Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Aibohphobia

None yet, but we'll have that (and a lot more) to share in a few weeks  ;)

9eeaf04f_HypeTrain.jpeg

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Also, at the moment we've left the rear-mounting option as ATX only, but we wanted to hear from you guys as to why someone might want to rear mount a SFX unit, since we and others have proposed that in the past. We can very easily make a plate to support that, but when we've considered builds with a SFX unit in the back... well, it's almost always been just better to put it up in the front.

I would have been thinking about doing a build with a front 240mm radiator, and use a SFX psu. If I could do a custom loop with my EK pump/res combo, 2x 240mm rads, and my current waterblocks, I'm sold. I've done the math and the pump would technically fit in the space between the GPU and the top of the case. I could make my own custom bracket to place it on if necessary, and if I'm going that far, I could also technically make my own SFX rear bracket too, but if it were included/optional, it would be easier.

How important is front audio connectors?

We have some things in mind for the case that will make it much more flexible but we'll probably only have room for either 2 x USB 3.0 OR audio, not both.

On a case this size, front I/O is inconsequential. If I had to pick one, USB is more useful.

I would have been thinking about doing a build with a front 240mm radiator, and use a SFX psu. If I could do a custom loop with my EK pump/res combo, 2x 240mm rads, and my current waterblocks, I'm sold. I've done the math and the pump would technically fit in the space between the GPU and the top of the case. I could make my own custom bracket to place it on if necessary, and if I'm going that far, I could also technically make my own SFX rear bracket too, but if it were included/optional, it would be easier.

Mind sharing the parts for this? In theory it would be doable, but I'm curious as to how you'd be putting it together.

Still, to be sure, that's an extreme edge case of a build. We're at the point where we probably won't include it since demand/practicality for it's inclusion remains low. Though, that's also just because of how easy it is to find such adapters, too - most SFX units come with unpainted ones, and finished versions sell for $5-10 on various web store and auction sites. So you wouldn't have to get one made custom at all.

On a case this size, front I/O is inconsequential. If I had to pick one, USB is more useful.

We think we've figured out a way to have the best of both worlds for this - all the I/O in the front, with a minimal aesthetic impact. So we probably won't have to compromise here, thankfully  <_<

I'm gonna do the exact same build if possible. I7 with dual GTX980Ti's would be incredible in a case this size as that is what i'm planning. If 2X240mm rads won't fit, I was thinking one 240 at the bottom and one 140 on the side bracket along with the Apogee Drive II waterblock and pump combo. 

I'm gonna do the exact same build if possible. I7 with dual GTX980Ti's would be incredible in a case this size as that is what i'm planning. If 2X240mm rads won't fit, I was thinking one 240 at the bottom and one 140 on the side bracket along with the Apogee Drive II waterblock and pump combo. 

2x240mm can fit, if you rear-mount the power supply, and use relatively thin rads. But to be honest, the performance difference between a thick 140mm rad (on the side) and a thin 240mm one (up front) is going to be pretty negligible. Plus, with the rad on the side, you can easily swing it away and reveal your build (which just looks awesome, at least IMO) - with the power supply at the rear, it's an effort since it's in the way unless you uninstall it outright.

My "dream" build within Nova would basically be what you said, though: Dual GTX 980Ti's on blocks, a hexa-core i7, Silverstone's 700W SFX-L power supply, and a 240mm (on the bottom) and 140mm (on the side) radiator keeping it all cool. Probably with Noctua's industrialPPC fans.

Oh, and either a M.2 SSD, or a pair of Samsung 850 Pro's, or something  :P

My "dream" build within Nova would basically be what you said, though: Dual GTX 980Ti's on blocks, a hexa-core i7, Silverstone's 700W SFX-L power supply, and a 240mm (on the bottom) and 140mm (on the side) radiator keeping it all cool. Probably with Noctua's industrialPPC fans.

Oh, and either a M.2 SSD, or a pair of Samsung 850 Pro's, or something  :P

WOW! lol.......everything you listed even down to the Noctua IndustrialPPC fans are what i'm going for as well,  as soon as I get my hands on a Nova, or two, possibly three

WOW! lol.......everything you listed even down to the Noctua IndustrialPPC fans are what i'm going for as well,  as soon as I get my hands on a Nova, or two, possibly three

Great minds think alike  ;) Custom loops in Nova are certainly a little ambitious, but they're also pretty surprisingly possible given the size of the case. Really, the only big restriction on the radiators is the thickness of any bottom-mounted one, since it will more likely than not block the 4th PCI slot on most motherboards (not a big deal if you have blocked cards, but not nothing either).

Of course, even then, you could just move the PSU to the back and have even more room up front for a 240mm radiator. Less practical with the power supply, but you'd have room for a thicker rad, and keep the bottom of the case open for other hardware to boot.

Really, it's builds that have many 3.5" drives that will be hardest, since they're just so darn big  :rolleyes:

Would a GTX 980/ti Hybrid (from evga or whatever) fit in this or would it be better to get the nzxt/corsair adaptor for asetek coolers? I was thinking the tubes coming out the side of the hybrid wouldn't fit?

Someone fit the EVGA Hybrid in the M1 and Nova is wider so it'll fit.

when are you planning to release preorders?

Im definitely going to buy this when it releases!

Favourite Game: 
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion -[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks and the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary, 2K Games. It is the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and preceding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Oblivion was first released in March 2006. 

Favourite Music: 
Look at my Mixcloud [https://www.mixcloud.com/Gabelele/]  If you want  

PC specs: 

-Pentium G3258 
-GTX 750ti 
-8gb no name RAM 
-MSI h81m-e34 
-240gb Kingston SSD now SSD 
-1tb Seagate baracuda HDD 
-500watt Aero cool 'X-strike' PSU 
-Bitfenix Neos (Blue Y Black) 

- Modded Microsoft -Intelli mouse [linustechtips.com] (thanks to TheRandomness X/) 
-Logitech K120 keyboard 
-ASUS 21.5" 1080p monitor 

No mates facts: 

Favorite tank: Sturmgeschütz III (I understand the Sturmgeschütz series are not technically tanks but infact SPGs, 'got me') 
Favorite Aircraft: Henschel Hs 129

Roles or characters in games: 
WarThunder = Tank destroyer and sometimes my KV-1B if im bored 
CSGO = Sniper, I seem to be able to AWP 'well' apperently 
RPGs in general = Mage or Tank w/ resoration

Someone fit the EVGA Hybrid in the M1 and Nova is wider so it'll fit.

Link?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, as we've been pretty quiet as of late - Right now we're at the point where we're awaiting some revised quotes and additional information from potential manufacturers and suppliers. We do have initial line-item quotes for parts and production and such, but we know there's opportunity to lower the manufacturer's costs (which will in turn let us lower the pricing), so we're looking at that currently.

Cross-post from HF:

Any news? It's been a wee bit of time since we have heard from you?

Nothing new. Waiting on an alternate quote to see if we can bring the price down.

There have also been a few specific parts that have caused a lot of delay, in terms of securing quotes and getting our manufacturing/fulfillment pipeline set up. It's been a tad frustrating for us since we had an initial sense of the time it would take to get quotes, but basically blew right through that simply because a few third parties were slow to respond (or just outright not very receptive) :P I suppose we were naive in expecting to hit our initial time deadline for that.

Anyway, since we've finished organizing and setting up almost everything else (that we can, at least), we're stuck in a bit of a holding pattern until we get concrete numbers and other information that will let us lock everything down. But there has been progress, and hard-fought at that. Plus, certain ideas and other things we were unsure about feasibility-wise have since been vindicated by the input we've received from manufacturing, so we've been pretty excited about that. Options-wise for Nova, I think people will be pretty happy :)

TLDR: If you're familiar with that feeling where you've been at a 4-way intersection, stuck at a red light for a long time, and you just know that the green light is about to come on, but it stubbornly refuses to do so... That's how it's felt like for the past ~20 days, trying to secure quotes :o But the extra time has at least let us square away other things, so it's at least been productive.

Good to see things are ticking along, albeit slowly. Any more preproduction shots?

Work on the next prototypes hasn't started yet. I'm hoping to get pictures of it in production like the first one though.

Awesome news: I'm happy to share that we've signed on with a manufacturer, and greenlit them to make pre-production test units of our final design! :) This will culminate in a few cases straight off the manufacturing line, that will more or less represent what [REDACTED] will look like in production. It's one of the most important (and final) preparatory steps to make, and it's what we've been waiting to begin for some time now.

Beyond giving us an opportunity to test and verify the design and its functionality (as well as perform various quality and other checks), this work also gives our manufacturer the opportunity to actually make the case, and look for places to simplify the design or streamline how they'll produce [REDACTED] at scale.

Needless to say, stuff’s starting to get really exciting!

I'm so happy for you guys, you've worked so hard and done an amazing job. I love the case and I'd love seeing it selling like crazy like it should. Best of luck

Awesome news: I'm happy to share that we've signed on with a manufacturer, and greenlit them to make pre-production test units of our final design! :) This will culminate in a few cases straight off the manufacturing line, that will more or less represent what [REDACTED] will look like in production. It's one of the most important (and final) preparatory steps to make, and it's what we've been waiting to begin for some time now.

Beyond giving us an opportunity to test and verify the design and its functionality (as well as perform various quality and other checks), this work also gives our manufacturer the opportunity to actually make the case, and look for places to simplify the design or streamline how they'll produce [REDACTED] at scale.

Needless to say, stuff’s starting to get really exciting!

What's the new name mean?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I'm so happy for you guys, you've worked so hard and done an amazing job. I love the case and I'd love seeing it selling like crazy like it should. Best of luck

Thank you! Everyone's support has been awesome, we've really been appreciative and hope to impress you all with the final version of the case  :D

What's the new name mean?

We've chosen a new name, but can't share it yet (hence, its redaction)  ;)