Jump to content
Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gtfokenny

Should I buy a 270x now (black friday) or wait until Christmas?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I currently have an MSI GTX 560ti twin frozr edition, and I'm wanting to upgrade my graphics card.  I don't want to spend that much money as I'm currently in college, and I'm just starting to get back into gaming.  I'm not sure if my 560ti would handle GTAV (one of the biggest I want to play) that well, and I'm thinking of getting a 270x as an upgrade.  I can get one roughly $140 after rebate.  Should I wait until Christmas or should I spring now?

 

If it's any relevance, my current specs are:

i5-2500k at 4.0ghz

8gb ram

520W psu

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

get it now.


Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have an MSI GTX 560ti twin frozr edition, and I'm wanting to upgrade my graphics card.  I don't want to spend that much money as I'm currently in college, and I'm just starting to get back into gaming.  I'm not sure if my 560ti would handle GTAV (one of the biggest I want to play) that well, and I'm thinking of getting a 270x as an upgrade.  I can get one roughly $140 after rebate.  Should I wait until Christmas or should I spring now?

 

If it's any relevance, my current specs are:

i5-2500k at 4.0ghz

8gb ram

520W psu

 

Forget the 270x. Get an R9 280 right now for $130 after rebate

 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131570

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a small chance that you may find a lower price but if there is a price taht you can live with now then get it and if anything return it and get the lower price.

 

Hope this helps


Halfbreed

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×