ISPs must take responsibility for Sony movie leaks, MP Says

XTankSlayerX

Yeah, I saw it in the theatre a couple weeks ago. But I wouldn't pirate it, go to the theatres instead, its a better experience.

Meh theatres here are pretty shitty I'd rather watch a movie at home with my own equipment sure my screens not as big but nor are the pixels and my sound blows away any theatre I've ever been to not to mention I'm free to eat what I like or smoke or pause and take a piss lol. 

I still wouldn't suggest pirating it though rather just wait and pick it up on BR if it's any good.

Sony have no one to blame but themselves how ever they've had piss weak security for years they've known that and elected to do nothing to solve it so in this case I'm also not strongly against piracy (i'd put it on par with downloading GoT or The Walking Dead which I know a hell of a lot of my friends do rather then wait weeks to watch it and I'm fine with that)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

they stole 11 TB data. 11 TB. You do not download that overnight, or without anyone noticing it. it is just massive both in file size and data transfer.

And if you want to leave the site with them, it will take 11 SSD/ 3-4 HDD, and it is not the most elegant, but can be sorted. but in this case, no ISP involved

I thought it was 110 TB of data?

I thought it was 110 TB of data?

anyways, we are talking about large amount of data, that would be hard not to see, and will take loads of time to download

Or takes incredible amount(30-110) hard drives to steal this data, and that is a lot as well

Something is not too right about it

anyways, we are talking about large amount of data, that would be hard not to see, and will take loads of time to download

Or takes incredible amount(30-110) hard drives to steal this data, and that is a lot as well

Something is not too right about it

30 to 110 hard drives? You're aware there's more then a few 6tb hard drives right? so you should at very least change that to 18+  ;)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

30 to 110 hard drives? You're aware there's more then a few 6tb hard drives right? so you should at very least change that to 18+  ;)

6 TB? Since SSD, I did not really looked into HDDs, for me 3-4TB were the largest as far as I knew :$

But you get what I say. Whichever technique they used, SSD, HDD, internet, we are still talking about massive amount of data, that is hard to move physically (copy it to a drive) or logically( internet). 

6 TB? Since SSD, I did not really looked into HDDs, for me 3-4TB were the largest as far as I knew :$

But you get what I say. Whichever technique they used, SSD, HDD, internet, we are still talking about massive amount of data, that is hard to move physically (copy it to a drive) or logically( internet).

No argument on it being a crap ton of data :)  I'm sure there's a few consumer grade 8tb drives now but I've personally used a few 6tb so I stuck with that. (no real need to store movies on SSD  ;) )

No argument on it being a crap ton of data :)  I'm sure there's a few consumer grade 8tb drives now but I've personally used a few 6tb so I stuck with that. (no real need to store movies on SSD  ;) )

after my.... folder grew to 300 GB of... videos and pictures, i might need to consider a new HDD named P...rivate drive. that 6TB might be enough

Anyway, since SSd prices are fine and I do not use too much space, apart from The folder,I am strongly thinking getting into SSD only for next build

Anyway, if they want to move large amount of data quickly, and heck, you want to steal shit as quickly as you can, especiall at 110TB every second saved can add up, you might want to use SSDs...

after my.... folder grew to 300 GB of... videos and pictures, i might need to consider a new HDD named P...rivate drive. that 6TB might be enough

Anyway, since SSd prices are fine and I do not use too much space, apart from The folder,I am strongly thinking getting into SSD only for next build

Anyway, if they want to move large amount of data quickly, and heck, you want to steal shit as quickly as you can, especiall at 110TB every second saved can add up, you might want to use SSDs...

I'm Australian man an SSD wouldn't help me steal data any faster maybe if i had physical access sure otherwise I'm limited by my crappy 20/1 internet lol 

If I had a little more cash I'd have loved a SSD only build but I needed a little more space then i could have afforded in SSD so i went SSD and SSHD for my main machine my HTPC features all mechanical storage though  :( 

300GB? I think my movie/tv collection is about 30tb at the moment my Stargate folder alone is 320gb

I'm Australian man an SSD wouldn't help me steal data any faster maybe if i had physical access sure otherwise I'm limited by my crumpy 20/1 internet lol 

If I had a little more cash I'd have loved a SSD only build but I needed a little more space then i could have afforded in SSD so i went SSD and SSHD for my main machine my HTPC features all mechanical storage though  :(

they say it might be an inside job, so they might had access to the servers physically and that data traffic can be seen easily

I still have an HDD and SSD in my main PC, as I had the HDD, so why would I throw it away.

they stole 11 TB data. 11 TB. You do not download that overnight, or without anyone noticing it. it is just massive both in file size and data transfer.

