Looking for a new monitor and money is no object

zolo30

I am currently in the market for a new computer monitor. My reqs are simple 27 inch+ size and larger resolution than 1920x1080.

My current specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wLBCt6

I am torn between getting a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor or not such as 3440x1440

Thoughts?

I would say to go with multiple monitors for that budget.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

21:9 is apparently amazing, but I haven't used it.

ROG Swift is also another option. 27" 1440p 144hz w/G-Sync

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would say to go with multiple monitors for that budget.

I already have a 27 inch 1080 and a 23 inch 1080. I am kinda looking to get rid of the 23 inch. Also I am not a multi monitor guy for gaming because bezels bother me. I like having  the second monitor for my stream activity and other non gaming stuff.

dallas-cowboys-stadium-screen-a-member-o

I am not sure how much this screen costs but I like what they have on it there and heck it would be fun to play games on it and watch movies on it.

Haha well played I did say money was no object but I am not sure Jerry Jones would part with the worlds larget high def stadium screen. Games would be fun though huh?

21:9 is apparently amazing, but I haven't used it.

ROG Swift is also another option. 27" 1440p 144hz w/G-Sync

Problem is that monitor is sold out everywhere I have been looking for two months.

I already have a 27 inch 1080 and a 23 inch 1080. I am kinda looking to get rid of the 23 inch. Also I am not a multi monitor guy for gaming because bezels bother me. I like having  the second monitor for my stream activity and other non gaming stuff.

Well, then I would get a 4k monitor or perhaps a 21:9 one. Linus did reviews on several: 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

What's the system being used for?

Gaming. I am using that monitor for strickly gaming and my other monitor off to teh side for other activities. I was thinking abuot putting mysecond monitor in portrait mode and would like the monitos hieght to match.

If you are into gaming either go all the way to the ROG Swift for 1440at 120+Mhz , even though you'll need another 970. Or go for a korean monitor to overclock it to 96Mhz or 120Mhz also in 1440p (is what I just did qnix qx2710 II)... OR this http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

Problem is that monitor is sold out everywhere I have been looking for two months.

Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you are into gaming either go all the way to the ROG Swift for 1440at 120+Mhz , even though you'll need another 970. Or go for a korean monitor to overclock it to 96Mhz or 120Mhz also in 1440p (is what I just did qnix qx2710 II)... OR this http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

The ROG Swift has been sold out or months and one 970 will do...but I am buying a second 970 for shits and gigs because it is such a great card and I can't stop buying parts for my computer.

The ROG Swift has been sold out or months and one 970 will do...but I am buying a second 970 for shits and gigs because it is such a great card and I can't stop buying parts for my computer.

It hasn't been sold out for months it was in stock a couple weeks back in this page http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1066050-REG/asus_pg278q_27_2560x1440_gaming_monitor.html right now it is not but I saw it before...

It hasn't been sold out for months it was in stock a couple weeks back in this page http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1066050-REG/asus_pg278q_27_2560x1440_gaming_monitor.html right now it is not but I saw it before...

I have bad luck because I look often and its not in stock anywhere. Acer was supposed to release their model with the same specs but they have not yet.

I have bad luck because I look often and its not in stock anywhere. Acer was supposed to release their model with the same specs but they have not yet.

I also read about Acer coming up with a strong contender boy there is nothing in 1440p as of now, everything is really expensive and not that good imo...

I also read about Acer coming up with a strong contender boy there is nothing in 1440p as of now, everything is really expensive and not that good imo...

I do agree with you and that is why this is a hard choice. I wish I could just buy a monitor use it for awhile and return it until I found the one i like.

That monitor is on my mind there is another LG that is 100 bucks cheaper and just has less inputs which would be fine with me. Any ideas about what size my secondary monitor should be for the heights to match?

Are you referring to displays in portrait?

Are you referring to displays in portrait?

Yes. My idea is to have my secondary monitor in portrait mode. Any thuoghts? That LG is huge so it will take alot of space on my desk so I am thinking the second monitor in portrait will save space and be nice for the non gaming tasks.

Yes. My idea is to have my secondary monitor in portrait mode. Any thuoghts? That LG is huge so it will take alot of space on my desk so I am thinking the second monitor in portrait will save space and be nice for the non gaming tasks.

There isn't really anything that would match the height in portrait mode as well as match the pixel density well. 

There isn't really anything that would match the height in portrait mode as well as match the pixel density well. 

I know a 29 inch 2560x1080 matches 23 inches or at least i think so.