Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Sorry to hear about the legal problems.  I will build one if I win.  I prefer micro-ATX, but would do mini-ITX as well.

I own several funnels ;)

if i won this it would be on display at my lan center for every one to see please pic me i would take a micro-ATX or mini

Protomat

I hate that this is my first post but I've wanted a Puget oil cooled system for about 4 years.  I have a retail PC shop and we do a lot of cool enthusiast builds.  I've always wanted to showcase an oil rig in the front of my store because of how unique they are.  I would defintely be in your debt if selected.  When I opened my store 4 years ago I called Puget and asked if they would donate a kit and in return I'd have it on display with their info but they declined.  I have no preference which kit it is.

hope Puget wins this patent fight. If they will start selling those kits again I would definetely buy one, unless I win one of course.

Hey guys awesome build, more than happy to front the cost of the mineral oil, as I have wanted to try this for  while, in fact as soon as I saw the first video on this channel about your liquid cooled computer I started putting together my very own liquid cooled machine, you could say that you are the creative influence for me getting into hardcore pc master race building.  That pc (Asus Maximus V Formula LGA-3770K (water cooled with Asus brand 780Ti and 16Gb of 2400 megahertz Trident Gskill Ram) which were all things that have been shown on your channel and recommended. I am now ready to take the plunge and place this system under mineral oil based on my confidence that i have achieved in part from you. Thanks again, keep up the great work and Godspeed!

P.S. Tn case i wasn't clear PLEASE PLACE ME IN THE CONTEST!!!

I think mineral pcs are absolutely BADASS. The fact that computers can function under mineral water blew my mind until I watched Linus' video

Edit: I would really enjoy it if I got this kit, I might actually spend an extra couple hundred of dollars building a new set

I would love to win one of the cases, been looking at building one for a while, just hadn't gotten the time to do so because of school and work. In all honesty i would love either the mitx or matx (probably leaning more towards the atx to be able to sli) because the main goal for my plan is to put a watercooling loop within a mineral oil pc. I know it seems like your killing one bird with two stone but I think it would look really cool having the color water tubes running through the mineral oil and it would be awesome to have such a good looking case to put it in.

Sorry about the patent suit, really sucks that these cases will not be on the market anymore they look so good. :/

Anyway hope to win one so it can be part of my build!

THIS IS AN ENTRY

:( Sad about Puget.  I was really thinking about doing a mineral oil PC with one of their kits too!  Hope everything works out for your guys.

gimme dat Mini ATX! also, I hope they get this thing sorted out so people can buy them..

The other company is just jealous of Pugets success. Haters gon' hate. If I win if prefer the mITX kit, but mATX works too ^^.

I would Love to get an itx these cases are very nice and its a shame they are getting patented trolled

If i won this would be the showcase of my office.

How much oil is needed for an itx case so i know how much to order

That is too bad! I have followed Puget's system for a little while now and think they're pretty spiff!

Good luck to all in the giveaway and thanks to Linus/Team/Puget for the hookup!

Config, if I were chosen, doesn't matter! A freebie is awesome either way!

I always wanted to build an oil-cooled pc and i've had the Purget website in my bookmarks for years but the kit was too expensive for my budget.  I hope I win this kit for my mATX build.

I thought those kits were really neat so damn those patent trolls!  As for kit, there is no preference, but if I had to choose I would pick the mITX kit.

Although I agree with Linus and Luke, I would still like to at least attempt to do an oil cooled rig. I feel bad that a companies passion had to get trollled, but its warming to see that they are giving away whats left of their kits. 

I would be more then happy with either kit, I can say I've been fascinated by the concept of oil cooling a PC for forever and when I heard that Puget Systems wasn't going to be able to sell these anymore I was sad, but if I can get a kit I will happily build one and display it happily. (I'll even make a guide if I'm feeling that froggy that day!)

And if it is possible couldn't they submit a small request to the patent board to examine this without a huge legal fee? Either way Puget will continue to rock house when it comes to the other stuff they build so the other company can eat their dust.

the kits are 2 gal for the ITX and 8 gal for the MATX as per 

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

I would Love to get an itx these cases are very nice and its a shame they are getting patented trolled

If i won this would be the showcase of my office.

How much oil is needed for an itx case so i know how much to order

I've built a mineral oilled PC for a client a couple years ago, it was 2 computers in a partition behind 200 gallon fish tank. One computer was a htpc for his projector and the other was originally a gaming PC but the heat kept killing fish so it was converted to be a htpc as well to keep loads light. Another thing we found out you have to do is make sure the rads are located behind dont viberate the entire tank otherwise it stresses the fish. Total cost was around $40,000 8 6 years ago. Would NEVER recommend doing it. Its my most hated client computer.

This is an entry. Would love to build a simple mineral oil build. I wish patent trolls where not a thing, good luck to you guys.

I see that a gallon of some random mineral oil costs 16 dollars. Don't know if that includes shipping and don't care. I just wanted an estimate. So 16 x 6 = 96 dollars. I think this is feasible. I will throw my hat in the ring for the MATX motherboard. If it's a bit more I'm okay with that too.

I want one of these things. Fingers crossed.

I just guesstimated that a tank uses 6 gallons.

How much does it use?

Edit: Reading above me I see that it's 8 gallons.

OK. That's 32 dollars more. I would still get the mineral oil at that price.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

Patent trolls will burn in the fiery pits. It's a shame legitimate companies have great ideas and products crippled by illegitimate people. 

No entry here. Just wanted to drop a few words. Hopefully some sexy systems come out of this giveaway.

I want one of these so bad! I saw several years ago where someone something similar and I have been wanting to do it ever since then for a HTPC but financially can't ever do it. If I am lucky enough to win it does'nt matter which I get. I loved watching you guys building this through the 3 videos and it is really pathetic of those losers who are keeping these kits from being sold. They obviously only care about money and are not PC enthusiasts! Anyway's, great videos and thank you very much for the giveaway, good luck to everyone!