And if you want to leave the site with them, it will take 11 SSD/ 3-4 HDD, and it is not the most elegant, but can be sorted. but in this case, no ISP involved

Potentially you could do it pretty quickly. Just lie about bringing in a shuttle PC being brought back from repairs, fill it with a bunch of SSD's hidden in the back panel, Connect all of them to the network via SATA and I would imagine you could do a little every now and then so no one notices it. Or you could just steal one of the backups.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Potentially you could do it pretty quickly. Just lie about bringing in a shuttle PC being brought back from repairs, fill it with a bunch of SSD's hidden in the back panel, Connect all of them to the network via SATA and I would imagine you could do a little every now and then so no one notices it. Or you could just steal one of the backups.

but still, there must be a sign, that incredible amount of data just flow through the systems, or the backups, that should be protected, many tapes and drives got nicked...

11 TB or 110 TB are not amount of data that is unnoticeable on a network or physically.. of course, except if there is a person whose job is not to notice it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Is it just me or does it seem like the UK bends too easily to the will of big corporate. I mean sure they have their Universal Health Care, but aside from that what's so great about the UK nowadays? Their students are in debt even though they've been pushing for Universal Education, their poor are being evicted from their lofts because they can't afford "market rate" even though they've been living there for ages and now they want enforcer ISPs even though there should be net neutrality.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

Is it just me or does it seem like the UK bends too easily to the will of big corporate. I mean sure they have their Universal Health Care, but aside from that what's so great about the UK nowadays? Their students are in debt even though they've been pushing for Universal Education, their poor are being evicted from their lofts because they can't afford "market rate" even though they've been living there for ages and now they want enforcer ISPs even though there should be net neutrality.

About uni part: we have low interests on the loan that we get and it is deleted after 20 years. it is a very good loan

Health care is great

Politics is meh

but we have great teas, great banters and massive clubs

compared to US, the UK student has very good and cheaper education, free healthcare, less murders, more tea, better banters and generally, shitty weather.

I can ask the same question about US, but I do not, as there is pros and cons for every counrty

About uni part: we have low interests on the loan that we get and it is deleted after 20 years. it is a very good loan

Health care is great

Politics is meh

but we have great teas, great banters and massive clubs

compared to US, the UK student has very good and cheaper education, free healthcare, less murders, more tea, better banters and generally, shitty weather.

I can ask the same question about US, but I do not, as there is pros and cons for every counrty

When comparing the US it's better to do it by state. Each state has different things and it's only across the board when it's a federal thing. For the most part states have a lot of liberty.

I could say in California you have weed, free healthcare, avocados and fresh produce, access to the 8th largest economy in the world and technology. I hesitate to put the last one but I've been to other parts of states where technology wasn't as common. The classrooms were ancient looking. Plus if you get accepted to a university and you're poor the state gives you grants. We also have a new model for business taxation that should further enrich the state. Basically if you sell something here, you pay taxes here, regardless of what state your company is located in. More states should have that.

Edit: I think that we have some great consumer protections. I know you guys have a lot of those too. It just seems like your current set up is enforced by big business. I can say that of my country at the federal level, but it does not look that way to me at the state level.

Blah Blah. No one really cares Sony. 

Honestly don't pull a ubisoft and blame everyone. Why not blame Ikea while you're at it since they were using an ikea table at the time. However I do not agree with all the personal details being leaked like that.

Prime example of not reading the OP right here.

Prime example of not reading the OP right here.

I read over that post and it didn't stand out to me, I just thought he was going off on his own tangent. I now realize he didn't even read that Sony isn't involved, it's the UK government. lulz. Thanks for the laugh.

When comparing the US it's better to do it by state. Each state has different things and it's only across the board when it's a federal thing. For the most part states have a lot of liberty.

I could say in California you have weed, free healthcare, avocados and fresh produce, access to the 8th largest economy in the world and technology. I hesitate to put the last one but I've been to other parts of states where technology wasn't as common. The classrooms were ancient looking. Plus if you get accepted to a university and you're poor the state gives you grants. We also have a new model for business taxation that should further enrich the state. Basically if you sell something here, you pay taxes here, regardless of what state your company is located in. More states should have that.

Edit: I think that we have some great consumer protections. I know you guys have a lot of those too. It just seems like your current set up is enforced by big business. I can say that of my country at the federal level, but it does not look that way to me at the state level.

As far as I see the biggest problem is that you have not lived in UK and do not know what is happening here and vice versa.

We do not have weed (legally), free healthcare check, avocados= we have tescos (kinda checkish), we have technology and great economy too. We have grants as well ( up to £3250, $5000, +same for living, it cost like £9000x2 for uni and for living) 

Both countries/states has its pros and cons, it is largely depends on the type of the people which one he prefers.

