Are You Satisfied With Your Current PC Build? *open poll*

I'm extremely proud of it, but honestly I'm never satisfied. I made the mistake of getting mostly black components, with a blue accent (tubing, cables, fan rings) and also getting Galaxy HoF 780's (white cards) so it's 3 colors. Also should have switched the top rad around so there isn't a big obvious tube going down the middle of the case. Few other nitpicky things but I can say for certain that I have an addiction. Wanting to keep building and building.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I have an i7 2600 and a GTX 760. It runs well at 1080p but I'd love to be able to use 4K monitors. I guess with technology, enthusiasts can't ever really be happy with they have :P

Being satisfied is having a 7 year old, $2000+ (when new computer) that after having just over $600 spent on it, is more than capable of playing the latest games (new CPU again next year, and it should blow away the core 2).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hey guys! This is my first time posting on the Linus Tech Tips website! I am currently building a $2000 dollar mostly gaming computer and i wanted some opinions on my current build plan:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($394.99 @ Mwave Australia) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($36.00 @ CPL Online) 

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($178.00 @ CPL Online) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($213.00 @ IJK) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($209.00 @ Mwave Australia) 

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.00 @ CPL Online) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($519.00 @ CPL Online) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($146.00 @ CPL Online) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.00 @ Centre Com) 

Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($19.00 @ CPL Online) 

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($19.00 @ CPL Online) 

Total: $1956.99

Currently i am considering whether it is appropriate to buy a i7 4790k at this budget and whether or not to get liquid cooling kit. 

My biggest fear would the kit leaking so  if someone could give me some personal experiences with the H100i, that would be great.

Also, i am debating on whether to buy a Asus 970 STIX  or Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970. Through benchmarks from different youtuber's, they maintain 

that Gigabyte is the strongest out of all competitors. What do you guys think?

Finally, i am wondering if i should chose an NZXT H440 or a Fractal Design R4.  I've personally heard the R4 provides better airflow but

on the other hand i really like the H440's futuristic looking case. Again i receive some personal experiences with either case whether or bad.

No, once I get my 970 and a SSD though I will be satisfied. 

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I am never satisfied with my build if there is more things I can put into it!!

NEEEED FOR SPEEEEED!!!!!

Aside from the stock Intel cooler, yes I am satisfied with my build.

I need a x99 build to finish developing a program, NEED not want because Microsoft doesn't have all the hex values of a 8 core/16 thread cpu.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

No.

Cause i never built a "correct" rig for the correct purpose.

I think my PC has 5-6 years old, I'm sitting on an x58 mobo, a i7 920, and a gtx 660. I'm definetly not satisfied with this.

I'm pretty much at the same point.

i-950 and a GTX 680. I'm surprised that I'm already noticing the frame rates dropping in recent games.

I'm running a mild overclock, basically just the turbo-boost clock speed at all times. I've been waiting for a real jump forward and I'm thinking that DDR4 and a few more cores might have to do for now.

Was hoping for organic CPUs or some sort of slave-brain but yeah....8 cores....woo! Or whatever.

I'm a greedy bastard. I wouldn't ne satisfied with 4way sli titan z's

You can only have 2 way SLI Titan z

My ATI HD5750 CF setup consumes a lot of power, makes a lot of heat and isn't even faster than a R7 260X... Besides that I'm happy.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

And I don't know how to properly quote in posts.

click quote on any post ;)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You can only have 2 way SLI Titan z

Exactly. :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I'd say yes. I'd love to add more to it but those additions are just icing on my already delicious cake and I can easily live without additions to my without shedding a single tear.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Im happy with my computer but I am always longing for more power, even If I don't use all of it.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

No
I love tech too much to ever be satisfied.
I enjoy adding/upgrading, modding, overclocking, customizing, etc

I think the day I'm ever satisfied with my PC (or any bit off tech) is the day I lose interest in all technology.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Build in signature? Yes.

School build? Noooooo not at all lol

Dell Dimension E521, with AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ CPU, AMD Radeon X1300/X1550 series GPU, and 4GB of RAM. Can't even watch 900p videos at more than 5 fps. It is decent enough to browse the web, listen to music, and do schoolthings. I'm actually now installing Windows on the SSD it just got, hope that'll improve things a little bit.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

currently, i can't hate this pc anymore. it is one of my regretful purchases. i got this HP Touchsmart 610 when i was like 12 yrs old and i thought it was amazing. My parents didn't let me get a "proper gaming pc" till like now when i started working and am going to buy it with my own money. I bought this thing because i never knew that gaming computers existed at the time and by the time i found out it was only like 3 weeks after buying this which really did get me pissed as to why i bought this and didn't do my research.