Generic usb bluetooth dongle driver?

mynameislemos

Hey guys, I bought a chinese usb bluetooth dongle and my pc doesn't recognize it, any tips? I am using windows 8.1

t

Does it light up or anything?

Can you find it in Device Manager?

Sig under construction.

Does it light up or anything?

Can you find it in Device Manager?

It doesn't light up but it apears on device manager as "unknown usb device"

It doesn't light up but it apears on device manager as "unknown usb device"

Does it say malfunctioning or just as unknown device?

Does it give you any option to find drivers for it? I'm guessing that it will do and then fails to find anything.

I think you just bought a dud.

Sig under construction.

Does it say malfunctioning or just as unknown device?

Does it give you any option to find drivers for it? I'm guessing that it will do and then fails to find anything.

I think you just bought a dud.

It's unknown device and yes, it fails to find software. I checked on the web and people don't seem to have problems with it. On the compatibility list it doesn't list windows 8. Can that be the problem?

It's unknown device and yes, it fails to find software. I checked on the web and people don't seem to have problems with it. On the compatibility list it doesn't list windows 8. Can that be the problem?

Run it in compatibility mode for Windows Xp, Vista, 7 etc?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Run it in compatibility mode for Windows Xp, Vista, 7 etc?

run what? how?

run what? how?

Find the driver it installs wherever it may be (in the File Explorer), right click, "Properties," Compatiblity tab, check "run this program in compatibility mode" and select an old version of Windows. Keep changing the mode to an older/newer version until it works.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Find the driver it installs wherever it may be (in the File Explorer), right click, "Properties," Compatiblity tab, check "run this program in compatibility mode" and select an old version of Windows. Keep changing the mode to an older/newer version until it works.

still nothing...

@ionbasa

Help.

Who you gonna call? ionbasa!  :P (imagine the ghostbusters saying)

Anyway. OP, post a screenshot of what you see in device manager.

Follow this guide here and give us the Hardware ID: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/96442-device-manager-finding-unknown-devices.html

84222d1379283437t-device-manager-finding241933d1353178064-device-manager-finding

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Who you gonna call? ionbasa!  :P (imagine the ghostbusters saying)

Anyway. OP, post a screenshot of what you see in device manager.

Follow this guide here and give us the Hardware ID: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/96442-device-manager-finding-unknown-devices.html

Hey @ionbasa , here it is:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/lavTXQwCRadII-RKMp4zb0fwWkhD_A_OXJufTYMYwTenBF1PAQ8tx5A3FThwWNPnIRLUsKSvoMg=w1896-h835

Your link didn't work. Can you copy and paste the Hardware ID, like I showed in the previous post? Paste it in your reply.

With most bluetooth and wireless devices, there are OEM and chipset drivers available, so knowing the hardware ID will tell us what chipset your bluetooth adapter uses. But, if I had to take a guess, it sounds like possibly being a Qualcomm chipset, those have finicky driver support with Windows (in my experience).

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Your link didn't work. Can you copy and paste the Hardware ID, like I showed in the previous post? Paste it in your reply.

With most bluetooth and wireless devices, there are OEM and chipset drivers available, so knowing the hardware ID will tell us what chipset your bluetooth adapter uses. But, if I had to take a guess, it sounds like possibly being a Qualcomm chipset, those have finicky driver support with Windows (in my experience).

So... I think I bought a dud: "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE"

Pretty strong evidence.

Sig under construction.

Bingo. Yup, its a dud.

Have you tried it on other computers or an a laptop? If they all show the same thing, then you just bought a paperweight, not sure where you bought it from, but maybe return it?

Next time maybe get something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833139027

It's cheap and has decent reviews on Newegg.