Logitech G430 or Asus Orion Pro

zarrexx

I have narrowed my choice of headsets to 2 and cant decide which one to buy could anyone suggest which one to get?

Asus Orion Pro or the Logitech G430?

Thanks!

I have heard really good things about the Logitech. Problem is if it breaks the support is rubbish. Just keep that in mind :)

I just love my G35 from Logitech.

I'm all Logitech in this.

I own both the asus orion and the logitech g430 I have to say that the 430 is far superior. The 430 sounds better, keeps your ears colder than the asus orion pro, is WAY more comfortable, and is built better. Trust me, Logitech G430 all the way

I agree with everything Jelliott says,  Pretty much covered it all.  And suprisingly even with the swivel cups, they are remarkably strong.

First off, I wouldn't say either of them have outstanding sound quality. I'm an audiophile and game with my sennheiser hd595's and an asus xonar essence stx, unless I am playing a game with my friends, in which case I will use my g430's because they have a mic. I would say that the sound quality is about the same, the g430's maybe sound  a touch better but I wouldn't say that it is applicable. When it comes to headphones for gaming however, I would ALWAYS choose comfort over sound quality. The reason being is that I would rather be comfortable than have something sound better. I found that the earcups on the orion were to shallow, made my ears hot, and made my ears hurt. The spitfire usb card isn't anything special. It gives you the option of 7.1 like the g430 but I'm not really a fan of any implementation of 7.1 (just sounds echoey). If you can return the orions I would. That said, I do have big ears, which may be why I find most headsets to be uncomfortable, the build quality like an all asus products is nice, and they look outstanding. For me the comfort is a deal breaker, however if you can't exchange them I wouldn't feel bad about the purchase because the orions do sit higher on my list of headsets I have tried. I hope this helps! :)

Thank you very much. Before I thought you meant that the difference i n quality is very high. But since its not that different then  I wont return them. I'll see how they fit me then decide whether to return them or not. I have read a lot of reviews, and some people day they are the most comfortable headsets they have ever tried. So ill see how they fit my head...Thanks a lot for you answer! BTW I got them for sale for 30 euro off (35-40 dollars), so I got a pretty good deal on them. Thanks again.