For example I would die in the summer there :(

sorry for the OFF

but still, there must be a sign, that incredible amount of data just flow through the systems, or the backups, that should be protected, many tapes and drives got nicked...

11 TB or 110 TB are not amount of data that is unnoticeable on a network or physically.. of course, except if there is a person whose job is not to notice it.

Well Sony didn't notice it. And if a company stores it's passwords and account details on Excel spreadsheets maybe they should go under. Sony is big enough to not do that so why the fuck do they. I store all my passwords safely (not saying how) but it's not in any digital format I can tell you that. This has happened in the past also and it looks like they are unwilling to learn from their mistakes. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

As far as I see the biggest problem is that you have not lived in UK and do not know what is happening here and vice versa.

We do not have weed (legally), free healthcare check, avocados= we have tescos (kinda checkish), we have technology and great economy too. We have grants as well ( up to £3250, $5000, +same for living, it cost like £9000x2 for uni and for living) 

Both countries/states has its pros and cons, it is largely depends on the type of the people which one he prefers.

For example I would die in the summer there :(

sorry for the OFF

Nicest way I've ever been told to shut my gob. lol.

I admit I've never set foot in the UK, this stuff is just what I've seen on the news.

Summer is great if you live near the cost or have air conditioning. If you are anywhere near Death Valley though... x_x

I didn't mean to take a crack at your country, this just seemed too much like the MP of yours saying, "come on guys, protect this big business!" All while giving the shaft to net neutrality.

Sony has resources to invest in top notch security. If this just means nothing can really be protected...well they aren't trying hard enough I bet.

Just have a separate room for working in movies that isn't connected to the internet. ;) I have files that no one but me could access because I store them unconnected to the network and I'm no security expert. If I was paranoid and wanted to be anal about it I would disconnect from the network while working on them if plugging into a networked computer. The best solution is probably an unnetworked terminal.

They don't value their security enough if it seems like too much of a hassle to transfer a completed movie to a USB before printing.

The ISPs are the ones who made Sony Pictures put passwords in files labelled passwords along with all other kinds of personal financial and medical information? ISPs are the ones who told Sony Pictures to put all those files on a server that for whatever fucking reason is accessible over the internet? 

Sony is a disgrace. These clowns never learn. How do we know they don't learn? Cause the PSN hack that exposed information didn't cause ANY change in the procedures. Nothing. As evidenced here by Sony Pictures living up to the glorious precedent established by Sony Entertainment. 

Fuck off, you hacks. Swallow the pride, fix your mistakes, move on. Oh, and I pray to god you get class action'd up the ass for this. Maybe one of the few times I'm cheering for a group of lawyers to come in and decimate your bank accounts. 

Blah Blah. No one really cares Sony. 

Honestly don't pull a ubisoft and blame everyone. Why not blame Ikea while you're at it since they were using an ikea table at the time. However I do not agree with all the personal details being leaked like that.

Why are you blaming Sony for this article? Just because theyre name is in it? You realize its not Sony blaming ISP's right?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Never underestimate the power of British banter. 

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Well Sony didn't notice it. And if a company stores it's passwords and account details on Excel spreadsheets maybe they should go under. Sony is big enough to not do that so why the fuck do they. I store all my passwords safely (not saying how) but it's not in any digital format I can tell you that. This has happened in the past also and it looks like they are unwilling to learn from their mistakes. 

but come on, how can you not see 110 TB data flowing out????? I meant, if they did not notice then either there is a brick, or the safety department must go and find a completely different career

Nicest way I've ever been told to shut my gob. lol.

1.I admit I've never set foot in the UK, this stuff is just what I've seen on the news.

2/Summer is great if you live near the cost or have air conditioning. If you are anywhere near Death Valley though... x_x

3.I didn't mean to take a crack at your country, this just seemed too much like the MP of yours saying, "come on guys, protect this big business!" All while giving the shaft to net neutrality.

4.Sony has resources to invest in top notch security. If this just means nothing can really be protected...well they aren't trying hard enough I bet.

5.Just have a separate room for working in movies that isn't connected to the internet. ;) I have files that no one but me could access because I store them unconnected to the network and I'm no security expert. If I was paranoid and wanted to be anal about it I would disconnect from the network while working on them if plugging into a networked computer. The best solution is probably an unnetworked terminal.

6.They don't value their security enough if it seems like too much of a hassle to transfer a completed movie to a USB before printing.

1. and same here about US, but still I have an opinion about you guys:)

2. for me this 15 ish degree just fine... although I must try that weather once

3. we have some bellends here and there, sorry about them

4. I am not sure wether it was a 3rd party who sorted the security, I read somewhere that they spent $250M on security... and thats a lot

5. That is why I think something is fishy, and drives were used physically

6. I do not even know why they had the preview version for movies that comes out next year...