McNuggets 'Pink Slime' Myth Debunked

Opcode

bcyPPSv.jpg

Is it real Chicken? Is the whole chicken used? Those ‘pink slime’ pictures, is it really an ingredient of Chicken McNuggets? One of the biggest questions about McDonald’s food is about what goes into the Chicken McNuggets, so Grant Imahara visited Tyson Foods to get the answers.

Found it interesting to say the least. Quite frankly didn't care what they were made of anyhow.  :P

I don't care what they are made of, because I never eat at McDonalds!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Don't care. I hate McDonald's food anyway and wish it would go boil in a vat of sick. But hey, we cant have everything in life. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yuy! I love chicken mcnuggets and glad to see that they aren't filled with pink slime(Inb4 shitstorm about liking mcdonalds). I know it's bad for me but I honestly in the end don't care because it tastes good. @TheSLSAMG can agree with me on this

Life.exe is missing

Yuy! I love chicken mcnuggets and glad to see that they aren't filled with pink slime(Inb4 shitstorm about liking mcdonalds). I know it's bad for me but I honestly in the end don't care because it tastes good. @TheSLSAMG can agree with me on this

Yeah, pretty much. And it's not like we're eating it 24/7.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yeah that's true :P

Life.exe is missing

excpet there are those who eat it 24/7. yet i dont see why we care, its their choice... the only thing we can do is inform them on what they are eating

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The pink slime is nothing to do with the chicken you tit.

It's the beef, from cows. It's when the meat is scraped off the bone, with chips of the bone in the mix, cleaned with ammonia. It's then used as a filler, to reduce the amount of "good" beef parts used in their burgers etc.

You ain't debunked a damn thing OP.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It's the beef, from cows. It's when the meat is scraped off the bone, with chips of the bone in the mix, cleaned with ammonia. It's then used as a filler, to reduce the amount of "good" beef parts used in their burgers etc.

79dda10fcac2f5a38521b657f824173f08a68bb1

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Apparently you didn't get the memo (must not be from 'merica) as you clearly don't even know the whole story. Regardless to Wikipedia searches and the whole nine yards people still tend to believe that McNuggets consist of the whole chicken processed into what was referred to by the rumor as 'Pink Slime' after being dipped in ammonia for a few hours to kill bacteria. I'm not the creator of the rumor as it's idiocy at its finest and several years old now. Tho it's nice to see some recognizable faces (Grant Imahara) debunking these food myths that spread stupidity across social media (sort of like your past few posts).

Apparently you didn't get the memo (must not be from 'merica) as you clearly don't even know the whole story. Regardless to Wikipedia searches and the whole nine yards people still tend to believe that McNuggets consist of the whole chicken processed into what was referred to by the rumor as 'Pink Slime' after being dipped in ammonia for a few hours to kill bacteria. I'm not the creator of the rumor as it's idiocy at its finest and several years old now. Tho it's nice to see some recognizable faces (Grant Imahara) debunking these food myths that spread stupidity across social media (sort of like your past few posts).

I was always under the assumption that pink slime was merely used to reduce the amount of quality beef, and thus lower prices. As a filler rather than a replacement to the "proper" meat.

Since it's from beef, i already presumed it wasn't in their chicken mcnuggets, or any other chicken product they have on sale, since it's formed with a different type of meat. I guess it's just an 'Murica thing, thinking it was in the chicken products.

Bone is perfectly fine to eat. cleaning with ammonia...is a different story.

You can eat bone, you just have to cook it until it's brittle enough to fall apart. Lots of calcium

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I was always under the assumption that pink slime was merely used to reduce the amount of quality beef, and thus lower prices. As a filler rather than a replacement to the "proper" meat.

Since it's from beef, i already presumed it wasn't in their chicken mcnuggets, or any other chicken product they have on sale, since it's formed with a different type of meat. I guess it's just an 'Murica thing, thinking it was in the chicken products.

The rumor manifested as "Pink Slime" being ground up whole chickens (beaks, feet, eye balls, all of it) in which supposedly McNuggets were made from. I believe the rumor began on Facebook and from there it spread like a wild virus. Of course it's not true with a little bit of research tho you have to keep in mind the brain capacity of most avid Facebook users. To them everything they see on social media is believable. This video is the first shed of evidence that actually educates on any level to inform people that the rumors simply aren't true. Otherwise the video would of been pointless for them to record. Grant did say in the video that this was the top suggested rumor that people wanted to know about.

The rumor manifested as "Pink Slime" being ground up whole chickens (beaks, feet, eye balls, all of it) in which supposedly McNuggets were made from. I believe the rumor began on Facebook and from there it spread like a wild virus. Of course it's not true with a little bit of research tho you have to keep in mind the brain capacity of most avid Facebook users. To them everything they see on social media is believable. This video is the first shed of evidence that actually educates on any level to inform people that the rumors simply aren't true. Otherwise the video would of been pointless for them to record. Grant did say in the video that this was the top suggested rumor that people wanted to know about.

I originally learnt about it when an English chef - Jamie Oliver showed the pink slime.

Frankly, MgNuggets and fries/hash browns are the only things I would eat at McDonalds, everything else I think is absolute shit.  I don't care if it's real beef/real fish, they still taste disgusting.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Frankly, MgNuggets and fries/hash browns are the only things I would eat at McDonalds, everything else I think is absolute shit.  I don't care if it's real beef/real fish, they still taste disgusting.

I like getting my burgers from Wendy's who does use 100% real beef. The Baconator is my burger of choice for $7  :mellow:

dont care what theyre made of, ill eat them anyway, they taste so good :3

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Well, the actual process looks better than the pink slime, but still not that appetizing lol. I just feel bad for the people cutting the chicken, that looked like a pretty shitty job("I work in the back, I see no smiles"). In the end: I will still probably eat Mc Nuggets and will down a tray of fries(love the fries). 

I like getting my burgers from Wendy's who does use 100% real beef. The Baconator is my burger of choice for $7  :mellow:

Ehh, I'm fortunate enough to have both In-n-Out and Five Guys near me.  It's way better than Mc, BK, Wendy's, etc.  I also really love Weinerschnitzel.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

fulgrim is correct the pink slime thing did originate from the beef industry, this whole slime in chicken thing is just a sleight of hand trick IMO

fulgrim is correct the pink slime thing did originate from the beef industry, this whole slime in chicken thing is just a sleight of hand trick IMO

In America it originated as of what McNuggets consisted of (social media content vary's by region). The first time I've personally seen the "Pink Slime" was on Facebook being rumored as entire chickens processed to make McNuggets. That's why it's been such a hot rumor for years now and even today it's still making it's publicity. Tho in the form of being debunked and proven untrue.

In America it originated as of what McNuggets consisted of

make your own nuggets

the contents of chicken mcnuggets have been suspect forever even since the 80's

the term "pink slime" is a recent construct and I have never heard the term used before these "news" pieces and then only in reference to beef

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fox+news+pink+slime

edit and this

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120521/NEWS/120529930/1006

Ehh, I'm fortunate enough to have both In-n-Out and Five Guys near me.  It's way better than Mc, BK, Wendy's, etc.  I also really love Weinerschnitzel.

What's wrong with Wendy's? They're absolutely fine, but yeah, In-n-Out's claim have no processed anything is true, as their food tastes super delcious.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D