fx 8350 does not like my msi 970 gaming motherboard

So i have an AMD FX 8350 on a MSI 970 gaming motherboard, and they don't seem to like each other. The cpu is running like half as good as it should be meaning it set my cores to run at 1400 mhz and the cpu volts to .912 ( i dont know if that what they are suppose to be but that seems kinda low to me). So my question is how can i get it to run normally like how can i get it to run at my stock cpu speed?

Are you sure it's just not automatically downclocking to save power?

So i have an AMD FX 8350 on a MSI 970 gaming motherboard, and they don't seem to like each other. The cpu is running like half as good as it should be meaning it set my cores to run at 1400 mhz and the cpu volts to .912 ( i dont know if that what they are suppose to be but that seems kinda low to me). So my question is how can i get it to run normally like how can i get it to run at my stock cpu speed?

msi 970 gaming motherboard? hue?

Buy a better motherboard...

Sorry you got sucked into the AMD scam, but that platform is dead, and it costs more money than Intel because you need high end motherboards with at least 6+2 VRM phase design for stock, and 8+2 for overclocking, PLUS aftermarket cooling.  Those processors are old, and very power hungry, they require proper motherboards to deliver consistent power to the processor, and that motherboard is not up to the task.

Right now, your best option is to buy a new motherboard, the least expensive being the Gigabyte 970 UD3P.  Or you can sell what you have and switch to Intel which will benefit you now and in the long run.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

by the way i can't buy another motherboard, ive had this one for like 50 days and i got it because it was an sli ready board.

Probably the power saving modes, set these in the BIOS

msi 970 gaming motherboard? hue?

http://ca.msi.com/product/mb/970_GAMING.html

Buy a better motherboard...

Sorry you got sucked into the AMD scam, but that platform is dead, and it costs more money than Intel because you need high end motherboards with at least 6+2 VRM phase design for stock, and 8+2 for overclocking, PLUS aftermarket cooling.  Those processors are old, and very power hungry, they require proper motherboards to deliver consistent power to the processor, and that motherboard is not up to the task.

Right now, your best option is to buy a new motherboard, the least expensive being the Gigabyte 970 UD3P.  Or you can sell what you have and switch to Intel which will benefit you now and in the long run.

Seriously dude? That's just misleading information. The MSI 970 Gaming is 6+2 phase VRM. It's perfectly able to handle a 8350 at stock speeds.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

the MSI 970 gaming is a strong 6+2 motherboard that even support SLI mate ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

the MSI 970 gaming is a strong 8+2 motherboard that even support SLI mate ;)

It's 6+2 bruh

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Motherboards/MSI-970-Gaming-Motherboard-Review-AM3-Gets-Something-New-Change/Power-and-Overc

it could be but i dont know how to "overclock/stockclock" it back to its stock clock 

When you do something taxing it should automatically go the the max clock speed

yes a i corrected already just a second after i posted you are darn quick at quoting bruh! ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Ahh you're right, must be a newer motherboard.

It is 6+2, my mistake.  Something else might be the problem then.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

OP is the CPU downclocking like that when UNDER LOAD or only on IDLE?

When you do something taxing it should automatically go the the max clock speed

yeah but i was getting like a solid 100 fps in skyrim on ultra with my old 97r2.0 asus motherboard and now it gets like 30 fps ( this is with a gtx 770 2gb, also msi)

and the idle temps right now are about 14 C and with the asus mobo they were like 23 C

yeah but i was getting like a solid 100 fps in skyrim on ultra with my old 97r2.0 asus motherboard and now it gets like 30 fps ( this is with a gtx 770 2gb, also msi)

oh. Double-check your settings in the BIOS

Yep it's (surprisingly) a new 970 board by MSI. Even though AM3+ is dead I guess they had to do something to redeem themselves from their other AM3+ boards which were utter crap. Somehow they managed to get SLI working on the 970 Gaming as well.

Yep it's (surprisingly) a new 970 board by MSI. Even though AM3+ is dead I guess they had to do something to redeem themselves from their other AM3+ boards which were utter crap. Somehow they managed to get SLI working on the 970 Gaming as well.

Yea, I jumped the gun on that, as you said, surprising that a new AM3+ motherboard would be released, I just assumed, (and made an ass of myself) that he had an older MSI 970 motherboard.

It still costs $99 though... I don't get it, at that point just buy a 990FX.  But even then, you're approaching locked i5 territory price wise.  They got these guys hook, line, and sinker with the cores and ghz mumbo jumbo.

i tried upping the voltage a little and now it starts but it doesn't display anything, like my monitors don't react at all.  i had this problem when i first got the board and i just waited like 20 min and it started 

It still costs $99 though... I don't get it, at that point just buy a 990FX. But even then, you're approaching locked i5 territory price wise. They got these guys hook, line, and sinker with the cores and ghz mumbo jumbo.

eeh there's reasons I'd choose an 8-core FX over a locked i5, but gaming isn't one of them.

i tried upping the voltage a little and now it starts but it doesn't display anything, like my monitors don't react at all. i had this problem when i first got the board and i just waited like 20 min and it started

I think your board is bad dude

i tried upping the voltage a little and now it starts but it doesn't display anything, like my monitors don't react at all.  i had this problem when i first got the board and i just waited like 20 min and it started 

Don't increase voltage, you need to lower voltage, get that heat output down.

If you see 1400mhz or your FSB x7.00 then that is a power saving/quiet feature.

If you see it dump down to 3400mhz while under load then go back up to it's clock speed then that would be throttling.

Never raise voltage unless you are sure your temps are fine. 

You should never have to wait that long for the PC to start.

Did you remove all of your old drivers off the SSD/HDD? Chipset, mobo, ethernet, USB....?

Did you set the board to AHCI in the bios? 

Did you manually set the ram timings in the bios to what you see on the ram website or packaging? For example. (10-12-12-31)

If you see 1400mhz or your FSB x7.00 then that is a power saving/quiet feature.

If you see it dump down to 3400mhz while under load then go back up to it's clock speed then that would be throttling.

Never raise voltage unless you are sure your temps are fine. 

You should never have to wait that long for the PC to start.

Did you remove all of your old drivers off the SSD/HDD? Chipset, mobo, ethernet, USB....?

Did you set the board to AHCI in the bios? 

Did you manually set the ram timings in the bios to what you see on the ram website or packaging? For example. (10-12-12-31)

yes

i dont know, so probably no

and no, but i did under clock my ram. its stock is 2133mhz and i set it to 1866mhz cas of 11

and right now ive unplugged it and taken out the battery and just going to wait 30min for it to reset the bios