"Why DSLR" convincing?

So for that lens (please excuse my DSLR Noobiness)  can I mount other kit lenses to that lens? 

Are those telephoto and Macro lenses using a filter-type mount or something?

And finally, Does a normal Kit lens have Autofocus?

1. You take the kit lens off of the camera and put the other lens on

2. I have no idea tbh

3. Yes it should. Just make sure it says "AF" somewhere though just in case.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Also, how's this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T4i-650D-18-0-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Kit-w-EF-S-IS-/131365584106?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item1e95ffbcea

@Fate

Woah, I calculated the price of all the parts on amazon and it came to ~$1700 and this is only $600!!!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

It wouldn't be bad for $526 but you've gotta pay $35 in shipping and it'll probably go for higher than $526. The lens would be pretty good for starters but iirc it's not very high quality (which is fine because the lens is only like $150 & you get a huge zoom range).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It wouldn't be bad for $526 but you've gotta pay $35 in shipping and it'll probably go for higher than $526. The lens would be pretty good for starters but iirc it's not very high quality (which is fine because the lens is only like $150 & you get a huge zoom range).

it's $624USD when you buy now without bid.

It looks like an amazing deal, and the guy's only selling it cause he bought a 70D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

it's $624USD when you buy now without bid.

It looks like an amazing deal, and the guy's only selling it cause he bought a 70D

It says 684 for me jOs3jkM.png

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It says 684 for me Posted Image

Whoops that's what I meant..

I'm going to show my dad tonight and see :D

Whoops that's what I meant..

I'm going to show my dad tonight and see :D

Considering you can pick up used t4i's all day for $400, the highest I'd pay for that bundle is $600 including shipping.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Considering you can pick up used t4i's all day for $400, the highest I'd pay for that bundle is $600 including shipping.

oh...

lemme check some more

Do DSLR's get good deals and sales often? Or even just on christmas or something?

I can't seem to find the T4i under $~380 so I might as well try to bid for the one I mentioned earlier for $550?

Do DSLR's get good deals and sales often? Or even just on christmas or something?

I can't seem to find the T4i under $~380 so I might as well try to bid for the one I mentioned earlier for $550?

Don't bid on ebay items until the last 5-10 seconds, otherwise, you'll just drive the price up higher and probably lose. 

I'm not sure about the sales part, I haven't seen any really good ones. Maybe @dizmo has.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Don't bid on ebay items until the last 5-10 seconds, otherwise, you'll just drive the price up higher and probably lose. 

I'm not sure about the sales part, I haven't seen any really good ones. Maybe @dizmo has.

okay so bid only near the end date?

Wait if you buy it (not bid) they won't accept any more Bid's right? Even if they're higher?

Yes, when there's only a few seconds left so people don't have time to react. Don't enter anything into the bid box and press "place bid". Another interface will pop up and say "let ebay place automatic bids for you", enter your absolute maximum you'd be willing to pay, and when there's a few seconds left, place the bid. It will incrementally increase your bid (I think it's $10 every time) until you reach your limit. I've never bought anything from Canada so I don't know if you have to enter your bid in USD terms or CAD terms (probably the latter). 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yes, when there's only a few seconds left so people don't have time to react. Don't enter anything into the bid box and press "place bid". Another interface will pop up and say "let ebay place automatic bids for you", enter your absolute maximum you'd be willing to pay, and when there's a few seconds left, place the bid. It will incrementally increase your bid (I think it's $10 every time) until you reach your limit. I've never bought anything from Canada so I don't know if you have to enter your bid in USD terms or CAD terms (probably the latter). 

if I see that the price goes close to the base price (the not bid one) should I just buy it (not bid) before that price increases?

if I see that the price goes close to the base price (the not bid one) should I just buy it (not bid) before that price increases?

I personally don't think $720 is a good deal at all for that bundle. The highest I'd bid is $570.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I personally don't think $720 is a good deal at all for that bundle. The highest I'd bid is $570.

but that's CAD

That's 680 USD, still not worth it?

