AMD FX-6300 or FX-4350?

I am looking to build a gaming PC also something which is going to run very well when it comes to multitasking. Which CPU should I be getting? I know one of them has 6 cores but I see one has better GHz's am I right? 

Any help would be appreciated!

How much do you have to spend on the new build? What country do you live in? And what kind of games do you wish to play?

Also, do you need extras like monitor, mouse etc?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

6300! The 4000 series is terrible.. Their FX4100 is on par and loses in some areas to my FIRST GEN, DUALCORE i5 650... That i5 loses to Pentiums as well.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I am looking to build a gaming PC also something which is going to run very well when it comes to multitasking. Which CPU should I be getting? I know one of them has 6 cores but I see one has better GHz's am I right? 

Any help would be appreciated!

You do know that AMD CPU's come with unlocked multiplier, so that "more GHz" doesn't matter... You can always OC'it....

Also, for multitasking, try stretching your budget for 8320, they're going for real cheap right now (i think somewhere around 110$ on Amazon?) :D

How much do you have to spend on the new build? What country do you live in? And what kind of games do you wish to play?

Also, do you need extras like monitor, mouse etc?

£700 tops but looking to spend below that if possible. England. And most of the top games(like CoD, Battlefield, Skyrim, Fallout.. that type of stuff)

Think I will go with the 6300 as it fits in with the budget.

Thanks.

i was going to suggest an i3 couse its better for gaming but that budget fits an i5 easy .do not get amd with that budget

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GLc7ZL

^ This is a very good build indeed, much better than going for a FX 6300 on the dead AM3+ platform. It will deliver just so much more, especially when it comes to CPU intensive games. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Even when it comes to multitasking?

Short answer is yes. The Intel processor also has a lot more performance per clock, which multiplayer games need. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

i was going to suggest an i3 couse its better for gaming but that budget fits an i5 easy .do not get amd with that budget

Even when it comes to multitasking?

yes, this intel i5 cpu perform about the same as an overclocked FX-6300 in multi-threaded workloads, and when it comes to gaming it's much better...the entire build is very nice you can go for this you won,t be disappointed.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6300 because u can overclock it as well so it can be just as fast as the 4350

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

With that MoBo would I be able to add in a PCI-E card and graphics card at the same time? Got a little confused with the PCI-E x16 thing when the wireless adapter is also PCI-E?

buy a fx 6300 and overclock it to 3.9 ghz and you have a 6300 that preform like a 6350

buy a fx 6300 and overclock it to 3.9 ghz and you have a 6300 that preform like a 6350

his budget fits an i5 haswell. which is better than the fx 8350 .

With that MoBo would I be able to add in a PCI-E card and graphics card at the same time? Got a little confused with the PCI-E x16 thing when the wireless adapter is also PCI-E?

yes it has a pci-e 1x . and the board is h97 so it will support nex generation broadwell cpu`s. so if you want more power after 2 years or whatever for profesional applications you can upgrade easy to an i7 broadwell

and it supports crossfire but i don`t recommend it. but the option is there

Edited by s3ns3

For 550 euros. 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/jrbfkL

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460. This CPU is far better than the 6300 and has a far better upgrade path. 

Motherboard: Asrock H97 Pro4. This motherboard is one of the best motherboards for budget builds that include Haswell CPU's.

Ram: Kingston Fury Series 8GB. Plenty of ram for what you want to do. If you need more, you can buy another 8GB set in the future.

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB. Very fast hard drive. It does make a little bit of noise, as my father currently owns one, but the amount of noise you can take is up to you honestly. It's not that loud at all. If you don't want to deal with that, then get a Seagate Barracuda 1TB with a Samsung 840 Evo with 128GB.

GPU: MSI Twin Frozr Geforce GTX 760. For 150 euros, this is a great GPU, as it'll max out any game you throw at it. You could spend 100 euros extra and get a GTX 970, which is far superior.

Case: BitFenix Shinobi (White). Great budget case.

PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified. Great PSU for the money. 

I didn't include an optical drive, but those are generally cheap.

(I have never tested any of these parts enough to say they don't have any faults, and I can therefore never guarantee no faults.)

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

That graphics card on the build has no price and says it is not available anymore? Also I have an extra £20 to spend as I taken off the heat sink from the build I just did. Is they a better version of the i5 for £20 more or should I just save that money?

Thanks.

Wait... His budget is around 700 Euro or whatever but then why do u guys suggest builds which cost less than what he could possibly get ? One kf the builds above with a 280X is pretty good and with the extra money go with an unlocked 4690K and Z97 Mobo and if possible a cooler too. Its just a recommendation.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

That graphics card on the build has no price and says it is not available anymore? Also I have an extra £20 to spend as I taken off the heat sink from the build I just did. Is they a better version of the i5 for £20 more or should I just save that money?

Thanks.

there is only one i5 that is worth buying over the i5 4460. the i5 4690K  couse it can overclock. but it more expensive,requires an aftermarket cooler and a z97 board and the gain is little for gaming . a better gpu brings a lot more performance than any cpu overclock so if you have extra money invest it in a better GPU. r9 280X=gtx 770 < r9 290 < gtx 970