XBone Multifail? and will you get affected if it happen?

tsbakke

As most people already know they brag a lot abouth their all in one box

and most of all on their tv box

trying to find some info abouth if it have a card reader but seems not

so that means in contries that you need a tv card to watch tv a big part of the Xbox will be useless

im from norway and we use tv cards so we will still have to use our tv box connected into the xbox to make tv work

so might as well get a smart tv ?

is there any other contries that have tv cards ?

The Xbox doesn't have a TV input, it has an HDMI pass through. You'd still be using your old cable box with your card inserted into that, and then the HDMI cable would be plugged into the Xbox instead of the TV.

(So no, I'm not affected, and neither is anyone else...?)

The Xbox doesn't have a TV input, it has an HDMI pass through. You'd still be using your old cable box with your card inserted into that, and then the HDMI cable would be plugged into the Xbox instead of the TV.

(So no, I'm not affected, and neither is anyone else...?)

read the question again and answear why do i need the XBone to run my tv signals tru when i can just have my tv box connected straight to the tv and have the same options there anyway ?

and as i said its hard to find info for those things

and i already use my stereo as a multi connect passtru

but as i see it its not a all in one box when you need a other box to use the main features on the box

oh ye one last thing since i have some friends with this problem

what if they use the card reader in the tv itself they have to connect tv to xbox and then back to tv ? =P

There is no real reason to run your TV signal through your Xbox One, & I imagine that 99% of people that purchase a One won't run them through because it just won't really be worth it.

Now Microsoft says that if you do that, you can more easily / quickly (via using your voice through Kinect) switch between TV & your One without having to press a single button. Plus, I think they have the added features of live updates to your fantasy football teams & stuff through being able to run two applications at once. However, that's only really likely to work in select countries with select applications. I mean, it might work for the NBA & NFL, but probably not NHL, or FIFA, or whatever, unless some new deals are made. 

Their claim that it's an "all in one box" is in that you can hide everything else away & never have to see or use it, because you can do everything you would ever want directly through your Xbox One. However, again, there's issues there because you won't be able to do exactly whatever you want. If you cable or satellite provider offers some kind of VOD service, that ain't gonna work through your Xbox. Tivo probably won't work through it either, nor will any of your other special perks that your TV provider offers. 

So, yeah, if you buy a One, you'd probably just be best off directly connecting it to the TV just as you would a normal games console. Yeah, you might lose out of some of these new stupid achievements for watching various TV stuff, & all that, but assuming you're not bothered about that, it should be no big deal.

read the question again and answear why do i need the XBone to run my tv signals tru when i can just have my tv box connected straight to the tv and have the same options there anyway ?

and as i said its hard to find info for those things

and i already use my stereo as a multi connect passtru

but as i see it its not a all in one box when you need a other box to use the main features on the box

oh ye one last thing since i have some friends with this problem

what if they use the card reader in the tv itself they have to connect tv to xbox and then back to tv ? =P

There's no difference if you're passing it through the Xbox, unless you're in the USA and using a certain provider anyway. The TV signal doesn't go to the Xbox, it still goes to the cable box, which is why you can't find any info on it.

They just said it was "all-in-one" because they want it to be the centralized hub for all the devices. I'm not sure how cards work since they're not very common here in Canada, but even if you do have it, you don't need to use the Xbox One's TV features...

I'm actually really looking forward to this feature. Compared to my Motorola DVR, the xbox interface is 100 percent better. 

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

I'm actually really looking forward to this feature. Compared to my Motorola DVR, the xbox interface is 100 percent better. 

ok i can understand that point for the tv screen looks is important too

im just wondering if it would been cheaper to buy a new DVR instead =P

or you so "lucky" you have one of those providers that lets you use only 1 DVR?

or is the provider that chose the interface so its the same no matter what DVR?

will the Xbox then show it difrent? hopefully it will

i only had option 1 and 2 same box just with or withouth HDD

But to

Visual Hudson

since my box use VOD you say it will not work tru Xbox do you have a link for more info please ?

thanks

Yeah, here's a link for you, gives you some information about the whole DVR aspect of the One & why it won't really be a replacement for your cable box or other DVR:

http://allthingsd.com/20130522/why-microsofts-xbox-one-wont-kick-the-cable-guy-out-of-your-house/

Edit: Got another article talking about the same thing just to back the other one up a little:

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/microsoft-power-cable-and-satellite-tv-navigation-xbox-one/2013-05-21