Ran out of thermal paste, is there a "best" on the market?

MooseParade

ive been using arctic silver 5 for the past 4 years, for my gaming rig, my xbox repair service and my laptop so id reccomend.

Linus' recommendation: IC Diamond.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Arctic Silver 5 is good stuff but it does have a cure time. From the Arctic Silver website "During the CPU's initial use, the compound thins out to enhance the filling of the microscopic valleys and ensure the best physical contact between the heatsink and the CPU core. Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 50 to 200 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability." It's good right out of the tube but best performance occurs some time after it is first applied.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

Skinee Labs rated Phobya HeGrease as the best TIM. I've used both that and IC diamond, and both work pretty exceptionally. HeGrease gave me pretty decent temperatures even when I accidentally screwed up and the tim was spread entirely onto one half of the processor, and IC diamond just generally tends to be pretty consistent.

Cool laboratory Liquid ultra and Indigo Extreme are the best performing TIMs, but they are horrible to use.

I use NT-H1. It's great, spreads thinly and evenly, no curing time and non-conductive. Though mainly it's because It is $5 cheaper than AS5 and performs in my country.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I dont think there is a huge difference, maybe 2-3 Celsius max, as long as you go with something that isn't the cheapest of the lot then you should be fine. I use Arctic silver 5 which has never failed me and its what Centrecom use in all of their systems

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

A lot of people suggest this actually.

it performs better then IC

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #GetWreckt