Logitech g100s left mouse button fix

_Radat

Hello!

I just bought the Logitech g100s becouse I wasn't happy with the laser sensor in

my Logitech G5 mouse, when I do fast movements with it it just goes its own way, regardless of the surface.

The optical sensor in the g100s is so much better in that regard, and it just feels much more natural somehow, no acceleration what so ever.

But the left and right click were huge disapointments. The buttons are flimsy and the travel is way too long to repeatedly click the buttons fast.

So I unscrewed the one button that lives under the back glidepad and the case was easily removed.

20141212_182308_zps739e9b0c.jpg

The only screw

20141212_175837_zps153ec993.jpg

Opened. Notice the weight that can easily be removed or changed

Then I just applyed hot glue to the pad that makes contact with the switch and let it dry and then I put the case back togheter. 

20141212_182144_zps6bc17854.jpg

A little messy bat it did the job

20141212_182039_zps0390beba.jpg

I didn't bother to fix the rightbutton because I don't need it as much in games.

The result is a much better responsiveness when clickin the left button and I can now spam it much quicker.

The glide pad that I partially removed seems to stick in place for now, but will buy extra just in case.

Hope you like this little fix.

Cheers.

I don't see no weights, are you talking about that metal plate in the middle secure with a screw?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Yes the metal plate :D I guess you could easily put something else there if you wanted. I removed it and tested it but it was too ligth for me.

• 2 months later...

I tried it and it didnt fix the missing clicks problem :/ Do you have any idea? Did I do something wrong?

Nevermind, I did it better now and it works :D I also removed the weight. So. F. Light. 

The only problem is that it messes up the feet.

Should try to use a heat gun or blow dryer to soften the adhesive before peeling. Might save the feet.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

• 1 year later...

Gonna revive this. This fix only works for a short period of time. I then tried to change the microswitches (bought a new microswitch on the store, not omron, but actually felt better. called bbj lolz with red switch). Then it worked for a little time and it stopped more than a year ago. Since I'm tired of my mx518 i tried to fix it again removing the plastic part as seen on a video, no effect. Honestly, is there a way to fix this? How can two microswitches from different brands have the same problem?