Modding GTA IV

Admire

So since I finally have a good system again, I have started modding GTA IV. And was hoping somebody here had a little expirience.

I have installed icenhancer 3.0, and the textures the same uploader provided. Its running very well. There are a lot of talk about the taxi bug, but I could not find out if that bug also shows its face if I only replace cars instead of adding them as extras?

Are there any mods that are even better than icenhancer?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I have tried every mod out there for GTA IV. All mods that add cars or replace them cause the taxi bug. The fixes for that don't work good as well, because all they do is draw random cars from a pool of 10, which changes every couple of minutes. In game time it is 2h, which is a very long time and extremely anoying. There is nothing much that you can do to remedy that issue. 

The problem occurs because the engine is not designed to run higher quality models. Just for a comparison, the original cars are like 200-400Kbs, while the modded ones are like 2-10Mbs. Unless you want to install a trainer as well and change between cars liek that, there is no other option. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I have tried every mod out there for GTA IV. All mods that add cars or replace them cause the taxi bug. The fixes for that don't work good as well, because all they do is draw random cars from a pool of 10, which changes every couple of minutes. In game time it is 2h, which is a very long time and extremely anoying. There is nothing much that you can do to remedy that issue. 

The problem occurs because the engine is not designed to run higher quality models. Just for a comparison, the original cars are like 200-400Kbs, while the modded ones are like 2-10Mbs. 

Damn...Well I want to finish the game with good graphics before adding cars. Are there anything you do recommend adding? I did a clean install and im running 1.0.4.0 since i've read that it works much better with mods.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Damn...Well I want to finish the game with good graphics before adding cars. Are there anything you do recommend adding? I did a clean install and im running 1.0.4.0 since i've read that it works much better with mods.

1.0.7.0 is the latest version and it removes some game bugs, I recommend installing that. There are some cool mods for the city, but be aware they are very demanding and I mean very demanding, especially the more radical ones. I once had an entire island next to the main island, which was 2x the size of the original one, so you can imagine that textures went nuts and cars were flying into the sky. At that time I had a GTX 770 Lightning overclocked to GTX 780 performance so yeah, some mods require a lot of graphics horse power. 

There are smaller mods that you can do. Making all gas stations a real-life brand for example, and adding moving busses that drive around the city and stop at bus stops. Also some more skins for the guns, radar, colored radio station logos, true-to-life blood splashes, bigger explosions, realistic fire, etc...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1.0.7.0 is the latest version and it removes some game bugs, I recommend installing that. There are some cool mods for the city, but be aware they are very demanding and I mean very demanding, especially the more radical ones. I once had an entire island next to the main island, which was 2x the size of the original one, so you can imagine that textures went nuts and cars were flying into the sky. At that time I had a GTX 770 Lightning overclocked to GTX 780 performance so yeah, some mods require a lot of graphics horse power. 

There are smaller mods that you can do. Making all gas stations a real-life brand for example, and adding moving busses that drive around the city and stop at bus stops. Also some more skins for teh guns, radar, colored radio station logos, true-to-life blood splashes, bigger explosions, realistic fire, etc...

Thank you for the recommendations...but 1.0.7.0 doesn't work as well with graphics mods like icenhancer. Im running a 4790k and a 970.

Will try to find some of the other things you mentioned...thank you.