 4GB of idle ram with startup programs

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Longer then I'm willing to sit in front of it and count for. Another reason why you shouldn't use a green drive as your boot drive. I don't mind though, only time it cold boots is in the morning when I wake up, I'll go take a piss and wash my face and come back and it'll be on by then.

"Rawr XD"

9 seconds wd black 750gb on Windows 8.1 straight into login screen :D

Come at me Linus with ur 45 seconds

12 seconds. Was over a minute when i was using a hard drive

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

22 seconds from power button to login screen

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Longer then I'm willing to sit in front of it and count for. Another reason why you shouldn't use a green drive as your boot drive. I don't mind though, only time it cold boots is in the morning when I wake up, I'll go take a piss and wash my face and come back and it'll be on by then.

Omfg I had a green as a os drive and I got so angry at it, atleast 3 mins to boot even on main screen without things been loaded.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

15 seconds from initial boot to lock screen. My BIOS is a lot faster than my old one. My old setup to took 1 minute from boot and 10 seconds after POST

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

14 seconds

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

on my hdd: 2m on my SSD: 20sec

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

15 seconds on an Ocz Arc 100.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Last time I checked it was about 15 seconds from the power button to desktop. I'll re-check in a bit.

Edit - 20 seconds

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

54.75 seconds on a 1TB boot drive (waiting for win 10 so I can install on SSD), and that's INCLUDING the passcode I have to enter (about 1-2 seconds to enter)

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Really guys? You should look into making your computer UEFI ready, while I am sure many of you still on teh legacy BIOS and old hardware that prevents this, let alone on Windows 7, or have an HDD powered system, you should get 6sec.

My time is 6sec from the power button 'click' sound to the desktop fully loaded.

Specs: Core i5-4300U, SSD, 8GB of RAM.

10 days and 5 hours.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

2 sec boot time on my laptop.

7 sec on mainrig could also be 2 sec if asus fixed there AMDA00 driver or least allowed to disable it.

Impossible. We are talking from the 'click' of the power button to the desktop fully loaded.

6.73 from SSD, Windows 10 with Fastboot

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

Really guys? You should look into making your computer UEFI ready, while I am sure many of you still on teh legacy BIOS and old hardware that prevents this, let alone on Windows 7, or have an HDD powered system, you should get 6sec.

My time is 6sec from the power button 'click' sound to the desktop fully loaded.

Specs: Core i5-4300U, SSD, 8GB of RAM.

There are certain tweaks in the bios as well.  This is what I've found works best with my ASUS Board.

Fast Boot - Enabled

Sata Support - Boot Drive Only

USB Support - Disabled

Network Stack Driver Support - Disabled

Power Loss - Fast Boot

Boot Logo - Auto

Post Delay - 0

CSM - Disabled

Change the first boot device to Boot Manager, or the boot drive.

Secondly, for even faster boot times you need to enable Hybrid Boot in Windows.  I have this disabled personally, since it takes precious space on my 120gb SSD, and uses unnecessary write cycles to the drive, since I already get 6 second boot times with it disabled.

mQhIMUM.png

If I recall correctly, on some ASUS board you have teh option to add a fake delay for you to access the UEFI settings. Make sure it is disabled.

3 min. and 23 sec. (crappy notebook with very slow hard-drive)

Make a poll? 

Mine's exactly 30 seconds (GO SSDs!

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

If I recall correctly, on some ASUS board you have teh option to add a fake delay for you to access the UEFI settings. Make sure it is disabled.

You can disable the Boot Logo, but then you can only set the Boot Delay to 1 second.  If you keep the Boot Logo enabled, you can set the Boot Delay to 0, and I've found this allows for a faster boot.