Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Of course something would happen just as I found out about this stuff :( Anyone have a guide on how to build your own?

It sucks that Puget had to stop making these over a stupid patent troll....

Anyway, I've wanted to build one of these systems ever since Luke's mineral oil PC was shown on camera. 

I would prefer the M-ATX, but the mini itx would be fine, too since there is only one ATX. 

Main PC:  CPU - i7-4770k @ 4.2Ghz   Motherboard - MSI MPOWER MAX   GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC   RAM - 16GB 2400Mhz ADATA   PSU - Corsair RM 850   Storage - Intel 240GB SSD - OS : Samsung 1TB HDD - Games : WD 1TB  HDD - Other : Seagate 3TB HDD - Backup

I would absolutely love one of these for my HTPC. So, MITX please :P

Wow that is soo damn cool.

I'll all in !!

If I win thats going on my desk at work.  Geek Cred!

Cheers

Wow, really sucks that Puget can't sell these :(   I could never afford one of these kits because of the $$$. Either way I hope I win (: 

M-ITX works better for me! planning a htpc but a mineral rig would be WAY cooler.

I've been interested in an oil PC for a while now.  Gonna take a swing at it with this, hopefully with a mini-itx build :).

Patent trolling is a serious pain.  I don't think I've forgiven Asetek for the thing with swiftech yet.  Still trying to convince myself I need an h220x though, haha.

I think the oil cooled system kits you guys make by what i have seen are among the best they seem sturdy and efficient if i was investing in a big build it would have to be a oil cooled pc one of the coolest computer things ive ever seen good job and its motivated me to donate to the linus tech tips cause

It's a shame this happened to you that someone decided they didn't have enough money in the world... they should go back to [company] and cry some more.

I am kind of interested, the mineral oil pre-req is setting me off... I'm taking I can't just spend $10 for a gallon of the stuff at Home Deopt, correct?

What mineral oil would you recommend for PC coolants?

EDIT:  I stumbled upon the FAQ...  Okay this is interesting, but something I am not able to do at the moment.  Good luck on your future endeavors!

[witty signature]

I've been doing alot of research as I am planning to build myself a new computer for Christmas.  I was originally planning on getting the Asrock M8 but after reading on heat issues/dB level of the fans I've been looking for a different case and have followed this mineral oil series from the beginning.  Would love to have one of these cases, definitely not your everyday case.  Such a bummer for Puget, sad to know that they won't be making any amazing oil cases like these anymore.

I'd be happy with either mini ATX or MATX :)

Entered! I've been wanting to build an oil cooled rig for years, very sad to see Puget stop production. Hopefully they can continue in the future!

Mini or MATX I don't care. I'll have to buy a new motherboarrd anyway. Gah... I just want to build!

Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!

Thanks so much Puget for doing this giveaway! The case is awesome and its to bad that only four people will get to make their own oil cooled pcs. If I get picked I'd prefer the matx one, but the micro atx would be fine. Thanks again! (Btw, it's a new account but that's just because, much like reddit, I lurk most of the time, and haven't had the need to make one until now)

I am sorry to hear about this. I was considering this oil cooling kit and am sad they are no longer on the market. This was such a cool idea and so much work went into it.

Made an account here after lurking for a long time just to comment here.  I was really saddened to see what happened.  I have been trying to piece together a mineral oil rig for a bit now.  I was just waiting for a case/tank that was  something more than a fishtank.  When this came up I knew it was going to be what I would use!  Its sad to see something so awesome shut down is such a poor way. (especially before I could get one!)  I do hope who ever ends up with one of the lucky few posts up some great photos of it in its resting battle station!

I'd love to see someone take the time to reverse engineer the case, and post the results online (thus Puget cannot be found reliable as they didn't release anything themselves, if anything, the person who reverse engineered the case would be liable as they are essentially stealing intellectual property)

Regardless, I've been very interested in building a machine in this fashion (CRAY style machines are so awesome) for a while, and this would be a great opportunity to do so! If selected, I'd prefer the M-ATX version (as I have a mobo that would be suitable for it) but I'd essentially build an entirely new machine if I were to get a ITX set. 

I really wanted to buy a mini ITX kit from Puget Systems, quite sad to hear that patent trolls have forced them to stop selling the kits. The LinusTechTips videos on building a mineral oil PC inspired me to want to make one myself. I made an account just to post this reply after lurking here for so long.

So sorry this happened to Puget, was looking forward to the ATX version that was in development.

So sorry to see Puget get trolled like this--I for sure would have bought a kit for my high school senior project.

Speaking of which, I am submitting a post to enter the giveaway. Winning this kit would be a tremendous help along my journey to learning the in's and outs of mineral oil submerged PC's for my senior project.

If I should win, I would prefer an mATX version.

Thanks so much to Linus Media Group for hosting this giveaway. My thoughts and feelings go out to Puget for the wrongful incrimination they have endured.

Patent trolls are honestly some of the worst types of people. I think it would be awesome to build one of these PC's but it kinda sucks how expensive they are. I also would be super scared to build one of these since it seems like there is so much room for error and if you do mess it up you are easily down hundreds of dollars or more.

-J.T.

That sucks they are getting shut down. I have looked at these guys a lot over the years researching Mineral Oil PCs. Still haven't built one yet but as soon as I have expendable income it will be at the top of my projects list.

I would love to undertake this project. I am sorry that liquid cooling solutions has completely hijacked Puget. Keep up the good work LTT and Puget.