Why do people hate Microsoft also?

Go to solution Solved by Cavin8,

They pulled a nvidia on us (they skipped 9) and I will hate them forever for that. NDnIG2j.gif

I went from neutral to loads of M$ hate within the past two weeks. I'll start with Bing: When I started using Bing, it was because Google had removed 1 essential feature on mobile: full sized images. Ever since then, I have signed up for Bing rewards and started recommending Bing to others, but then something happened to Bing and now it seems like a brain dead zombie is choosing results(Search "Microsoft Band", it says "do you mean Microsoft smartwatch". Really?). And the one feature that made me switch to Bing, they removed(and Google added back), so it looks like they turned something with potential into a pile of dog crap.

Windows: The whole licencing thing has always rustled my jimmies. Paying $200 for a operating system is just too much IMO(every version leading up to 7). Then Windows 8 came along, and while it didn't cost a arm and a leg, but it was just terrible to use. It was glitchy, poorly thought out, and not a worthy upgrade to the previous verision of Windows(7). 8.1 has been fine, its just that I wish Microsoft still made it mandatory to include restore disks with computers(because restore partitions are a terrible solution). I really hope they make W10 a free upgrade to 8/8.1, because I am tired of paying for Windows.

Xbox Music: When it works, its great, but when it works is also a miracle. Downloading your music is fine, but the occasional outdated DRM certificates are irritating to deal with. Streaming is just a mess, and M$ knows that. Its almost always down and the radio feature they removed* ruined the entire service for me. Now, they only removed the radio feature from WP and W8, so why they are hurting their own platforms is beyond me. Also it costs $100 per year. At this cost there better be a radio and outages should be kept to a minimum.

Xbox: You have to pay monthly for this crap.

Office: I get why they have a monthly subscription, but I want a standalone version that can be used on more than "2 devices". Its 2014, office suites shouldn't cost this much much(which is why I use OpenOffice).

Windows Phone: 8: It was smooth, but it was a not well though out operating system. It was missing too many features for 2013/2014. Now Windows Phone 8.1: It finally added what 8 was missing, a notification center, quick toggles, and much more, but theres a catch, lag. It seems like 8.1 on my Lumia 925 was designed by Ubisoft, because it cant display more than 25 fps, and combine this with the newly introduced lag, its almost like no optimization was done.

Back to Windows: Its almost like Microsoft wants people to pirate it, because obtaining a legal copy is damn near impossible(with my scenario). Lets say you have a computer that had Windows pre installed on it, but something happens to the HDD(lets assume it dies or you upgrade to something else). It no longer has the restore partition, so you can just download Windows with the Windows upgrade/download tool right? Nope, because the product key isn't compatible(OEM keys are not supported). So there are two options: Buy a new copy(even though you already have a key) or illegally(since M$ has removed most of the legal copies from the web).

GFWL: Theres a reason why this is dead, many of them actually. I'm just glad it is dead, but Microsoft did try forcing this on us.

I know this can be kind of ranty, but it just seems like Microsoft is a combination of greedy and careless for their customers(or us, the people). Once they can deliver products that rent half baked and lighten up with the pricing, then I might go back to "liking" them(for now, I will use my "legit" copies of windows and alternative services).

Rule 1 of fanboys: they don't care about opinions, whatever they fan about is superior.

He wasn't being a fanboy, he was just saying his opinion. You're looking like the REAlL fanboy here..

The biggest bottleneck is the Aussie internet..

CPU: i5 4690k @ 3.5 | GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 | Storage: 2TB HDD, 500GB HDD & 120GB SSD | CPU Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo x 2 fans | Case: ThermalTake S41 

Display: 2 x 1080p Monitors | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: DragonWar Phantom Battle Version | Mouse Pad: Logitech G240 | Audio: Logitech z506 Speakers & Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Misc: PS3, Iphone 5s & Ipad Air 

I got my first new computer at the start of Februrary with Windows 7 installed. I found out a month later that support was ending. WTF are they thinking, after seeing what vista was like and even using it, and then going from XP to 7 they had clearly built the true successor to their previous OSs. Now I will be forced to fork out a shitload of money just to be able to use the latest programs next year. And come on, only a single service pack for 7 when all other versions of the OS received more? I'm sensing money grabbing.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

We always had Linux and OpenGL.

Mac OSX is actually based on Unix like Linux, it even runs some background optimizations that are carried from unix directly (can't remember exactly what they are or the times they are scheduled-but if the optimizations aren't run Mac OS crawl)

PMSL

Hatred for any company usually stems from uneducated opinions that surface when fanboys get bored.

