Quiet Static Pressure Fans

Matimo

I don't really have a set budget, I live in the UK and I want the best performance:quietness static pressure fans available. A fan with a PWM variant would be nice also.

I don't want a Noctua unless it's the REDUX line because if the colour scheme, anything dark black/grey and red would be awesome.

Thanks for you help.

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

You can get black noctua fans.

noctua-industrialPPC-140mm.jpg

I would recommend noctua or noiseblocker for pressure and quiet.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

IndustrialPPC's are loud and expensive.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I can not fully agree with this. Expensive, yes (well in Germany 4€ more than the normal PWM variant..), but they are a lot quieter than most fans at the same RPM. You don't have to run them full speed, the 2000 rpm variant starts at ~ 600 rpm...

You can get black noctua fans.

noctua-industrialPPC-140mm.jpg

I would recommend noctua or noiseblocker for pressure and quiet.

They are inaudible and perform a lot better then anything else at idle. They are cheap. 20 bucks for a crappy corsair fan or 30 for an amazingly better performing and looking fan.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Noiseblocker NB eloop, Noctua NF-F12 PWM and Enermax Twister Pressure are the best Static Pressure fans right now.

Isnt the eloop stastic pressure on the level of a Noctua NF-S12A FLX?

Isnt the eloop stastic pressure on the level of a Noctua NF-S12A FLX?

Yeah, now that i've looked at the datasheet, they require much more RPM for the same static pressure.

They are cheap. 

Cheap isn't the word i'd use with Noctua. Value is better suited. 

They aren't cheap, but offer good value. Indeed, better than the corsair fans.

Yeah, now that i've looked at the datasheet, they require much more RPM for the same static pressure.

Cheap isn't the word i'd use with Noctua. Value is better suited.

They aren't cheap, but offer good value. Indeed, better than the corsair fans.

Didn't mean like that, I meant like 30 bucks isn't anything, I waste more on fast food and dying around wasting gas for no reason. I love every aspect of my noctuas.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

So Noctua static pressure is the way to go? My only problem was that I couldn't find any tastefully coloured PWM static pressure fans on their site.

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

So Noctua static pressure is the way to go? My only problem was that I couldn't find any tastefully coloured PWM static pressure fans on their site.

Black goes with everything.

I suppose PC is a piece of high tech equipment. Couldn't a high tech machine have some control of it's fan speed? You can only compare noise when two different fans running at similar speed.

And please tell me which case fan manufacturer provide 6 years of warranty?

You can get Corsair's SP line of fans or the noctua PPC fans. Noctuas cost double the corsair fans but are better

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Black goes with everything.

By tastefully coloured I meant black/grey. Apparently I didn't see the iPPC fans when on their site. Thanks for your help, I will save for the Noctuas.

Rosewill Hyperborea/Akasa Apache

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

corsair SP 120mm quiet edition PWM

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Noctua fans and Corsair SP Quiet Edition PWM fans :)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Rosewill Hyperborea/Akasa Apache

Cannot agree enough, Akasa Apache Blacks are excellent. They run almost silent at 100% and have excellent static pressure. They're also a great price, I highly recommend them for radiators and heatsinks :D

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I would stay away from the 120sp quiets like other people are reccommending, I can attest to the noise as I have a pair(dual pack) sitting right here all boxed up and ready to go back to amazon(to loud and made unpleasant noise at full load). I have ordered the noctua nf-f12's to see how they compare for static pressure and the nf-s12a for case fans. The corsairs are rather loud imo, no where near as loud as the stock h100i fans ofcourse! But still loud, it's worth to go the extra few $$ for the noctua as efficiency is everything, they can spin alot lower and and still clear good pressure/air while being alot quieter.

I would stay away from the 120sp quiets like other people are reccommending, I can attest to the noise as I have a pair(dual pack) sitting right here all boxed up and ready to go back to amazon(to loud and made unpleasant noise at full load). I have ordered the noctua nf-f12's to see how they compare for static pressure and the nf-s12a for case fans. The corsairs are rather loud imo, no where near as loud as the stock h100i fans ofcourse! But still loud, it's worth to go the extra few $$ for the noctua as efficiency is everything, they can spin alot lower and and still clear good pressure/air while being alot quieter.

Don't you have something to control fan speed? If not, the Noctua will be just as loud. NF-F12 runs at 1,500 rpm. The SP120 quiet edition 1,400rpm. The stock 100i fan is just SP120 but with different motor, but spinning at 2,400rpm. If you have some ways to control the fan speed. Simple as plugging them to the motherboard fan headers, and use the BIOS fan setting to reduce fans speed to, say 1,000 rpm. The stock 100i and the quiet edition fans will produce exactly the same level of noise.

For the record, I have both SP120 and NF-F12. They are both noisy at 1,400-1,500rpm. Or super loud at 2,000rpm(my NF-F12 is PPC). But quiet(according to my ears) under 1.000rpm. The question is how much air they can push at that speed. 

Any fan spins at 600rpm will be quiet as hell. On the other end, any fan spins at 3000rpm will be noisy. However comparing fans with different fan speed is just unfair.

can i ask why the the corsair fans are not very good they seam to have good SP ratings

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Like I said before, I have to run my corsairs at much higher rpms (1400-2000) to match my noctuas at 800-1000 rpms. They are noisier, especially the 120's. The af 140s aren't bad just prefer something better when I have to use crappy open air coolers on my gpu's. They prolly have good ratings from people putting them in there case compared to having nothing before.

I don't really have a set budget, I live in the UK and I want the best performance:quietness static pressure fans available. A fan with a PWM variant would be nice also.

I don't want a Noctua unless it's the REDUX line because if the colour scheme, anything dark black/grey and red would be awesome.

Thanks for you help.

I own 5 browny noctuas, none of the other fans I've owned(corsair/bequiet/nzxt) come close in noise. You can buy the pwm redux ones to have black noctuas in your system and set them at a lower rpm(these are complete beasts in performance when used a high rpms).

If you don't care for noise, go with some pretty corsairs for the colored rings they come with, they're ok fans but loud when at a high rpm.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

How has no one mention these...

http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-GentleTyphoon-D1225C12B5AP-15-120mm-Silent/dp/B001Q6RUVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417376828&sr=8-1&keywords=gentle+typhoon

Eloops, multi frames, Air penetrators, apache/viper/hyperboreas, twiter pressures/magmas are all good too

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May