The parts all add up to above $1000USD (with the camera body price at $400 lets say)

It's easily a $400 save

but that's CAD

That's 680 USD, still not worth it?

The parts all add up to above $1000USD (with the camera body price at $400 lets say)

It's easily a $400 save

Buy it now is about $720 USD including shipping, 820 CAD including shipping. The Sigma lens is $100-150 and the Camera is $400. The accessories are about a $50 value. This is why I recommend not paying over $600 USD including shipping (so a ~$565-570 bid)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Buy it now is about $720 USD including shipping, 820 CAD including shipping. The Sigma lens is $100-150 and the Camera is $400. The accessories are about a $50 value. This is why I recommend not paying over $600 USD including shipping (so a ~$565-570 bid)

the kit lens is another $100-150 too right?

that comes to between $600-700

Shipping isnt a big deal for my dad, he cares more about the solid price

the kit lens is another $100-150 too right?

that comes to between $600-700

Shipping isnt a big deal for my dad, he cares more about the solid price

The kit lens is around $60-70 iirc and the $400 camera price I said includes the kit lens. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

The kit lens is around $60-70 iirc and the $400 camera price I said includes the kit lens. 

oh.

Could you make like a parts list for me with the T4i with the Kit lens and a macro lens (filters and other stuff I can do) please? I can't seem to find good deals. (I get lost a lot and end up not finding the right things)

oh.

Could you make like a parts list for me with the T4i with the Kit lens and a macro lens (filters and other stuff I can do) please? I can't seem to find good deals. (I get lost a lot and end up not finding the right things)

I don't really wanna put a list together right now & I suggest you do a lot more research before you pull the trigger on something this expensive. It's easy to get excited and buy something and then find out you could've gotten something much better for the same price. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I don't really wanna put a list together right now & I suggest you do a lot more research before you pull the trigger on something this expensive. It's easy to get excited and buy something and then find out you could've gotten something much better for the same price. 

lol yeah I understand :)

I'll do some more research and stay patient and see if I can find a good deal :P

Thanks for all your help :) 

Honestly if you're going to spend up to that kind of money I'd just save up a little more and pick up one with a solid lens. Or a body and then drop the $500 or so on a quality used lens.

Check out the used market, more for lenses than bodies. If you look at bodies make sure that they have a low shutter count; this part does wear out after time.

Also, worth noting, with that $700 camera you're going to have to pay tax plus possibly import duty depending on your countries stance on electronics.

If I was to purchase it, it adds another $90 to the total.

Meh, it's basically just a bunch of cheap junk in that kit. You can get a used t3i for $350 and buy the rest of the stuff you need for ~$75-100. The stuff in that kit is probably like $35-50 total. 

Exactly this.

There's just a bunch of useless pieces there tbh. When I had a DSLR I got a filter for $8 on sale. They're really not worth a whole lot.

I'd also go for a nice bag. They have a lot of little nice features that more generic bags just don't, and a bag is something that can last many many years if you care for it.

@Fate also, isnt 2 of those lenses and all the other stuff Canon brand? (like high quality?)

The telephoto and wide angle seem to be the only ones that aren't canon

They're not. They're no name generics. So the only lens there that is Canon is the kit lens and they're worth about $50 new.

So for that lens (please excuse my DSLR Noobiness)  can I mount other kit lenses to that lens? 

Are those telephoto and Macro lenses using a filter-type mount or something?

And finally, Does a normal Kit lens have Autofocus?

You can mount any Canon or Canon compatible lens.

The ones in the kit are actual lenses, but they're really low quality. You can get macro kits for around $20 that will magnify your kit lens; I'd get that before investing in any glass.

Yes.

Wait if you buy it (not bid) they won't accept any more Bid's right? Even if they're higher?

If you use the Buy It Now option it's yours. You've purchased it.

The amount the bid raises depends on what the bidder sets the auction to. I've seen it range from $0.01 to $1.00.

I think automobiles and other large ticket items are more.

You'll be bidding in the currency the auction is posted in, in this case Canadian funds.

