Is this "gaming" monitor worth it?

bluedyguard

A friend of mine is looking to buy a 1080p monitor and found one to his taste, the BenQ XL2411T, but I find it too expensive for the features it has. Could you people give some advice for a monitor that has about the same quality but cheaper? In our country (Romania) it costs 350$.

http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/xl2411t/

Thanks.

Well, you can get 60hz one then. But then you cant have 3D vision gaming, and supersmooth animation. If you achieve 100 fps that is :D

Right now he is running the i5 integrated graphics unit and when he'll buy a GPU he will be looking around the 7870-7950 price mark.

Ya unless you consistently get well over 60FPS in all the games you play, no point.

Well, in my opinion, anyway.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

If you cant get over 60fps on games i would not get this monitor but if you are a hardcore Counter Strike player like me i would get it because source games run so easily these days. Also if you get it remember its expensive and its an long time investment.

RL2455HM from BenQ is a nice choice way under XL2411T pricing. Note, it's 60 Hz

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

Just get a nice IPS monitor because it has better color reproduction and TN has horrible viewing angles

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes... The much better quality of IPS panels outweighs 120Hz by a lot in my opinion.  The BenQ won't make any night and day difference in gaming by any means, despite the "gaming" branding.  Not really any point in it unless you are some kind of pro gamer who needs every little edge... It is mostly superfluous even then though.

Yes... The much better quality of IPS panels outweighs 120Hz by a lot in my opinion.  The BenQ won't make any night and day difference in gaming by any means, despite the "gaming" branding.  Not really any point in it unless you are some kind of pro gamer who needs every little edge... It is mostly superfluous even then though.

I prefer 120hz to IPS panels and i am not a hardcore gamer, but I can not stand playing at below 60 FPS, it just looks and feels far too choppy, around 100 and above is good imo.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE