Headphones

Cakefish
Which is the best of the below options? I like my music with deep, punchy bass and rich, clear treble/vocals. 

- Sony MDR-V55 £34.99 (wired, 40mm driver, frequency 5-25,000Hz)

- Sony MDR-ZX610 £44.99 (wired, 40mm driver, frequency 5-22,000Hz)

- Sony MDR-XB400 £49.99 (wired, 30mm driver, frequency 6-25,000Hz)

- House Of Marley Liberate £79.99 (wired, 40mm driver, frequency 15-21,000Hz)

- Sony MDR-ZX750 £149.99 (Bluetooth or wired, 40mm driver, frequency 8-22,000Hz)

I plan on buying one of the above from my local store today.

I bought the Philips SHB4000 for £29.99 on sale from the store (Bluetooth, 32mm driver, frequency 20-20,000Hz) and am honestly let down by the sound quality - the bass is lacking, it's not all that clear and overall volume on the low side compared to my Monster in-ear headphones. Not sure how much that has to do with Bluetooth or just the fact that they are relatively cheap headphones.

Please help me decide!

Cheers! :)

hmm if you just want bass look into some razer or vmoda stuff :)

Local store doesn't sell that.

How about a pair of Sennheiser 518's OP? £80 on Amazon right now.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

How about a pair of Sennheiser 518's OP? £80 on Amazon right now.

Local store doesn't sell those either. I should have mentioned that online delivery is not really an option because I'm going to be out the house so often over the next few weeks that there's 99% chance I'll miss delivery - and the local depo is miles away and I have no car.

Local store doesn't sell those either. I should have mentioned that online delivery is not really an option because I'm going to be out the house so often over the next few weeks that there's 99% chance I'll miss delivery - and the local depo is miles away and I have no car.

Fgfds, i wouldn't touch any of the ones you linked with a bargepole.

How about asking your next door neighbor to take the delivery for you? You could leave a note on your front door, saying to drop it off at the person next door.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Fgfds, i wouldn't touch any of the ones you linked with a bargepole.

How about asking your next door neighbor to take the delivery for you? You could leave a note on your front door, saying to drop it off at the person next door.

Leaving with neighbour isn't an option unfortunately. 

Awww... are they really that bad?

Does Amazon do Saturday deliveries?

Leaving with neighbour isn't an option unfortunately. 

Awww... are they really that bad?

Does Amazon do Saturday deliveries?

They use Royal Mail for most deliveries, so aye. Think you gotta pick First Class delivery though. Another option, is to sign up for the free month of Amazon Prime (and cancel it after your order's come through) - and get scheduled delivery for free. Or you could just pay for the scheduled delivery.

Just made a trip down to a local HMV store and heard some demo units in-store. Plus, the House Of Marley Liberation were there at only £49.99 instead of the £79.99 listed above. Tested them out against a pair of more expensive Sennheisers at £129.99 and could hear the difference after a few songs. Preferred the Sennheiser. So I can hear a difference, making more expensive headphones worthwhile.

I will seriously consider the Sennheiser you mentioned, though the fact that they leak sound like a sieve (and also completely fail to block outside noise) is a bit troublesome. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I wouldn't go with open headphones if you want bass. the 518s are going to be lacking in that department. 

The 439's probably have more bass. Especially if you modify them.

Sennheiser HD 439 is closed-back, if you can find it.

Yeah I wouldn't go with open headphones if you want bass. the 518s are going to be lacking in that department. 

The 439's probably have more bass. Especially if you modify them.

Yeah, I've been reading up on this subject and was sad to discover that open-backed headphones lack bass. 

Any of these any good? Would they be suitable for playing 320KB/sec MP3's via the Nexus 5 (and my laptop)? Also, gaming (not multiplayer).

- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

- AKG K550

- Sennheiser Momentum

- PSB M4U 1

- Audio-Technica ATH-M50X

- Denon AH-D401