IP lease time causing disconnects, how to fix?

Godrick

Hello all,

I am in need of a frustrating little issue i have.

Alright so every hour my internet disconnects for about 30 seconds, i've figured out why and it's because my IP lease time is set to renew every hour and in doing so disconnects me for a brief moment. (I checked CMD)

I have looked at another laptop that is also connected via ethernet, it also has a lease time of an hour but it doesn't disconnect from the internet.

My set up is as is.

Netgear Modem/Router.

1 PC connected via Ethernet.

1 Laptop connected via Ethernet.

I have contacted my ISP who said it's not their issue, they did come out and check and they just changed the isolator.

Any ideas how to fix this i'm not really into the networking things.

Cheers!

CPU: AMD 5800X3D / Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S / Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 / GPU: EVGA GTX1070 SC / RAM 64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB / SSD: WD Black NVME / HDD 1: ADATA XPG SX9200 Pro / HDD 2: Lexus NS100 / PSU: CORSAIR RM850 / Case: Corsair 5000D

If you use your PC more just switch ports on your router? Doesnt really fix the problem but meh, thats what I'd do

If you use your PC more just switch ports on your router? Doesnt really fix the problem but meh, thats what I'd do

I guess for now but any global fix lol

CPU: AMD 5800X3D / Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S / Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 / GPU: EVGA GTX1070 SC / RAM 64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB / SSD: WD Black NVME / HDD 1: ADATA XPG SX9200 Pro / HDD 2: Lexus NS100 / PSU: CORSAIR RM850 / Case: Corsair 5000D

You could try setting a Static Address for your PC via Network Adapter's IPv4 Properties, that would negate the address lease expiration.

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

Extend the lease or reserve the IP on your router. Sorts all your problems.

Tux is a lie.

Extend the lease or reserve the IP on your router. Sorts all your problems

10/10 useless thank you.

You could try setting a Static Address for your PC via Network Adapter's IPv4 Properties, that would negate the address lease expiration.

I ended up just reserving IPs to each mac address seems to have sorted the issue, never needed to before but not sure why it changed

10/10 useless thank you.

I ended up just reserving IPs to each mac address seems to have sorted the issue, never needed to before but not sure why it changed

Sorry about my shortness in the reply. However, what you did is what I meant. Reserving the IPs to the different MAC addresses on your DHCP server. Good job :)

Tux is a lie.