A dark theme for LinusTechTips

To be honest I'd like to see this thread pinned, I'm surprised it hasn't been to be honest.

I just saw this thread and let me tell you the dark theme fixed the same problem Askew had for me, only I was using the official dark theme and my font was completely black (unable to see the font unless I highlighted everything on the page). Now I can see my font and comment faster without having to stop every few seconds. :)

Also, great theme! Stylish is awesome! :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I just saw this thread and let me tell you the dark theme fixed the same problem Askew had for me, only I was using the official dark theme and my font was completely black (unable to see the font unless I highlighted everything on the page). Now I can see my font and comment faster without having to stop every few seconds. :)

Also, great theme! Stylish is awesome! :D

That's really odd, the forum's native night themes were fine for me text input wise...

I'm now not convinced that the update to this theme specifically caused the issue, also the text box text is super bright now compared to how the text looks when it's actually posted. :wacko:

The actual 'posted' posts text colour/brightness with this custom theme+IPBoard theme on the forum is 100% perfect.

That's really odd, the forum's native night themes were fine for me text input wise...

I'm now not convinced that the update to this theme specifically caused the issue, also the text box text is super bright now compared to how the text looks when it's actually posted. :wacko:

The actual 'posted' posts text colour/brightness with this custom theme+IPBoard theme on the forum is 100% perfect.

It was probably something on my end (Firefox theme or something), but it would turn black on black and made typing/seeing difficult. I had my own stylish code for it, but Firefox updated and for some reason it wouldn't accept the changes anymore.

I would suggest the part of code in the stylish for you so that you could manually change the color (while waiting for help) but it looks like it is tied to a CSS file offsite and changing it means changing the background color. :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

it is tied to a CSS file offsite and changing it means changing the background color.

Can you explain what this means please? I don't know anything about any kind of coding even if it's a stylish theme. :mellow:

Can you explain what this means please? I don't know anything about any kind of coding even if it's a stylish theme. :mellow:

Well, when I was just messing around in his theme to change the color to a slightly darker shade I found that altering the code that changes the font, also changed the background (and font of previous posts) color to whatever color I had selected for the font in the post menu. For example, if I wanted my text this color, it would also change the background color of the forum to that color. I also found that altering the font color also altered the shadow over the font/posting menu.

However, I found that editing it like this:

/*LTT Front page - BETA - Start*/body p{    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0) !important;    color:#THIS IS THE COLOR YOU CHANGE !important;}body{    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0) !important;}

(put "#ff8899" where "THIS IS THE COLOR YOU CHANGE" is and you will see the change and know what it does. Then you can go back and edit it to whatever color you desire. :) )

made it so were the change did not occur to the background, (this was also without the AUTO UPDATE script as I found that was causing refresh problems or odd changes, or even no changes at all) however changing it did change the color in the signatures and some other places.

So if you want to alter the font color, find "LTT" in the stylish theme and edit the line "color:#fff !important;" line, changing "#fff" to "#yourcolor". :)

Well

Thanks a lot!

I'll have a look at it in a bit, appreciated. :)

I like it, BBBBUUUUUTTTTT my inner design freak has one qualm.

The standard themes are nice and flat, but yours has some 3D effects on bars and buttons. Just some constructive criticism.

I'm the designer for the upcoming LTT Firefox extension revamp, and I would love to make a couple of inspirational renders in Ai for you, to get my point across.

My work:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/105653-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-notifier-for-firefox/page-13#entry2170240

Flat FTW :)

I like it, BBBBUUUUUTTTTT my inner design freak has one qualm.

The standard themes are nice and flat, but yours has some 3D effects on bars and buttons. Just some constructive criticism.

I'm the designer for the upcoming LTT Firefox extension revamp, and I would love to make a couple of inspirational renders in Ai for you, to get my point across.

My work:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/105653-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-notifier-for-firefox/page-13#entry2170240

Flat FTW :)

Nice, I also feel that it need more flat design but also like the new goggle design to have a sense of depth. You can also download change the css to what ever you like :)

Googles new design - http://www.polymer-project.org/components/paper-elements/demo.html

http://alphaapplication.com/linus_theme/theme_01.css - With restricted witdh

http://alphaapplication.com/linus_theme/theme_02.css - Without restricted witdh

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

I updated the theme with a few tweaks. :)

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

• 1 month later...

I updated the theme with a few tweaks. :)

Any news on an update for the white box around the avatar bud ?

Looks great BTW :)

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

TY

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

So I tried night theme again after seeing someone else using it and got annoyed by its not dark and contrasty enough-ness. After that failed attempt I decided to finally give this theme a try and I really like it. i think im going to have to change some of the stuff in my sig from black though...

you are a god! Thank you so much! Now I can actually enjoy LTT after dark :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I love dark themes, once you go dark... :D

Thanks for this man, I really appreciate it! Is it possible to use this on iPad?

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I love dark themes, once you go dark... :D

Thanks for this man, I really appreciate it! Is it possible to use this on iPad?

get tapatalk app if you can it makes browsing forums on mobile devices so much better. I eblieve you can get a dark theme for it.

• 2 weeks later...

sweet, but I personally think the 'linustechtips' at the top looks better with the regular font and color.

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Love the theme but pretty please update this, The white boxes around the avatars are riving me nuts ^_^

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Love the theme but pretty please update this, The white boxes around the avatars are riving me nuts ^_^

Thanks! Sorry but I have been busy lately but I have fixed it now! :)

Thanks! Sorry but I have been busy lately but I have fixed it now! :)

white box is still there bud

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

I really liked what you did, kept it simple but the coloring is really on point, right on!!!

white box is still there bud

Take a screenshot and what browser are you using? :)

Take a screenshot and what browser are you using? :)

Firefox -

Yf5J9VO.jpg

I have tried it on chrome aswell but it shows the same white box.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Firefox -

Yf5J9VO.jpg

I have tried it on chrome aswell but it shows the same white box.

I dont have that white box. Do you have the latest version of the theme?