Mineral Oil Submerged PC Part 4: Q&A

I think it's apparent by now, but the video is up in case anyone didn't know :P

I did recognize the collars you were wearing, but was like "nah, that can't be it", they probably just messed up their microphones and decided for some reason to wear them like that :ph34r:

Onto the build: thanks for doing a Q&A to answer some questions like this and testing it with some scenarios.

That testing on it must have taken a while though, so respect for that !

Might make my first water cooled system in about a year, but with how clumsy  I sometimes get, Mineral oil builds just sound like a major disaster waiting to happen :P

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

360p man..... fix it pls i think its an youtube error

Video went live right after upload finished. Usually takes at least an hour for 10+ minute videos to process.

Can't pull it at this point, if it is 360p error we'll just have to wait on YouTube to fix.

That's a good Q&A guys, certainly helps with understanding some more of the work behind building a system like this if I ever get the chance in the future.

Also, that ending was just hilarious. Luke shocking Linus mid sentence so his face looks like he's in a painful arm lock. Can't wait for that channel superfun video now.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

This answered few of those question I had about performance. Its sad that video itself has several quality issues. First being the rough cut where Linus' audio is bit clipped. Another is the "Edzel comments" being so light against white table that I didn'talmost notice them (I have to watch again to see if it was something funny). One bit weird thing was camera angle sligthly adjusting in one of action shots. The last thing was Luke's audio being "off mic" in last portition where they wonder why shock collars aren't working. If that is part of scene, then its ok. Its funny since Luke says "Isn't it working" at the moment where audio return to normal level.

The ending cut is really nice touch. Now all I have to do is wait the CSF video release.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That "Linus getting electrocuted" face tho..... priceless.

Still waiting for the Wan show as girls, body paint, and fat suit Linus.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've been toying with idea of this for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger. I guess if I don't win this the trigger will never be pulled.

Terrible news for Puget Systems, they really had a good niche in the market for this kind of stuff. We really need patent law reform to stop this kind of stuff from happening.

Nice system! I like this channel! keep up the good work!

Love my PC but my real love is Cars. "VAG for life"

That name

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Well I guess it's good that these cases will go to people that really want them.
Patent trolls are terrible though.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Terve!

"...weighting in at a massive 75 pounds."

Well, Kazumi weighted about 52 kg (114.5pounds) before she died and I wanted to add TEC.

I did not think that this PC would be so "light".

Anyway: Great videos, looking forward to the channelsuperfun Video.

Sayonara!

What is that CPU cooler. I can't find a parts list of what you guys used in the build.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

What is that CPU cooler. I can't find a parts list of what you guys used in the build.

Silver Arrow Extreme

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hey, are those shock collars being worn by Linus and Luke? That's friggin hilarious!

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I now feel the want to destroy http://www.liquidcoolsolutions.com/ after watching the video.

Puget systems should setup a donation fund to go towards legal costs to wipe LiquidCool Solutions off the face of the planet.

Crowd funding isn't always the the right course of action.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Great build guys!! Has really been an eye opening idea. By the way, I totally dig the collars.

Crowd funding isn't always the the right course of action.

Yeah i know but since they make such awesome mineral oil tanks and the community seems to love them shouldn't the community be able to keep a brand they know and love alive.

I was thinking about how people wanted fish in the tank... I have found the solution!

HEXBUG AQUAFISH!!!

either that or build something similar that would run off a small battery like a dime battery.

I would talk to barnacles nerdgasm, he might be able to do some 3D printed stuff for it.