Why do people hate Microsoft also?

Go to solution Solved by Cavin8,

They pulled a nvidia on us (they skipped 9) and I will hate them forever for that. NDnIG2j.gif

Game for windows live! (Pay2Play online)

"we care about Pc gaming" (Halo 2 Vista exclusive and not actually a DX10 game)

"we care about Pc gaming" (Tomb raider timed exclusive,Halo master chief exclusive to Xbone)

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I just dont like Windows as an OS that much, there are some great things about it, and lots of things I hate too

if I was not a gamer I would not be using windows I dont think

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The only reason I hated Microsoft is xbox. PC is the largest gaming platform and yet they still pushing for xbox,

Nothing wrong with pushing xbox, they have every right to do so.

But when they bribe devs to delay games on PC (windows) and other platforms (PS4), like what they did with Square Enix's upcoming Tomb Raider; then they have crossed a very dangerous line.

Vista was just ahead of its time and a bit poorly optimised. 7 runs a lot better than Vista on any PC.

Windows 10 runs even better.

Promising DX12 on Win7 and then later retracting that statement. Also DirectX has ruined Linux gaming

This

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Microsoft gets hate mainly for Xbox. They've done some bullshit too, can't hide that. But it in the end it doesn't really matter, they're still way better than that 'innovative' Apple.

Because 12 year olds need to "hate" something to feel edgy. 

Hate is a strong association. If you actually hate MS, then damn, did they try and bend you over or something? I dislike their practices and their licensing is pricey and their CS sucks something fierce on the consumer end but hate? 

Yikes, I want all your problems that I can have time to hate a company. 

Once Gabe Newell started throwing bacon and eggs at Microsoft, how could Microsoft's public image recover from such a reprimand?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Windows 10 is decent, and a system I don't mind using, but to be completely honest with you, if I could get all my games on linux I'd instantly switch. I wouldn't even think about it. I can't understand how it's acceptable for windows to use 2gb of ram in idle when an xfce system uses 260mb. I know it's in beta, but let's be honest, it's not going to change at release.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I like Windows 7, XP, the Original Xbox, the Xbox 360 once it was improved, windows 98 and Microsoft office 2010. That is because I have had no issues with them, and things just worked. Its not the same for their newer products unfortunately as they are pushing too much new stuff too fast.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

because it is not a completely closed system.

Why do I say it? I ran Win 7 for 2 years straight twice, on 2 separate machines, no OS related problems whereas my family computers needs loads of attention (win7/8.1).

There is the possibility of user error and people mistake their mistakes on the fault of the OS.

Windows 8 is a UI disaster, but after a few tweaks, win 8.1 is much much better. at multi monitor, it is beating win 7 for me.

everyone said about Xboxes here, but guys please, we are talking about a company, not a charity. They want to make money, and there is way more money in the consoles. We can pretend here we are the biggest ones, but until the numbers says it otherwise, it will not be different.

About the price: personally I got it for free from college and I will get it from Uni. so I do not have problem with it yet an for £60 it is okay... yet still a lot

The answer is simple: file caching. 1,2GB of those 2GB should be file cache, that is loaded by the system based on what you use (Superfetch) to make your experience snappier, but as you need, that space can be used by programs. :]

On Linux, the default action is to load only what is needed, and then let those loaded files to stay on the memory until the space occupied is needed. 

I know why it happens, I don't know why it's acceptable ^^ caching is ridiculous when ssds are getting more and more popular and I'm SICK of programs trying to "predict" what I will possibly want to do. It's just irritating, as is predictive text input. If I type "helo" I don't need my computer to correct it, I will either correct it myself or leave it like that because I like it.

Besides even 0.8gb is nonsense compared to 250mb. And the system will chug when it fills the ram even if part of that s caching, so it either needs to be implemented better or just go away imo.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

One thing that I have found interesting about windows xp (this is for the home edition), is that it's minimum requirements are: Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended) At least 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM (128 MB is recommended) At least 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available space on the hard disk. My Pentium 3 desktop (having troubles finding a HDD small enough for the Mobo to work with) is over double the minimum system requirements and its from 1998. Newer computers have a way steeper upgrade curve.

PMSL

Not releasing Master chief collection onto PC. They also tend to lie and ignore everyone, going only where the money lies.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

I know why it happens, I don't know why it's acceptable ^^ caching is ridiculous when ssds are getting more and more popular and I'm SICK of programs trying to "predict" what I will possibly want to do.

it's not ridiculous. All that ram is idling and it makes sense to put it to Good use in order to improve the user experience. If another program requires that memory it will be released.

