bittorrent Sync eating up all HDD performance

Lauen

so I installed Bittorrent Sync to try it out, I added the folders I wanted to share (music, TV shows and movies) which equals about 1.6TB of files. I was sitting around watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and the video started chopping up and stopping at random points, so I figured I should reboot since it had been like two weeks since I last rebooted, but it didn't even shut down, so I just flipped the switch on the psu, and then booted it normally and went back to watching Avatar, but just accessing the folders took several seconds, while it was almost instant before. I started getting worried about my harddrive dying (I'm pretty broke as I went back to school) and I also didn't wanna lose all my movies and such.

But then I realized that Bittorrent Sync had been indexing files for a little while already so I had a look and it was still indexing, so I exited the program and turns out it was consuming all of the bandwith, and it now worked normally. Anyone had this issue before? It's pretty annoying, I couldn't even listen to music.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Try changing the advanced "folder_rescan_interval" setting from the default 600 (seconds) (i.e. 10 minutes) to a much higher value. This will mean that Sync won't do a complete re-scan of the folders you're syncing as often.

it a known issue with the indexing

@Lauen

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Try changing the advanced "folder_rescan_interval" setting from the default 600 (seconds) (i.e. 10 minutes) to a much higher value. This will mean that Sync won't do a complete re-scan of the folders you're syncing as often.

it a known issue with the indexing

Lauen

no the problem is that the initial indexing took forever and was so slow. It might be that there is 1.6 TB of stuff but it was still super slow imo.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

no the problem is that the initial indexing took forever and was so slow. It might be that there is 1.6 TB of stuff but it was still super slow imo.

oh could be that reason :/

too much files

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.