No sir, it's usually just shitty products and business practices

The only reason I hated Microsoft is xbox. PC is the largest gaming platform and yet they still pushing for xbox, I wanted to love you Microsoft, but you have to get your crap together.

No sir, it's usually just shitty products and business practices

That's a reason to not buy a product, or to prefer a different brand.  But it is not a reason to "hate" a company.

I prefer windows over OSX, for many reasons, but I do not hate apple for those same reasons.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Because of the stupid Activation system and their lie about Windows XP. 

But I love Windows 8! 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

XP was brilliant compared to previous versions of windows, vista was a lemon, windows 7 is brilliant, windows 8 had loads of bugs and removed features, 8.1 was a fix and is ok (its slower than windows 7 on an ultra book with an ssd) 10 looks promising.

PMSL

You can say the same for Apple, if I had a choice between Microsoft or Apple I would go with Apple just because the general consumer base does tend to be more progressive than the Microsoft consumer base. Though the reason I can see Microsoft getting hate is basically for reasons pertaining to Xbox, Surface, OneDrive, and Nokia.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Only problem I have with Windows is it just doesn't feel like a fast OS whenever I use it. The UI often stutters on less powerful machines while on my Linux box, it never does. Even though it has more bells and whistles.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Only problem I have with Windows is it just doesn't feel like a fast OS whenever I use it. The UI often stutters on less powerful machines while on my Linux box, it never does. Even though it has more bells and whistles.

Try one of their older versions of windows-the load speeds are insane on a normal HDD and when you put them on an SSD... (And a lot of bells and whistles found in windows come from linux)

PMSL

OK, let's not jump to conclusions about Vista; it was a great operating system.

Vista was just ahead of its time and a bit poorly optimised. 7 runs a lot better than Vista on any PC.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

He wasn't being a fanboy, he was just saying his opinion. You're looking like the REAlL fanboy here..

You misunderstood me, I meant that fanboys will get pissed off him and attack him for using os x regardless of wether it's his opinion or not, not that he was a fanboy. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Vista was just ahead of its time and a bit poorly optimised. 7 runs a lot better than Vista on any PC.

It was mostly just ahead for its time. If you install it on a current day computer, its actually really fast. Back when I had a Pentium e2200, it actually ran really good on it too, which is why I never understood why people bashed Vista so much(I installed it on a P4 rig and found out quickly, lol).

XBOX ONE

Windows 8

Expensive games and xbox live is expensive

Windows and MS Office licences are expensive  

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

It was mostly just ahead for its time. If you install it on a current day computer, its actually really fast. Back when I had a Pentium e2200, it actually ran really good on it too, which is why I never understood why people bashed Vista so much(I installed it on a P4 rig and found out quickly, lol).

Granted it runs fast at first, but as you install more programs and updates that is where the problems begin.

PMSL

You don't want to start a flamewar, do you?

IMO

as in, MY OPINION, not necessarily yours.

Office: I get why they have a monthly subscription, but I want a standalone version that can be used on more than "2 devices". Its 2014, office suites shouldn't cost this much much(which is why I use OpenOffice).

I use Google Drive, it's free and I don't have to deal with using flash drives to get something from one place to another though I could because I can download things into a MS office format.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I use Google Drive, it's free and I don't have to deal with using flash drives to get something from one place to another though I could because I can download things into a MS office format.

I USE GOOGLE DRIVE! I only use Google Docs for homework too unless I have to write it. Just more convenient

They basically ruined nokia's phone business. They got rid of the branding, which i think was a terrible mistake, as well.

Also, the surface pro 3 is just way to expensive. It's a great device, but a thousand dollars for an i3 and 4gb of ram? That's just ridiculous.

Also windows. It's just one big giant cluster f of problems. Like seriously, windows 8 is definitley better as an OS than 7,  but it's not nearly so refined. How did they mess up so bad? It's like 2 old and 1 new OS and their visual details mashed into one and it pissed me off. Also they charge a lot for it, which is just ridiculous, as OSX has been like 20 bucks for a full copy for all future versions for years.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Wow woke up and saw a lot of good reactions.

Claiming to support the PC platform more. Gave us windows live store, or whatever they named it. We still wait for them to take PC as gaming platform more seriously.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I hate Microsoft because they wish they could completely disown the PC gaming market, when they already pretty much own it.

I've never had any problems with Windows 7. I hate windows 8 (at least on desktop). I just wish Microsoft would stop making asinine moves like having the new halo remastered collection be only on consoles, then releasing a master chief edition mouse. I've used OSX before, found nothing impressive or useful about it.

Seems like a LOT of companies are fucking up lately, governments as well.

They pulled a nvidia on us (they skipped 9) and I will hate them forever for that. 

-snip

All those windows NEIN jokes...suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs