New Graphics Card

What is the best Graphics Card i can get for around $300-$350? I was thinking the R9 280x, but would the GTX 760/770 be better? I currently have a Geforce GTX 550ti so anything above that would be an improvement. 

CPU: AMD FX 4100 Quad Core

RAM: 8 GB (hopefully going to upgrade that to 16)

PS: 620W

If youre in the US just spend a tiny bit more for a 970

970 the best card (price for performance)

If you cant afford it id go with the 770 over the 280x.

WARNING: Your CPU Will bottleneck the 770 in intensive games unless overclocked to around 4.1 or 4.2 Ghz, or you need to upgrade.

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

I would only recommend a 970 if you're going to get a 8320/i5 in the future because it will be severely bottlenecked by your current CPU.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

970 Is very good at that Price

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Gtx 970!!!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Get a new cpu before buying a new graphics card as your 4200 is very underpowered and a 970 will severly bottleneck.

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

Same price point is GTX 970 and R290X both good cards. I'm an Nvidia user so depending on the games you wish to play should influence yr decision as well as look as benchmarks on those titles

R9 290x is great for the price, but do watch out for its heat and power consumption. Don't be too eager to jump on the gtx 970 train

Mhmm, it'd be easiest and safest to recommend the 970, all aboard the hypetrain. But at the same point AMD's VERY aggressive with the pricing and in Finland you can get a factory refurb r9 290x for odd 200€ and new ones for around 300€.

Well, personally I don't much like the magmachambers so Nvidia it is. But your mileage may vary.

Depending on your location... if US dollar, you can actually get a 970 for 349.99$ (MSI Gaming 4G, ASUS Strix, ...) from Amazon or NCIX or.... other stores, yeah, actually, a lot of stores are selling for 349.99 last time I saw, or at most 369.99(Gigabyte G1 Gaming, ...).

Or you can also go for a 290 or 290X, they are quite aggressive with their pricing as a reply above said. Although... all aboard the current-gen train so.... I'll recommend the 970.

PS: Please, if you live in Australia like I do.... just order it off Amazon, or other places in general. If you live in Canada, maybe NCIX will have something cheaper, maybe?