900p to 1080p worth it?

Cavin8

Is going from a 900p monitor to a 1080p monitor really worth it? Is there really that big of a difference?

yes

It's the same as PS4 to PC, so yes.

I notice the difference between my 1080p panels and my dad's 1920*1200 panel. So I guess it works the other way round too :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Is going from a 900p monitor to a 1080p monitor really worth it? Is there really that big of a difference?

i made the jump from a 900p 20inch panel to a 1080P 27unch panel. it does look sharper, but I probably just sit a little farther. overall its a much better experience. even if people here rip on me for going 1080P on such a large panel. for a budget, its great, and its more then fine. 

If you want to tell people about your framerate and/or benchmark games you should get a 1080p monitor or higher.

It is up to preference, If you got the money you should buy a 1080p monitor and use your 900p monitor as a secondary one.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

It's the same as PS4 to PC, so yes.

ilXGFMqKGTD6Q.gif

You can't really compare the two in that way.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Yes, it's completely worth it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

You can't really compare the two in that way.

I'm talking about the resolution :)

I'm talking about the resolution :)

Yeah but it still doesn't make sense lol. The ps4's native res is till 1080p, games for it just suck

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder