Twitter’s App Now Tracks Your Other App(s) Usage..

This post may contain more than 140 characters

9504-twitter-icon-app-psd.jpg

Starting today, Twitter users on iOS and Android devices will be alerted to a change in the type of data the social network is collecting on them, The new tracking method is set in place to fine tune user experience with much more refined  & personalized ad for user

Twitter Accesses the  data via The App Graph , App graph collects the list of applications you have installed & are mostly being used by you But they are not collecting any data from within the applications.

The company says it’s using the app data to help “build a more tailored experience for you on Twitter,” which includes things like improving your “who to follow” recommendations by connecting you with those who have similar interests; showing your relevant promoted content; and adding content to your timeline like tweets and accounts that Twitter thinks you’ll find interesting.

New App Tracking Capabilities Help Personalize User Experience &  Benefit Advertisers in a real way..

twitter-stocks-ipo.jpg

Twitter claims that it's using your app graph to help build a more tailored experience for you on Twitter Like adding Tweets, accounts, or other content to your timeline that we think you'll find especially interesting. Improved “who to follow” suggestions that share similar interests. Showing ads with  more relevant promoted content tailored for individual.

twitterandroid__9bff8398c6a3d096847d41d3

It will also improve the interest-based ad targeting capabilities the network currently offers, allowing advertisers to reach very specific “buckets” of users based on a better understanding of what those users like, what apps they have and use, and which games they like to play.

The app graph data can be turned off, once you turn off the setting, twitter will remove your app graph data from their app & stop future collection.

That's the basics: Now if you want to remove this feature follow these instructions :

Disabling for Android:

Tap the overflow icon
Tap Settings.
Tap the account you’d like to adjust.
Under Other, you can adjust the setting to Tailor Twitter based on my apps.

Disabling for iOS:

From the Me tab, tap the gear icon
Tap Settings.
Tap the account you’d like to adjust.
Under Privacy, you can adjust the setting to Tailor Twitter based on my apps.

FYI if you haven’t seen the prompt yet, Twitter isn’t collecting your app data.

This will be the message you'll be seeing (middle blue bar)

img_3827.jpg

According to WSJ Twitter’s user growth has been stagnating. Twitter is not the first one to track your app usage as well Facebook is also able to see which apps users have installed on their phones, if the apps use the Facebook SDK (as many do).

Twitter, meanwhile, is implementing the app tracking data in a way that’s fairly visible showing a user a large, blue prompt that points users to their settings. It will also honor settings a user previously had configured including the “Limit Ad Tracking” on an iOS device or the “Opt out of interest-based ads” on Android

Although this may be lightly concerning to those who view this as privacy violation , twitter is being very open about it & it's not just a tiny popup  that disappear after a while when you are not noticing..

So what are your thoughts on this? post your thoughts & comments & rants on this topic down beloooooooooooooooooooooe...

Bonus:

funny-Twitter-God-regret.jpg

Link:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/26/twitter-app-graph/

Details separate people.

Now available only from TheSLSAMG!

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Tin foil caps! Only 3 easy payments of $9.95!

But on a serious note, -_-

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's a good thing that I don't really use Twitter in general nor their iOS app. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Very soon,

"We will install Keystroke Logger to your PC, tablet and phone to fine tune user experience with much more refined  & personalized ad for user." 

Nice!  :lol: 

tin-foil-hat.jpg

So how much do you want for a tin foil top hat?

On a serious note: Good thing I don't have twitter on my phone.

So how much do you want for a tin foil top hat?

On a serious note: Good thing I don't have twitter on my phone.

38521_900.jpg

Usually, these babies need to be specially ordered. An extra payment could compensate for the extra materials and build time. But so long as you look swagalicious while protecting your precious brainwaves from the likes of Hitler, the government and Twitter, what's an extra $9.95?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Honestly, I'm surprised that iOS allows Facebook and Twitter to see what apps you have installed knowing that app to app communication is very poor in iOS.

...aaand uninstalled. To join its fellow Facebook app.

Facebook is worse.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Should you blame Twitter for doing it or Apple/Google for allowing it?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

ILL TAKE 10

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've been looking for an excuse to stop using twitter.

Thanks, OP.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Ah kind gentlesir! I wish to purchase one of these in order to become more 'hip' as they say. 

Unless you supply a fedora variant?

Do PM me back! 

DildorTheDecent - Redditor and promoter of equality. 

*EDIT* = Thanks for the Gold! *tips* 

Edited by DildorTheDecent

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Ah kind gentlesir! I wish to purchase one of these in order to become more 'hip' as they say. 

Unless you supply a fedora variant?

Do PM me back! 

Good morrow my wonderful man! We do in fact offer the more fedorable variety!

DSCF9097.JPG

As you can see, this was made with only the utmost high end of materials, and has been crafted by the hands of GabeN himself! As such, this hat gives you more fidelity in the genital region, protects your brainwaves 69x as well as the original variety and also protects you from the peasant scum!

TheSLSAMG - Reddit Gold User, Proprietor of Swag and Emperor of Aluminum Foil Head Coverings.

Good morrow my wonderful man! We do in fact offer the more fedorable variety!

As you can see, this was made with only the utmost high end of materials, and has been crafted by the hands of GabeN himself! As such, this hat gives you more fidelity in the genital region, protects your brainwaves 69x as well as the original variety and also protects you from the peasant scum!

TheSLSAMG - Reddit Gold User, Proprietor of Swag and Emperor of Aluminum Foil Head Coverings.

I'll take 3! HL3! hue hue hue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic - if twitter wants to know what i'm into then so be it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'll take 3! HL3! hue hue hue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic - if twitter wants to know what i'm into then so be it. 

hue hue hue

three hues

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.