Well for one, M$ produces garbage proprietary code (Maybe one day they will go open source and have transparency). Just look at how terrible Windows and Windows 8 with Modern ui are.

Also included is an NSA backdoor.(Offering a free offsite backup :P) Don't mind my rant, but i will just suggest not to use Windows 10 or Office.

Ill leave this link here: https://teksyndicate.com/forum/linux/new-gaming-distro-play-linux/185374

I just love 8.1, much...much better than 7.  So much faster and snappier.  I actually like metro UI...no problems here, even though I don't use it much.  All games run so much faster than 7 even old games.  I used to loathe their flat graphics, but I got used to it over time.  Best of all no BSOD so far (knock on wood).  If win 10 lives up to its expectations, then it's MS forever for me..... BUT! if MS decides to go the subscription route without giving the end user the option to buy a key then MS can go F itself.

Because they're a "soft" company that does encourage their developers to think outside the box and fund R&D, but instead use talented developer to write DRM and wastes their funds on overly mediocre product so lacking for what I guess is for the mental disable then wonder why did that product flop then lay off their developers to recoup the cost. ...And Indians are stereo typically known to love C#. 

Try setting up windows XP with DirectX 10 and 11, once its up and running with just drivers and antivirus, I can get it using less than 200MB RAM, 1MB vRAM (windows classic look), and since xp can run on cpus as slow as 133MHZ, there is less of a performance hit as well.

PMSL

Pricing, Xbox

I don't hate them though, I just don't like them, I am very neutral about MS

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

If I am honest its due to just a lack of focus from the guys at Redmond, 

Xbox One: 

-Why One? Microsoft, WHY U NO KNOW HOW TO NAME STUFF.

-Kinect included with every console so devs can take advantage of it, then a few months later makes a kinectless Xbox One and only drops the price a small amount? WTH.

-DRM issue before the launch, Sony calls them out on it, Microsoft Backtracks.

-Console the size of a Betamax Player and the power supply is STILL external!

And thats just the tip of the iceberg mind I'm not saying the PS4 is perfect however its launch has been a rather bit smoother for Sony rather than Microsoft.

Windows:

-Windows 8 aka Metro Edition. I actually quite like the "Metro" interface but on a Desktop PC with a Keyboard and a Mouse ..... Makes no sense.

-Microsoft has a large marketshare when it comes to client PCs in enterprise however why on earth make an interface which you then have to re-train staff on?? Was Windows 8 an attempt to force everyone in enterprise to install Windows 7 or something?

-Windows 10 being what what Windows 8 Should be, I mean should have been easy for Microsoft, 4 Windows 8 Editions: Touch (Used in Intel Tablets and Touch Screen PCs) Touch RT (For ARM Based Tablets) Professional (With the old start menu but with compatibility with "Metro Apps" Enterprise (Basicly Windows 7 but with Windows 8 enhancements). For all the hate Apple gets they got it right, used the underpinnings of OSX with a different UI for touch devices.

I mean the list goes on but you get what I mean, Every company releases really good stuff and stuff we wish we could put in a bag and burn it. Apple's newest thing which hasn't even been released yet the iWatch looks like a turd covered in glitter however it will still sell like hotcakes because OMG APPLE. 

Its just at the moment Microsoft are serving more Turds covered with Glitter than any other company I know of at the moment. As long as Windows 10 (aka Windows 8.whatitshouldhavebeen) is free for Windows 8 users (Or very very cheap I mean £10 or $15). 

I actually Like Windows 8 when I've installed Classic Shell, Fast Bootup, really responsive, updates which don't kill your system, Driver installation which is almost as easy as a Mac. My Windows 8 Machine boots as fast as my Mac Pro even though it has a 7200RPM Hard Drive. (MacPro has a Samsung SSD).

/End Essay

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know but people have gotten into this weird habit of comparing a cheap desktop PC with Windows on it to an expensive Mac with iOS on it and then criticizing Windows saying it is slow. People like to spend a lot of money on a Mac but spend as little as possible on Windows and then expects the Windows computer to be capable of the same things as the Mac. That's not how it works. I can't stand fanboys.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

OK, let's not jump to conclusions about Vista; it was a great operating system.

GUI was great. Was just such a RAM hog upon release. 

Most new machines released in that era had 2GB of RAM and could barely run it. Vista business (just used it recently) after a fresh install used 1.3GB of RAM idle.

Further optimizations addressed and fixed the issue, but it was too late, people stuck with XP.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.