Ultimate Eyefinity Surround Gaming Setup Part 2

LG 34UC97

R9 290X 8GB

We're back with the follow-up video for our insane 14.86 megapixel eyefinity display setup, and today's goal is to answer one question - can you actually game on this thing?

Do you throw a stock intel cooler at linus in this video??? :D

That moment when a monitor setup costs more than your entire rig and peripherals...

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

NIck threw that at Luke

@nicklmg how's Luke's hand doing?

I know...

Thats why i said it....

Jesus. LinusTech really sucks at racing games.. Seriously, how do you manage to drive that Lambo without crashing it?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I got it man it's all good :D

No innuendos, no video tease, no throwing chunks of metal at fellow employees and shooting people on "just the tip to see if it hurt" with rubber bands.

Unsubbed deleting forum account good bye...

^Sarcasm

Jesus. LinusTech really sucks at racing games.. Seriously, how do you manage to drive that Lambo without crashing it?

Oh he crashes it all the time. Thats why he had 10 of them :P

Jesus christ, i'd do... things... to get those 3 bad boys

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Looking forward to Mineral Oil Part 3 which Linus "Promise is coming next week"..... hopefully....

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Also why is this video letterboxed in youtube? Anyway to fix it?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

No innuendos, no video tease, no throwing chunks of metal at fellow employees and shooting people on "just the tip to see if it hurt" with rubber bands.

Unsubbed deleting forum account good bye...

^Sarcasm

I think that was the funniest video I've seen on Linus' YouTube channel in a while. It was also the least informative, as I was sitting there pissing myself laughing at all the stuff Linus, Nick and new guy (forgot his name.. Is he MrWizard?) were throwing at Luke. 

I am really liking this crowd funding thing... PEOPLE DONATE MORE MONEY. WE NEED THAT BRONZE GABEN STATUE

edit: Also, who wrote the campaign goals? I want to know so I can fly to Canada and personally hug them, cause they're the amazing things I have ever read. 

I think that was the funniest video I've seen on Linus' YouTube channel in a while. It was also the least informative, as I was sitting there pissing myself laughing at all the stuff Linus, Nick and new guy (forgot his name.. Is he MrWizard?) were throwing at Luke. 

I am really liking this crowd funding thing... PEOPLE DONATE MORE MONEY. WE NEED THAT BRONZE GABEN STATUE

We had a ton of fun making it so it was nice so see that at least some of the audience enjoyed it :P

New guy is also named Nick, though we call him Berkel around the office. No, he is not MrWizard.

Appreciate the support :P if we actually made it to bronze GabeN that would be amazing haha... Would definitely brighten my mood every morning.

Great video, guys.

Now stack them vertically and show us what it looks like at 3440x4320

Oh he crashes it all the time. Thats why he had 10 of them :P

Wait, so if we reach $50,002 do all the Lambo's get painted pink? Or just one? Because to be honest it's not even worth it if you're just painting one of them... His future Telsa should be painted pink too.  :D

We had a ton of fun making it so it was nice so see that at least some of the audience enjoyed it :P

New guy is also named Nick, though we call him Berkel around the office. No, he is not MrWizard.

Appreciate the support :P if we actually made it to bronze GabeN that would be amazing haha... Would definitely brighten my mood every morning.

I think it's awesome what you guys are doing. I think I said this before in the "should we put a banner for the fundraiser on the LTT website" topic, but I'll say it again  :P It's really cool that you guys are doing all these stretch goals. You guys need the money in order to keep on doing the amazing work that you're doing, and we give it to you and get to see all this stuff happen. Best win-win situation ever.  :D

Bronze GabeN is going to happen, I can feel it.  :P  If we reach that, you guys must to put it into every video. If Luke is missing from the WAN Show, I want to see Linus sitting crosslegged next to it instead of the mannequin. 

Great video, guys.

Now stack them vertically and show us what it looks like at 3440x4320

I assume you also like to watch videos recorded on a vertical cell phone? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Super neat video. I'm sure almost everyone on here can appreciate the "because we can" attitude behind this kind of setup. I would have liked to see something like Sins of a Solar Empire across those displays though.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Imagine playing Civ V like that with a Leap Motion instead of a mouse.. would be damn awesome 

Those racing sim games look incredible on that setup... I get such an experience of just watching the video of Linus playing it because of how it looks.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Awesome setup. I don't think I'd want 3 of those monitors, but one would be awesome.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

I assume you also like to watch videos recorded on a vertical cell phone? 

No, but I do like my 4:3 monitor and so I would much rather have an aspect ration of 7:9 than 64:9