An issue with people bashing the FX CPUs !

I/O

Please stop it the FX CPU are a fine value for money option and they run games just fine as depicted here when some people today tried to hate on FX claiming that it is "So terrible" at running Crysis 3 even though it runs it just fine.

Screenshot83_zps83cc408b.jpg

Why bring it up when it's only going to end up the same way...

People Bashing the FX no matter what you post.... No matter what proof/source material you have..

People will derail it.

/yes I know I'm guilty of it too... I have my specific use case opinions.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

one game. 3 times more heat and power, shitty old mobos. ye good job.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why bring it up when it's only going to end up the same way...

People Bashing the FX no matter what you post.... No matter what proof/source material you have..

People will derail it.

/yes I know I'm guilty of it too... I have my specific use case opinions.

I just hate all the lies spread about the FX chips. It's a misunderstood piece of tech is all.

I have a 8350 at 4.65GHZ and it idles at 20C on average. So the hotter argument doesn't really matter. Now I will admit that it does take a lot more power to run, but I love my OC'd 8 core

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I don't think many people will be comparing the top tier cpus for gaming at that point we should be looking at their performance in other things such as rendering and what not.. they do perform better in some situations but over unfortunately the Intel i7's and xeons out perform overall and in the end are slightly better... not sure what the price comparisons are like but yea they also require more power and produce more heat which will affect someone decision 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

hey... 

twice bro, twice 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

we bash them because there old, inefficient and not particularly amazing in anyway.

Besides value for money ya they are not the best performance but they are the best performance for the money.

I don't think many people will be comparing the top tier cpus for gaming at that point we should be looking at their performance in other things such as rendering and what not.. they do perform better in some situations but over unfortunately the Intel i7's out perform overall and in the end are slightly better... not sure what the price comparisons are like but yea they also require more power and produce more heat which will affect someone decision 

i7 $300+

8350 ~$150

The i7 is not twice the performance 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

i7 $300+

8350 ~$150

dang they are that cheap?? i guess another thing to think about would be power consumption and heat

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Besides value for money ya they are not the best performance but they are the best performance for the money.

There was a thread with two platforms of an i5/Mobo to suit, and an FX 8350 and Mobo to suit, Similar pricing...as within $20 of eachother..

So I dunno about that fact to be honest....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

There was a thread with two platforms of an i5/Mobo to suit, and an FX 8350 and Mobo to suit, Similar pricing...as within $20 of eachother..

in gaming since most games still utilize one core intels cpus have much more powerful single core performance but the performance is most likely minimal 

But saving 150$ on the power bill

Hope your meaning to be funny...

Cos not really.. it's more like $30-50  or something like that over the whole year....

This has been calculated before, but I'm not going to do it here, you can google it.

in gaming since most games still utilize one core intels cpus have much more powerful single core performance but the performance is most likely minimal 

That has nothing to do with what I said, and I already know that.

I was referencing the fact that it is NOT dearer to get the intel i5 platform over the 8350 platform. (CPU/Mobo combo)

People keep stating it is.

Due to you needing a DECENT motherboard for the 8350 power delivery (esp if planning to OC) and the other fact you don't need to spend as much on the Intel mobo, negating the higher Intel CPU cost, being within a small amount of dollars between their costs for each CPU/Mobo combination.

You can get a decent mobo and 8320 for the price of an unlocked core i5 processor.

But saving 150$ on the power bill

No... 

CryEngine 3 -> multithread, especially done for Jaguar, what did you expect?

So we have BF4 and Crysis 3 that run wonderfully on the FX CPUs any more you can think of off the top of your head ?

Hope your meaning to be funny...

Cos not really.. it's more like $30-50  or something like that over the whole year....

This has been calculated before, but I'm not going to do it here, you can google it.

That has nothing to do with what I said, and I already know that.

Hope you are beeing funny, do you even pc bro.

30-50$... tzzz you can eaaaaasy spend over 300$ on the powerbill with a cpu heavy programm.

30-50$ not everyday gaming, not in this world

They make good heaters, which I certainly could take advantage of since the hot-water baseboard heating system in my home isn't too strong.

Also, wrong section.  ;)

Got to agree. 

AMD cpus are bashed with good reason.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

30-50$... tzzz you can eaaaaasy spend over 300$ on the powerbill with a cpu heavy programm.

NORMAL Real world use, not everyone is a gamer who plays everyday all day...

CPU heavy programs can add more yes, again.. NORMAL REAL WORLD USE FOR EVERYONE, not specifically certain types of use cases.

Got to agree. 

AMD cpus are bashed with good reason.

Yet you have just your opinion ?

at stock clocks its a you save $ 7.57 Per year. using intel

At overclocked you save $15.74 Per year using intel

This was tested at 4h per day At 100% load