WAN Show Twitch Chat Bot Thread

Ghost

These are the features of the current twitch chat bot. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Command: !ttl

(Time till live)
Replies with the message: "[bOT] The next WAN Show should begin in: # day # hours and # minutes."
The command is deactivated for the 24 hours after the start of the WAN show.

Command: !lll

(Linus'/Luke's Last Link)
Replies with the message: "[bOT] Linus' Last Link: http://example.com"
The command will let you know if the there is no last link stored.

Command: !uptime

Displays the amount of time since the stream last went live, or since the bot last went offline for maintenance.

Command: !help
Sends you here

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

These are the features of the current twitch chat bot. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Command: TTL

Replies with the message: "[bOT] The next WAN Show should begin in: # day # hours and # minutes."

The command is deactivated for the 24 hours after the start of the WAN show.

Command: LLL

Replies with the message: "[bOT] Linus' Last Link: http://example.com"

The command will let you know if the there is no last link stored.

Time Stamp Functionality

The bot allows you to generate timestamps during the show to help with the youtube description. Each submitters timestamps are kept separate and everyone's timestamps are credited. Linus will most likely put the best set of timestamps in the description. At the start of the show the show start time will be set. You will see a print out from the bot: "[bOT] Show Start time has been set." From that point on your timestamps will be recorded.

To record a timestamp use the command !ts <topic name> for example posting  "!ts Apple goes bankrupt" would add the time stamp "00:00:00 Apple goes Bankrupt" to your list.

When you have finished recording timestamps use the command !ts EndTS. This will dump your timestamps into the file and reset your time stamp list. This will give you the printout "[bOT] You have submitted # timestamps."

0745fb0f08.png

i always through you were a bot ghost now it seems you admit it lol

anyways looks good

• 2 months later...

It is so complicated,i think i will have to stare at it,for a while to understand.

Awesome anyway! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

• 1 year later...

It would be nice to have a list of banned words, I have been given a timeout twice but have no idea why. At least have the bot message us with the word we got banned for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2016 at 0:56 AM, Nardella said:

It would be nice to have a list of banned words, I have been given a timeout twice but have no idea why. At least have the bot message us with the word we got banned for.

That would be very open to abuse. People would just replace letters. The initial timeouts should be very short.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.