Noctua NF-F12 Vs. Corsair SP120

IntoTheFog

Hello Everyone!

I was watching Linus' videos and he seems to favor two SP fans: (The ones I listed in the title).

Which one should I get for my Hyper 212 Evo cooling my Intel i5-3570K. Right now I have two weird fans on it and they are quiet until they need to ramp up. I have it overclocked to 4.4 GHz and the temps don't seem to go above about 68 degrees centigrade after running Prime 95 for 12 hours.

I would like this same performance, if not better, but in a quieter environment. Preferably with a single fan, but dual fans are fine as long as it's quiet. (Room temperature is usually around 14 degrees because all of the heat just floats up to the loft.)

Thank you!

AsRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5-3570K | 32GB G.SKILL 1600MHz | EVGA SSC GTX 1060 6GB  | Corsair CX-750W | NZXT Tempest 210 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 

No competition - the Noctua are better, and also being square frame, they don't leak as much (at all?) like the SP120's do...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

No competition - the Noctua are better' date=' and also being square frame, they don't leak as much (at all?) like the SP120's do...[/quote']

Exactly what Whaler said. :)

And to add to that, Noctua's are very quiet. Also, I heard that the SP120's are loud.

apparently the sp120 is quieter than the noctua but doesn't perform as well. within a couple degrees though, so there is no need to fret if you prefer them because of aesthetics.

both brilliant fans

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

ive used both on high fin density and low fin density radiators and havent found

any performance gain or loss between the two. the only thing was how much air

noise do you want? the NF-F12 was well below the SP120 is wind noise. when the

SP120 is under-volted the noise does sub-side and the temperatures are warmer

about 2°-3° than the NF-F12. the last would be the look of the fans and the cost.

when i under-volt my SP120PE, i use 7volt and am very pleased from the 2-fans

cost of one NF-F12.

airdeano