Usually, when someone places a bid the Buy It Now option disappears.

Pay a lot of attention to this. It's useful with everything you're looking at buying. I really am completely baffled that more people don't put in their own effort to research items they're looking to buy. Sometimes at work we'll get an irate customer who just expects to be told what to purchase. I've looked at several when they ask me why I won't just tell them, and all I do is say "why haven't you put in the effort to research your purchase?"

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Honestly if you're going to spend up to that kind of money I'd just save up a little more and pick up one with a solid lens. Or a body and then drop the $500 or so on a quality used lens.

Check out the used market, more for lenses than bodies. If you look at bodies make sure that they have a low shutter count; this part does wear out after time.

Also, worth noting, with that $700 camera you're going to have to pay tax plus possibly import duty depending on your countries stance on electronics.

If I was to purchase it, it adds another $90 to the total.

Exactly this.

There's just a bunch of useless pieces there tbh. When I had a DSLR I got a filter for $8 on sale. They're really not worth a whole lot.

I'd also go for a nice bag. They have a lot of little nice features that more generic bags just don't, and a bag is something that can last many many years if you care for it.

They're not. They're no name generics. So the only lens there that is Canon is the kit lens and they're worth about $50 new.

You can mount any Canon or Canon compatible lens.

The ones in the kit are actual lenses, but they're really low quality. You can get macro kits for around $20 that will magnify your kit lens; I'd get that before investing in any glass.

Yes.

If you use the Buy It Now option it's yours. You've purchased it.

The amount the bid raises depends on what the bidder sets the auction to. I've seen it range from $0.01 to $1.00.

I think automobiles and other large ticket items are more.

You'll be bidding in the currency the auction is posted in, in this case Canadian funds.

Usually, when someone places a bid the Buy It Now option disappears.

Pay a lot of attention to this. It's useful with everything you're looking at buying. I really am completely baffled that more people don't put in their own effort to research items they're looking to buy. Sometimes at work we'll get an irate customer who just expects to be told what to purchase. I've looked at several when they ask me why I won't just tell them, and all I do is say "why haven't you put in the effort to research your purchase?"

Wow thats a lot of amazing advice :)

Thank you so much :D

So for that last one, i'm not really sure what I want. I've only seen 4 options available, the T2i, T3i, T4i, SL1. I prefer not to go the Nikon route as I sort of want to be loyal to them and I've had some friends with Nikon's that were unhappy after purchasing them. Other than that, there aren't any options. 

I had some pre-set things I wanted in a camera, which were good video, better photo quality than the G12, and plenty of features and options. This excludes the T2i as it's basically the same as the T3i. 

The T3i and T4i have quite a price jump between them, and i'm wondering if that extra $200-300USD is worth it for better video quality and touchscreen. 

So if I narrow it down to the T3i, I know I want to have a Good Kit lens and macro and telephoto lenses (not all at once) and A bag and Filters/hoods. 

If I want to do video, I have to invest in a good Microphone as well.

Now this leaves it between the SL1 and T3i (not very comparable but similar specs)

The SL1 doesn't have that many benefits for that little price bonus, but i'm not all too familiar with it. 

So that was my thinking this whole time, in the end it's truly between the T3i with Kit lens/Telephoto/Macro lens and Accessories or the SL1 with the slightly higher default price tag without as many accessories.

Sorry for tuning in so late, do you have any interest in Sony SLT or mirrorless cameras?

Since those have focus peaking, It is much easier to focus on objects with manual focus. 

So you can use old cheap lenses better on an adapter.

Over here there is somebody who sells his Canon FD 50mm 1.7 for 35€, Canon FD 28mm 2.8 for 40€ and a 100mm 2.5 for 60€.

With a low budget you are able to get those and be able to do some experimenting with those lenses.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Sorry for tuning in so late, do you have any interest in Sony SLT or mirrorless cameras?

not a fan of sony, again im really loyal to Canon.

Im not familiar with Mirrorless cameras, I thought they were the same as DSLR's?