PC Stuttering

Ryan.L

so this problem just started happening where there's just random stutter to everything on my computer. My mouse stutters my videos stutter audio stutters everything. its not anything to do with ram usage or cpu usage. Does anyone have a fix for this?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

does anyone have a fix for this? its driving me crazy.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

Drivers?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

what drivers? ive updated my Gpu drivers 

You haven't really given us any information here. What are your specs, is your system prebuild or custom built, and has the problem persisted since you got it or just recently(Or both, if you just built it)

my specs are under every post and it just started today and i build this system about 2 years ago and upgraded it over time. the last upgrade i did was about 3 months ago.

does no one know what to do?

Any software changes recently?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Any software changes recently?

no but my graphics driver did crash. I then re installed my graphics driver i did a clean installation then after that this started happening I've redone it twice since then.

Does anyone have a fix?

THis sounds like a System drive issue, is your HDD or SSD dying?  how old are they?

Remi Lafo

THis sounds like a System drive issue, is your HDD or SSD dying?  how old are they?

Remi Lafo

not very old less then a year and i ran tests on them and the health said Good for both my HDD and SSD

And its just restarted my PC after the lag. Its done it twice. does anyone know a fix?

it seems as if its getting worse and worse.

it seems as if its getting worse and worse.

Please try uninstalling all NVIDIA drivers. That means a complete wipe, including all remnants, simply uninstalling through control panel may not be sufficient. After you have completed this task re install drivers. If you do not know how to remove every single files of NVIDIA contact NVIDIA support chat and they will help you. 

This is the first thing you need to try.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

so this problem just started happening where there's just random stutter to everything on my computer. My mouse stutters my videos stutter audio stutters everything. its not anything to do with ram usage or cpu usage. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Do a System Restore, mate.

Please try uninstalling all NVIDIA drivers. That means a complete wipe, including all remnants, simply uninstalling through control panel may not be sufficient. After you have completed this task re install drivers. If you do not know how to remove every single files of NVIDIA contact NVIDIA support chat and they will help you. 

This is the first thing you need to try.

Thanks il try. il let you know how it goes.

okay so i think i know whats causing this. if i enable SLI the stuttering happens. i did what u said and re installed the drivers and it worked fine, then when i enabled SLI the problem started happening again. anyone know how to fix it?

we now you at least can replicate the issue which goes a long way in terms of diagnosis..

You have narrowed your problem down to this..

- One of your GPu's/Gfx cards has an issue, test each one individually, also get GPU-Z to properly monitor the card during usage.

- Motherboard issue, second card not seated properly?, that PCI-E slot is faulty, try another one? 

Good luck..

we now you at least can replicate the issue which goes a long way in terms of diagnosis..

You have narrowed your problem down to this..

- One of your GPu's/Gfx cards has an issue, test each one individually, also get GPU-Z to properly monitor the card during usage.

- Motherboard issue, second card not seated properly?, that PCI-E slot is faulty, try another one? 

Good luck..

i fixed it i just took out my second GPU for a bit cleaned everything and put it back its working good now. thanks everyone for the help.