What 3DS games to buy?

sdhdok

So i'm getting a new 3ds xl for Christmas and i need to decide on the games i want.
I've already chosen two (OOT 3D and Alpha Sapphire) and i can choose two more.

So i'm asking for suggestions, i have my eye on a couple of games such as  "Fire Emblem: Awakening" and "A Link Between Worlds".
I'm really not a fan of strategy games mostly i play games for the story and not for the game play, having heard that can anyone recommend  fire emblem to me?
Is the story so engaging that it would be a tremendous shame not to own it? What about A Link Between worlds, what's your opinion on it?

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Kart (whichever version/s there is/there are).

Tamodachi World?

I don't know much about the 3DS's game lineup - I'm the odd one out with the Shield Portable.

Sig under construction.

None by a new GPU.

I'm running an R9 290, no real need to upgrade at the moment. let me know when a pc can emulate 3ds games will you?

Fire Emblem has an "easy" mode if you just want to play it for the story so that would be a good choice. Another game many others would recommend for the story would be Bravely Default but I'm not sure how difficult the game is. The Phoenix Wright trilogy just came out so I would give that a shot too. The puzzles are a bit hard at times but the game is good.

La`~

Fire Emblem has an "easy" mode if you just want to play it for the story so that would be a good choice. Another game many others would recommend for the story would be Bravely Default but I'm not sure how difficult the game is. The Phoenix Wright trilogy just came out so I would give that a shot too. The puzzles are a bit hard at times but the game is good.

If you had to choose between Fire emblem and bravely default which one would you choose?

zelda:link between worlds is why I bought a 3ds,the game is so so good! if you like zelda for the snes you have to get it.

You've convinced me i'm going to get a link between worlds.

Smash bros and Mario kart for online multiplayer arcade replay ability since you already getting single player RPG/semi puzzler Zelda OOT and Pokemon. Link between works is cool but you really want that much single player Zelda as your first games?

Smash bros and Mario kart for online multiplayer arcade replay ability since you already getting single player RPG/semi puzzler Zelda OOT and Pokemon. Link between works is cool but you really want that much single player Zelda as your first games?

Personally i prefer single player games, like i said before i play games for the story not the game play. I feel that single player games have no choice but to focus on the story (for obvious reasons) . I am a fan of smash bros (but not really mario kart) but if given the choice between a multiplayer time sink like smash bros and a single player game with a captivating story i'll pick the single player game every time.

Retail:

- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

- Super Smash Bros

- Super Mario 3D Land

- Pokemon X/Y

- Animal Crossing New Leaf

Download:

- Steam World Dig

- Shovel Knight

Honourable mentions:

- Kid Icarus Uprising (I loved it but opinions are mixed, also I reckon the awesome online mode would be basically dead now)

- Luigi's Mansion 2 (I haven't finished it yet and feel no real urge to, but it's very polished and the sound and animation is fantastic)

- Mario Kart 8 (because, Mario Kart)

- Braverly Default (massively popular, I haven't played it though)

- Fire Emblem (again, people rave about it. Not really my thing though so I never got it)

- Resident Evil Revelations (It's solid and impressive on the 3DS but there are HD ports of it now on everything so, meh)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Retail:

- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

- Super Smash Bros

- Super Mario 3D Land

- Pokemon X/Y

- Animal Crossing New Leaf

Download:

- Steam World Dig

- Shovel Knight

Honourable mentions:

- Kid Icarus Uprising (I loved it but opinions are mixed, also I reckon the awesome online mode would be basically dead now)

- Luigi's Mansion 2 (I haven't finished it yet and feel no real urge to, but it's very polished and the sound and animation is fantastic)

- Mario Kart 8 (because, Mario Kart)

- Braverly Default (massively popular, I haven't played it though)

- Fire Emblem (again, people rave about it. Not really my thing though so I never got it)

- Resident Evil Revelations (It's solid and impressive on the 3DS but there are HD ports of it now on everything so, meh)

I've decided i'm going to skip Pokemon x/y and just stick with sapphire until the next Pokemon game comes out. I'm going to get A Link Between worlds so that just leaves one more game. I've heard good things about Fire Emblem and Bravely Default personally from what i've seen i'd much rather the game play of Bravely Default  but i hear fire emblem is the better game so i don't know what to choose. 

Super Mario Land 3d was quite fun and cheap too

Resident Evil I really enjoyed

Metal Gear Solid 3D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Personally i prefer single player games, like i said before i play games for the story not the game play. I feel that single player games have no choice but to focus on the story (for obvious reasons) . I am a fan of smash bros (but not really mario kart) but if given the choice between a multiplayer time sink like smash bros and a single player game with a captivating story i'll pick the single player game every time.

Oh, well I have friends with 3ds's so maybe my PoV is just different than yours.