Hard drive not working when waking up from S3 (Sleep)

Speedbird

Hi

So I have an SSD boot drive and a mechanical storage drive. I have this problem that when I put my PC to Sleep (probably S3) and then wake it up, the hard drive isn't visible anymore. Not in My Computer nor Disk Management. The only way to get it to work again is to remove the SATA power cable from the drive and plug it back in.

Motherboard is Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H, drive is a 1TB Seagate Barracuda, OS is 64-bit Windows 8.1.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Hi

So I have an SSD boot drive and a mechanical storage drive. I have this problem that when I put my PC to Sleep (probably S3) and then wake it up, the hard drive isn't visible anymore. Not in My Computer nor Disk Management. The only way to get it to work again is to remove the SATA power cable from the drive and plug it back in.

Motherboard is Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H, drive is a 1TB Seagate Barracuda, OS is 64-bit Windows 8.1.

I had the same problem with my hitachi hdds,and it turns out it's the end of hdd's sata connector start having bad connection.If it's still in warranty,better back up your data,and rma it,if not,don't bother it,just get a new one...

I had the issue with an Intel SSD and a Lenovo notebook. After standby the SSD was disconnected and it BSOD'd.

After reinstalling Windows it was good to go.

You might want to check yout S.M.A.R.T values with like CrystalDiskInfo if the drive is fine.

You might also check the connectors like James Yang suggested but if the drive works fine otherwise i wouldn't think it's a wiring issue.

Also check if there is a new firmware update available for your drive.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

I had the issue with an Intel SSD and a Lenovo notebook. After standby the SSD was disconnected and it BSOD'd.

After reinstalling Windows it was good to go.

You might want to check yout S.M.A.R.T values with like CrystalDiskInfo if the drive is fine.

You might also check the connectors like James Yang suggested but if the drive works fine otherwise i wouldn't think it's a wiring issue.

Also check if there is a new firmware update available for your drive.

Well, no firmware updates. SMART also looks good and so are the connectors.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.